Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Anyway, the English language.

I've always been pretty good at languages in my view but recently I've started noticing funny words due to the fact that I've been reading more. And some words just piss me off. For example

coun·te·nance/ˈkountn-əns/

Verb: Admit as acceptable or possible.

Noun: A person's face or facial expression.

How the hell is that a verb?! Thought anything that ends in an "ance" was supposed to be a noun and only a noun. Bloody grammar.

I've always been pretty good at languages in my view but recently I've started noticing funny words due to the fact that I've been reading more. And some words just piss me off. For example

How the hell is that a verb?! Thought anything that ends in an "ance" was supposed to be a noun and only a noun. Bloody grammar.

I'm sorry, I can't countenance such a degree of outrage. I'm going to dance off and chance my luck while I balance on one leg. Then I'll advance some money to someone who wants me to finance their deal.

When my GF can tell that I've put the hot water in before the milk :suspect:

Why the hell she insists on putting the milk in first I'll never know, the teabag wont stew properly. So I came to the conclusion that she just like weak tea.. nope, she can still tell! Confused.com

posh people used to do that, obvously from a tea pot. Its to do with the fine bone china they used. Boiling hot water could cause it to crack so they poured the milk first and then the hot water would bring up the temperature in the cup slowly. Nowadays with ceramic mugs It doesn't matter

What do you mean "used to"? I always make tea in a teapot. It's always rubbish if you just try and make it in a cup.

Facebook has got itself into a weird loop and won't let me log in. It locked, causing me to have to restart IE, now when I try and log in it does that "new computer" thing, I enter my email address and password, and it gives me the "new computer" screen again. And again. And again. Grrrr.

Why the hell she insists on putting the milk in first I'll never know, the teabag wont stew properly. So I came to the conclusion that she just like weak tea.. nope, she can still tell! Confused.com

posh people used to do that, obvously from a tea pot. Its to do with the fine bone china they used. Boiling hot water could cause it to crack so they poured the milk first and then the hot water would bring up the temperature in the cup slowly. Nowadays with ceramic mugs It doesn't matter

What do you mean "used to"? I always make tea in a teapot. It's always rubbish if you just try and make it in a cup.

What do you do at work?

Do you have your own teapot? :winkold: :lol:

What do you do at work?

No, which is precisely why I don't drink tea at work; it would be - to quote Douglas Adams - "a liquid that is almost - but not quite - entirely unlike tea". Tea is for home.

I stick to coffee at work. Proper filter coffee, that is, not that instant shite (the coffee equivalent of tea made in a plastic cup).

I'm sorry, I can't countenance such a degree of outrage. I'm going to dance off and chance my luck while I balance on one leg. Then I'll advance some money to someone who wants me to finance their deal.

:lol:

What do you do at work?

No, which is precisely why I don't drink tea at work; it would be - to quote Douglas Adams - "a liquid that is almost - but not quite - entirely unlike tea". Tea is for home.

I stick to coffee at work. Proper filter coffee, that is, not that instant shite (the coffee equivalent of tea made in a plastic cup).

:!:

SPot on.

For the nigga who be talkin loud and holdin his dick

Talkin shit, he better LAY LOW

For the bitch that said I shot some shit up out of my dick

Now she sick, she better LAY LOW

For the niggaz who be claimin my hood

and really ain't from my gang, better LAY LOW

I hope he don't be thinkin I'm just talkin

and I won't do a thing, really HOPE SO!

Â