Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH I don't really know that much about him, he looked good in the play off final but so do a lot of players.

Ashley Young for example.

Not sure what point I'm trying to make with that....but he did.

or is it dark over there at the moment

Now I had seen a lot of your guys point out how dark Scandinavia is.

So now I will ask, how can it be that our Scandinavia girls are so suntan

and your British girls are so colorless if it’s all dark in Scandinavia and sunny at your place?? :winkold:

Back to what it is about... just want to say.. if we get Sneijder.. then i would be a happy camper :D

It's amusing to see that people who want to sign players such as Koumas try to ridicule others by saying "you don't want him because his name isn't exciting enough, he isn't fancy enough etc etc". This is amusing because everyone on here just wants someone better and couldn't give a rats ass what he was called. No-one has said it either.

I mean, who wants this strange foreigner we haven't heard or seen of? That's bullcrap dudes, it's quality and not quantity for me right now. We have the squad-fillers, at least in midfield, now let's bring in the quality.

And if you were MON, wouldn't you attempt to sign the best players first and sign the fillers afterwards?

If we'd been linked with Sidwell last year, we'd probably have been having the same discussion.

Without wanting to waste my afternoon with the search facility, I'd bet that at some point we were and we did.

You'd be right...

Sidwell has been mentioned a couple of times but from what I saw yesterday I don't think he's good enough. Yes, good enough for a midtable team or newcomers but still not good enough for the top and I hope that's where we aim.

koumas no thanks. i would not be happy paying 6m who hasnt proven it in the premeirship

I think even mediocre players' fees will be inflated (not saying Koumas is mediocre mind).

I've just heard that we're interested in Koumasovic, evidently he's been getting rave reviews in the Croatian second division could be a great buy but we need to move quickly because Everton are sniffing around. (Sky have just said that Koumas is going on holiday and has two weeks to consider accepting Villas offer! ) breaking news quoting Koumas.

or is it dark over there at the moment

Now I had seen a lot of your guys point out how dark Scandinavia is.

So now I will ask, how can it be that our Scandinavia girls are so suntan

and your British girls are so colorless if it’s all dark in Scandinavia and sunny at your place?? :winkold:

A higher sunbed/girl ratio?

All hail the pale ugly brummy chav, she might not be as tanned as her scandanavian cousin but she goes like the clappers!

:) Yeah sort of. I just thought the analogy with West Brom as a team was a strange one, it's about the individual player really and whether he can cut it. If Pele played for Scunthorpe he'd still be a good player even though Scunthorpe are nowhere near being a Premiership side.

If you see what I mean lol.

Yeah fair do's, I agree. All I'm trying to show is that just because West Brom play in the Championship it doesn't necessarily mean they have a Championship squad. I'm amazed they didn't win automatic promotion and I don't think I'm alone. So there shouldn't be a stigma attatched to buying a player from West Brom, their best player at that. I'm saying it's similar to buying Man City's best player.

Sure, I get you.

Interesting that no-one was moaning we were linked to a Portuguese second division player - ah, the benefit of a fancy name.

I think its pointless arguing over the definition of 'Star' or 'Quality' players. The General could well have meant 'Star' or even 'World Class' players for all we know. You'd have to know The Generals definition of quality.

The best way to judge will be to see who we have after the window closes.

For what its worth, if we are after Koumas (and I'm not 100% convinced we are) he would be a squad player to make numbers and compete like everybody else. I wouldnt rate him as good as Barry, Petrov or Gardner but a useful player to have, certainly. Never a PL centre mid though. As part of a three man central trio or a wide player maybe.

I really dont think we'll be trumped too often for our main targets and I trust MON to have already chosen our targets a good while ago and that they will be excellent targets. He'll want to have time with his team complete for pre season after last seasons impromptu baptism.

It's amusing to see that people who want to sign players such as Koumas try to ridicule others by saying "you don't want him because his name isn't exciting enough, he isn't fancy enough etc etc". This is amusing because everyone on here just wants someone better and couldn't give a rats ass what he was called. No-one has said it either.

I mean, who wants this strange foreigner we haven't heard or seen of? That's bullcrap dudes, it's quality and not quantity for me right now. We have the squad-fillers, at least in midfield, now let's bring in the quality.

I can only speak for myself but I wasn't pointing to you specifically Roca, no need to take is so personal. It's just my opinion that some look on players with 'fancy' names more favourably.

And if you were MON, wouldn't you attempt to sign the best players first and sign the fillers afterwards?

I doubt O'Neill has even concidered what order he should sign players in. Get them all in as soon as possible seems to be the plan. If it's easier/quicker to sign Koumas than it is Sneijder then so be it.

If im being honest I would not mind if we buy any of the players we have been linked to simply because I trust MON's judgement and will pass judgement until the players signed have had at least half a season. If your going to be upset about a player we buy before he even puts on a shirt then you will never give him a chance.

At £6mil koumas is overpriced i think, but then again most players will be this summer. He would be a decent signing obviously to provide depth to the squad but im wandering if Milner would be available for a similar price? Davis out Milner in, i think that would be a good move.