Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it amazing that you can post about football and it gets ignired, yet the keyboard warrior posts a load of shit with a yellow face and it add 3 pages of more shit. **** sort it out, it getting tedious now.

I'd like us to go for Cristian Chivu of Roma. He's now coming into the last year of his contract and is a cultured centre-half who an also play at left back (i.e. ideal). Would certainly fall into the 'top class' bracket.

Isn't he 33 or something?

27 this year.

Chivu would be a good signing.

Isn't it amazing that you can post about football and it gets ignired, yet the keyboard warrior posts a load of shit with a yellow face and it add 3 pages of more shit. **** sort it out, it getting tedious now.

Your not referring to my post at the start of page 501 by any chance are you?

I see coco the clown has now signed for burnley on a free transfer!.

Clicky!

Let's face it Parker, NRC and Barton are involved in a transfer triangle. If Parker goes the destination of the other two will be resoved quickly.

As for which one to Villa - You have NRC and Barton, two players who have 'baggage' and rumours surrounding them. Therefore, it's down to ability. My own opinion is Barton is superior, he has a physique more suited to midfield, height and scores more goals. Under the right manager I think he could be a great player.

All three now have questions marks about character and attitude:

Parker: homesick, needs to be in London? He has only played consistently well under Curbishley.

NRC: maybe psychologically damaged by the abuse of the past season. (including world cup treatment by McClaren)

Barton: a thoroughly unpleasant and dangerous psychopath who may well be jailed for his latest uncontrolled thuggery.

I still think that Sneijder is a much better option. I'll just keep hoping!

I dont understand why people not worry.

Teams that were placed around us in the table and above are investing in good players and every player I´ve seen so far will improve their teams. If we invest the same then it will be all on luck if we´re going to fight for Europe next season.

Our team is a team for place 11...maybe top ten...but to go into Europe there has to be a huge investment now because other teams that are ahead of us or has had a disappointing season will get better.

Newcastle will get much better with Allardyce...

Manchester City will get better when the new ownership is done and Ranieri steps in...

Everton, Tottenham, Portsmouth and West Ham will be up there...

Blackburn feels a little bit difficult to decide on how they will go...

Reading and Bolton will take a dip...

It will take more than the type of players like Taylor and Naismith to make us serious contenders for Europe next season and that is exactly why I worry. Do we have the chance on getting players we need to close in the gap? Do we have the finance to make such a huge jump on the ladder?

Everyone seems to think that we will be the winners when the transfer market closes...there are a whole world out there looking for players...and there are not endless amount of players that would suit us or MON.

MON might have something up his sleeve, but what happens if he misses out on his main targets and players like Parker has already slipped us by?

There is no safety belt for this ride and we might end up as the transfer markets losers even though we have MON and Lerner. I dont doubt that they have the skill to do things right for the club...not at all...but it is not an easy job to make Villa run riot in the league again...especially not having Europe as a bait to lure high profile players for next season.

I´m not complaining about MON or Lerner but as a supporter to the club I cant be blind and not count in the reality that comes with this world of football.

People say that we got Young and Carew in the end of january and we had been moaning through the middle of january that we havent signed anyone yet...well...Young was MON´s doing...but was Carew really MON´s deal or was it Houllier´s? :winkold:

I am quite sure that Houllier wanted Baros and he used Carew as bait...it was a great deal for us and I am happy for it...but can we be certain that this was a deal that we can give 100% credit to MON?

I want to discuss things like this so please try to keep a respectful discussion level.

People say that we got Young and Carew in the end of january and we had been moaning through the middle of january that we havent signed anyone yet...well...Young was MON´s doing...but was Carew really MON´s deal or was it Houllier´s? :winkold:

I am quite sure that Houllier wanted Baros and he used Carew as bait...it was a great deal for us and I am happy for it...but can we be certain that this was a deal that we can give 100% credit to MON?

YES! Im quite sure we wanted rid of Baros and MON needed a big target man, Carew did have offers other than us remember! We robbed Lyon blind!

Everyone seems to think that we will be the winners when the transfer market closes

Why shouldn't we be? I mean you think the other clubs around us will be winners when the window closes so why shouldn't Villa?

Everyone seems to think that we will be the winners when the transfer market closes

We were in January, why not again? (though ManU are looking like the winners at the moment with Nani, Anderson, Hargreaves and probably another)

OS rumour site linking us with Phillipe Lahm, probably a relation of Philip Lahm. What source was that?

I would have kittens if we got Lahm, no way he'd come to us though.