Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Liverpool going after Malouda and Simao, that pretty much gives you an awesome team

Problem is that i dont think Villa would benefit from these players atm. If you take a look at how Wenger built Arsenal towards its prime, you will see that they had a physically strong squad. They had leaders, and good structure and discipline. I think this is what we need to aim for, before we start signing up fancy players from the southern leagues.

Then again, fancy wingers cant do much wrong i guess. Oh well blabla.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point TRL. Those players are the 'finishing touch' to an already brilliant Liverpool side. I also don't think we yet have the stature required to sign a player of Simao's class. We would definitely need European football as a minimum requirement to get him.

Liverpool going after Malouda and Simao, that pretty much gives you an awesome team

Problem is that i dont think Villa would benefit from these players atm. If you take a look at how Wenger built Arsenal towards its prime, you will see that they had a physically strong squad. They had leaders, and good structure and discipline. I think this is what we need to aim for, before we start signing up fancy players from the southern leagues.

Then again, fancy wingers cant do much wrong i guess. Oh well blabla.

I think it's a bit misleading to use the word fancy wingers/players. Like they do one thing and don't contribute in defense. Some other guy here also use to say that since they can do stepovers that's why I want them. These players aren't just "fancy", they are also great footballers with lots of skills we don't have. Simao will give them at least 3 goals from free kicks every season and numerous assists, Malouda is a very good winger as well.

Aston Villa in negotiations with Shattar Al Arab for Midfield Star!

According to the players agent Hairy Pubis: " Representatives have been watching Cali for about three months now, when a big club like Aston Villa come all the way to the Middle East to keep tabs on a player you know he is special"-

The Sudanese Striker has scored 58 goals in 87 games in the leaugue, and heads have started to turn towards the Middle East, with Tottenham, Newcastle, and Manchester City believed to be in the hunt

The player was quoted as saying: " Of course it would be a dream come true to play in the English Premier Leaugue, i know i have what it takes to make it there, even if I play in a non existent League, If i existed i would definately join tottenham or Newcastle because they are much bigger clubs than Villa and light years ahead"

Martin O'neill was quite mum on the talk however, only saying: "Cali is the Dogs bollocks and i've been tyring to keep quiet about all this, but now Tottenham have come in there is no way we will get him, we were prepared to offer him 1 camel to cross the desert, a life jacket to cross the English Channel, as well as 15 bags of rice when he arrived"

-The Daily Villan

The moral of this story is.....PLEASE STOP THE INSANITY!!!

I think it's a bit misleading to use the word fancy wingers/players. Like they do one thing and don't contribute in defense. Some other guy here also use to say that since they can do stepovers that's why I want them. These players aren't just "fancy", they are also great footballers with lots of skills we don't have. Simao will give them at least 3 goals from free kicks every season and numerous assists, Malouda is a very good winger as well.

I think the main thrust of TRL's point was that signing the likes of Simao is getting ahead of ourselves slightly. Quite apart from the fact that, as I said above, I don't think he'd look twice at us at the mo'.

It's a bit like putting a Ferrari body on a Rover chassis. Let's get the chassis right first :)

I get that impression too mademan. He seems to have a very high opinion of himself. Although if Arsenal are in fact in for him then who are we to question it. Maybe he IS that good :?

I get that impression too mademan. He seems to have a very high opinion of himself. Although if Arsenal are in fact in for him then who are we to question it. Maybe he IS that good :?

Yep, maybe he's on the same talent bus as Francis Jeffers :roll:

Yep, maybe he's on the same talent bus as Francis Jeffers :roll:

to Leaugue One???!!! :lol:

Quiet before the storm?

Or are we struggling?

Who knows....

Which one is your money on Jez ;):P

I think we all know where Jez's money is. :lol:

Anyone think they're could be a couple of baggies jumping ship to us fairly soon?

McShane, Davies and Koumas even?

What the hell would we want with a couple of players from a championship side who didn't manage to get promoted? Are they winners? Are they CL- quality? Probably no on both questions. Maybe one in the whole WBA-squad would be good enough, but I doubt it. Don't mean that there ain't any good player in the whole championship, but they are not that many and I doubt they play for WBA. I really hope we do better than that this summer. It almost feels like when we had GTmk2 and his talks about finding gems in the championship while held back financially by Ellis.

I think the main thrust of TRL's point was that signing the likes of Simao is getting ahead of ourselves slightly. Quite apart from the fact that, as I said above, I don't think he'd look twice at us at the mo'.

It's a bit like putting a Ferrari body on a Rover chassis. Let's get the chassis right first :)

I think that Villa now has a classy chassis and a vehicle that is ready to be a serious contender Bof, what we need now is the equivalent of Alonso and Hamilton to come in and drive us onwards and upwards.

The only way that MON has moved away from Sneijder is if he has told MON he wants to move to Spain. £10m for a player like Sneijder is cheap...his true value is somewhere between £13-17m...

And...can people stop with this ridicolous fantasy names and then link them to us in this thread. It is only getting irritating and it will only get people in bad mood reading pure shit that doesnt have any truth in it. I understand that some people get annoyed with the link-saga going on with Villa at the moment, but to be so childish to sit and write posts that are 100% fiction with 100% fiction players is unbelievable...please stop!

Afonso Alves was a hit in Sweden. He played for Örgryte IS in the highest league in Sweden and was a huge success. He has scored like crazy in his new club Heerenveen in Holland. He will probably win UEFA Golden Boot this year. I dont know if he would be a success in England and he would probably cost quite a lot...a very good striker...but still a little kind of lottery.