Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

didnt MON go in for a loan move for SWP in jan??? cant remember the details

SWP is starting to get some games and its less likely that he'll move

if we did get SWP, we'd probably have the smallest team in the prem lol and i bet we'll still try and play long ball lol

Nope, MON said that we offered money for SWP aswel as Young. We wanted them both.

Sneijder will sign. Gut feeling.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didnt MON go in for a loan move for SWP in jan??? cant remember the details

SWP is starting to get some games and its less likely that he'll move

if we did get SWP, we'd probably have the smallest team in the prem lol and i bet we'll still try and play long ball lol

Nope, MON said that we offered money for SWP aswel as Young. We wanted them both.

Sneijder will sign. Gut feeling.

However, the loan was something he was interested in and, you never know we might revisit it during the summer."

hope your gut feeling is right

Newcastle United are what Birmingham City would be if they were the only Birmingham club. All substance, no class or style. and 'fans' *snigger* coming out the woodwork at the hint of an open top bus ride.

The attraction of the toons is quite frankly nothing to do with the size of crowd. The so-called best fans in the world are very quick to turn when things go wrong and were getting awful crowds til *alleged-peado* king Kev (Been thru this before, PM me if you want to know) turned up to magane them, then every woodwork bled supporters.

Simply put the players go there cos of the image that has been projected that they are a massive club. It's all about the gloss, the sell, the salesmanship. The reality is much different I feel. 52K a game does not on it's own make a big club. Shit if Villa were the ONLY club in Brum we'd get crowds to rival if not better Man U. They basically spend money they don't have to attract players by paying everyone, from tea ladies to managers over the odds so to show they are bigger than they are. That is why they are bleeding cash, even with the new guys investment. I wonder if he's taking the debt on or not?

I do not see them as big. Is Fat Sam a big name manager in the mould of Keegan, Gullit, Robson or Dalglish? No way. In fact, the signes that they were skint were there for all to see when their last 2 managers were... Sounees and Roeder. Big **** names heh!?! Fat Sam will be on no way near the wages of managers past and even after the takeover his transfer budget I guess is nothing compared to the past. They signed Owen on a panic of needing a big name to appease the fans and sell tickets. Shit they even agreed a 9m get out clause in his contract?!?! THey must be mad to let a player of his qual leave for that. Hence Fat Freddies public moaning that Owen owed them. He knows they need him fit and staying to sell tickets.

THey are not the draw as they claim to be. We are fast becoming a big draw. Just ask Arsene Wenger. He sees us as a growing force.

if owen is available for £9mill we'd be mad not to bite newcastle's hands off to get him, if there is one player in the world that can really profit from working under MON it's Owen, i don't think he's ever lived up to his true potential and really believe MON could bring that extra bit out of him. i know he's injury prone but i'd much rather pay the £9mill and risk Owen than sign Bellamy for £12mill

NRC's agent has said on SSN that it's ridiculous to say he wants stay in London but wouldn't say where he is going. I dunno why, but I got a fut feeling he's ours already.

... though of course won't play for England cos Coco the Clown is in charge.

Point taken........ but what's Clown gonna do if in next few years (

Young, Gabby, Barry, Reo Cocker, Jagielka, (If there ours) Gardner, Moore and Co set the Premiership alight...is he or his England successor REALLY gonna be able to continue ignoring B6??!!

Well we won the league with Mortimer commanding the midfield along with Cowans, Morley, Withe and Shaw and between them they all only got a whiff of England caps.

We are not a liked club. Yes along with Arsenal we have the most capped English players in history, but bear in mind when the majority were.

Very true but then again there weren't so many foreigners in the League then and there were lots of English alternatives who played for the "FA APPROVED LIST OF TEAMS YOU CAN PICK FROM" Also MON is well liked amoungst the media and if we are successful going forward I think the England set up won't be able to ignore us, as much as they have done previously, in the future!

Barry-----Snejder ----- Reo-Coker------Young

With backup of Gardner, Osbourne, Petrov and Taylor

What about Berger and Maloney?

Forgot them it gets better!

I actually included Maloney in my upfront suggestions

Jagielka :D

Gardner Osbourne Barry Taylor

Young Sneijder Reo Coker Berger

Petrov

Maloney

A team of prospective Villa midfielders. :lol:

So our signings are gonna be...

Boruc 6mil or Gordon 8mil

Young 2mil or Jagielka 5mil

Reo Coker 8mil

Taylor 5mil

SWP 10mil

Bellamy 8mil

Things look encouraging

I think some of those prices are a little conservative but that's a whopping £42M, without add ons, salaries and extras!!

BTW On the day Barry said we'd love to have you at VP Bellamy's scored twice for Wales!! (Wonder if he would have scored on Wednesday had Rafa bothered to play him?)

The attraction of the toons is quite frankly nothing to do with the size of crowd. The so-called best fans in the world are very quick to turn when things go wrong and were getting awful crowds til *alleged-peado* king Kev (Been thru this before, PM me if you want to know) turned up to magane them, then every woodwork bled supporters.

Simply put the players go there cos of the image that has been projected that they are a massive club. It's all about the gloss, the sell, the salesmanship. The reality is much different I feel. 52K a game does not on it's own make a big club. Shit if Villa were the ONLY club in Brum we'd get crowds to rival if not better Man U. They basically spend money they don't have to attract players by paying everyone, from tea ladies to managers over the odds so to show they are bigger than they are. That is why they are bleeding cash, even with the new guys investment. I wonder if he's taking the debt on or not?

I do not see them as big. Is Fat Sam a big name manager in the mould of Keegan, Gullit, Robson or Dalglish? No way. In fact, the signes that they were skint were there for all to see when their last 2 managers were... Sounees and Roeder. Big **** names heh!?! Fat Sam will be on no way near the wages of managers past and even after the takeover his transfer budget I guess is nothing compared to the past. They signed Owen on a panic of needing a big name to appease the fans and sell tickets. Shit they even agreed a 9m get out clause in his contract?!?! THey must be mad to let a player of his qual leave for that. Hence Fat Freddies public moaning that Owen owed them. He knows they need him fit and staying to sell tickets.

THey are not the draw as they claim to be. We are fast becoming a big draw. Just ask Arsene Wenger. He sees us as a growing force.

if owen is available for £9mill we'd be mad not to bite newcastle's hands off to get him, if there is one player in the world that can really profit from working under MON it's Owen, i don't think he's ever lived up to his true potential and really believe MON could bring that extra bit out of him. i know he's injury prone but i'd much rather pay the £9mill and risk Owen than sign Bellamy for £12mill

Thing is John, Owen is NOT injury prone. He's just having a phase of Injury. Shearer went through a similar period and if he was available at Owen's age now you'd be mad to not try for him.

Owen is class, I'd take the reisk with a doubt. Though I think His wages AND the rumours of Man U looking will take us out of the running.

As much as I'd love SWP at villa,I can't see it happening.Towards the end of the season,he was getting a run out in the team and was performing well.Talking about bidding for players we didn't get, how abou Milner?

I think it is inevitable that Martin will sign players that we like and players that we do not like

As far as I am concerned as long as he signs players he likes I will be happy.

Mind you if he signs marlon Harewood I will question his judgement a bit!

As much as I'd love SWP at villa,I can't see it happening.Towards the end of the season,he was getting a run out in the team and was performing well.Talking about bidding for players we didn't get, how abou Milner?
I love Milners' attitude and ability, but surely Ashley Young has made right wing his own position with the way he finished the season.

wow - nearly 400 pages :lol:

It will be 500+ this time next week

...but i have a feeling this week we will see atleast 1 new signing.

can see it going over a 1000 before the season starts

15 or so pages today and we haven't even made an official bid for anyone!

Owen is world class. He has had his problems over the last 2 years with injuries but he seems to be over them now

Would be an excellent signing esp. when the tonns have stupidly signed him with a 9mil get out clause

however, one of the top 4 clubs are bound to be keeping taps on him

I'd love us to sign Bellamy. Sure, it might only last a year, but he's a quality player and provides some entertainment and excitement. Besides, if there's one manager who can manage people like Bellamy it might just be O'Neill.