Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

People who put chocoalte in the fridge. It's a bit like eating chocolate, but brittle and not as tasty.
This is a bit like the "thick vs. thin pancakes" debate - I actually like both chilled chocolate AND soft, room-temperature chocolate. Depends on my mood.

I'm the same, but it depends on the chocolate for me.

Hard chocolate such as dairy milk or Bournville or kit kats, chocolate that you break into pieces before you eat it anyway, is best cold, imo.

Things like MArs bars, caramels, fudges etc are best at room temperature.

I had a mate at uni like that. He'd just shout random things at the TV when he knew something about it.

I remember one time we were watching a film, set in San Francisco.

At one point the camera panned to the Golden gate bridge. Everyone knows that bridge. But he shouted "That's the golden Gate Bridge" and sat back all happy.

Annoyed me a lot. he still does it.

Haha, again, exactly what im talking about. Its the smugness which is equally as annoying.

Rodders - you dont know her trust me! If you know something, about something which people may be interested in, then fantastic. It's just the repitition of things which is of no interest to anyone, just to prove that you know something that annoys me.

People who put chocoalte in the fridge. It's a bit like eating chocolate, but brittle and not as tasty.
This is a bit like the "thick vs. thin pancakes" debate - I actually like both chilled chocolate AND soft, room-temperature chocolate. Depends on my mood.

I'm the same, but it depends on the chocolate for me.

Hard chocolate such as dairy milk or Bournville or kit kats, chocolate that you break into pieces before you eat it anyway, is best cold, imo.

Things like MArs bars, caramels, fudges etc are best at room temperature.

:nod:

When people constantly say things just let everyone else know that they know something...

My mother in law is the worst perpetrator of this (probably why it annoys me so much). Anything that comes up on TV, she will attempt to embelish on, then sit there with a big shit eating grin on her face like she's achieved something. She will literally jump on any scenario which allows her to show off what she knows like a puppy on a squeeky toy.

My mother in law does something similar, only she makes things up to make it look like she knows things, yet only succeeds in making herself look daft.

eg. the actress who plays "Cilla" in Corrie is a famous Shakespearean theatre actress, and Nicholas Cage's father was a famous deep sea diver.

Exactly this.

Difficult to disprove, and calling her out will only make you look rude.

Exactly! **** hell, I feel like we're soul mates now. I have to fight back the urge to contradict her "facts" as I know it'll just make the wife get the hump with me, and I'll feel bad afterwards, but bloody hell woman, just give it a rest.

Oh and another thing she does if you're watching a quiz is pretend that she hasn't heard when somebody says an answer, then she shouts it out herself. My father in law had University Challenge on last week, and one of the rounds I got the answer "Dido and Aeneas". I said this, closely followed by the M-I-L, to which my wife responds "oh well done mum!" **** off!

Anyway, changing tack - Adele.

I'm sick of hearing that **** song on the radio morning, noon and night. You've been dumped, get over it you fat annoying chav.

My mate once watched a repeat of Question of Sport with us, but had seen the original screening but didn't tell us, and then tried to pass off as if he knew every answer. he had us fooled at first, but when he got the mystery guest but then couldn't tell us who it was (it was Lua Lua, which shows you how little he knew about sport if he didn't know who he was, which is why we were suspicious) we cottoned on.

When people constantly say things just let everyone else know that they know something...

My mother in law is the worst perpetrator of this (probably why it annoys me so much). Anything that comes up on TV, she will attempt to embelish on, then sit there with a big shit eating grin on her face like she's achieved something. She will literally jump on any scenario which allows her to show off what she knows like a puppy on a squeeky toy.

My mother in law does something similar, only she makes things up to make it look like she knows things, yet only succeeds in making herself look daft.

eg. the actress who plays "Cilla" in Corrie is a famous Shakespearean theatre actress, and Nicholas Cage's father was a famous deep sea diver.

Exactly this.

Difficult to disprove, and calling her out will only make you look rude.

Exactly! **** hell, I feel like we're soul mates now. I have to fight back the urge to contradict her "facts" as I know it'll just make the wife get the hump with me, and I'll feel bad afterwards, but bloody hell woman, just give it a rest.

Oh and another thing she does if you're watching a quiz is pretend that she hasn't heard when somebody says an answer, then she shouts it out herself. My father in law had University Challenge on last week, and one of the rounds I got the answer "Dido and Aeneas". I said this, closely followed by the M-I-L, to which my wife responds "oh well done mum!" **** off!

Haha, I'm beginning to wonder if my mother in law has a sister which she hasnt told us about.

They're an unbeatable force. I've tried sitting there quietly, pretending that Im not interested, but so unashamed is her showing off that she'll actually come at me with, "I hope you're impressed".

What do you do with that? Allow them to stab at your dignity with a toothpick, or come back and encounter the wrath of your mrs?

or come back and encounter the wrath of your mrs?

Depends how you do it though. You don't have to do it in a manner that mortifies the aul' one. Just make the point subtly enough that she's more reluctant to blurt out complete bollocks in future :)

People who don't think the act of blowing their nose is disgusting.

To me, it's similar to having a shit or throwing up, you wouldn't do that in front of people.

It makes my stomach turn when someone's blowing their nose in front of me. Don't know why but it disgusts me.

If I thought the contents was particularly impressive I might even show you Stevo. Like a kid that's made a green paint butterfly with croutons.

Depends how you do it though. You don't have to do it in a manner that mortifies the aul' one. Just make the point subtly enough that she's more reluctant to blurt out complete bollocks in future :)

This is where we differ Bof.

When I take her down, I like to get my moneys worth or 'Go Large'.

There's no middle ground to be had in this battle.

Anyway, changing tack - Adele.

I'm sick of hearing that **** song on the radio morning, noon and night. You've been dumped, get over it you fat annoying chav.

Great minds and all that ... :lol:

FWIW she is horribly overrated.

My father in law had University Challenge on last week, and one of the rounds I got the answer "Dido and Aeneas". I said this, closely followed by the M-I-L, to which my wife responds "oh well done mum!" **** off!
Two-way tie between me and the missus on that one.

Purcell's only opera.

This is where we differ Bof.

When I take her down, I like to get my moneys worth or 'Go Large'.

There's no middle ground to be had in this battle.

Well if she says "I hope you're impressed" say "I knew it but I wouldn't dare steal your thunder". Belittle or devalue her achievement :) That's as bad as 'going large'. You might be monosexual for a while after though :)

Â