Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Taylor really all that good? I mean, yes he scores spectacular goals but there doesnt seem to be much else. Like another Hitzlsperger to be honest.

Taylor, in my opinion, is an average mid table Premiership player with an exceptional shot which improves his value and worth. He would provide useful cover at left back and left midfield but as I have said, I really doubt that he will leave Pompey. If he does, I really can't see Liverpool being in for him although he is a typical Liverpool signing as he is not a top 4 player.

..For those of you that say Taylor will stay at Pompey..

Who would you realistically think we would/could sign.

** Keeping in mind they are competing with Bouma for that place!**

And your own personal fav on who you would want there at LW/LM.

Edited: After BOF's correction.

..For those of you that say Taylor will stay at Pompey..

Who would you realistically think we would/could sign.

** Keeping in mind they are competing with Bouma for that place!**

And your own personal fav on who you would want there at LB.

Bouma will be the best left back in the Premiership next season so I don't see us signing a "name." O'Halloran will probably be regarded by Mon as adequate cover.

I thinkw e should go for parker if available. as fat sams after barton and cant play both

I'd at least like us to make a bid for this player or have someone better lined up. That would be my suggestion anyway

Ideally we would sign Jagielka who can play right and left back but that now appears unlikely. Not sure who else I would sign as cover at left back to be honest. Players like Baines would be decent but he is not better than Bouma and would expect to be playing so I don't see the point in signing him. We are not yet in the position where we can sign good quality players who will be happy to be a squad player in the way the top 4 can do.

I'd say O'Halloran for now. My point is really that left back is one of the strongest positions in the first 11 and as such there are more important areas that not only need a new first teamer, but also backup to be bought before we look at LB.

But who do we have as backup/fighting for Boumas posistion BOF?

After the glowing reviews of his performances for Ireland, I think young Mr. O'Halloran is knocking on that door.

If Bouma picks up a serious knock though, is he ready for a regular spell of games for us?