Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'd be crazy to let Moore go in a deal to get Bent, what was Bent doing aged 21 exactly?, he was in the bloody championship, Luke has shown that he can score goals against the best this league has to offer and to just get rid of him would be disgraceful, for me Luke is just as good a finisher as Bent and has more individual skills!!, when he was injured people we're praying for his return but it seems a few people can't wait to see the back of him now, against Boro he had one half chance!!, Scored, against Bolton he had an even harder half chance, Scored!!, i believe with his shoulder full recovered he's gonna come back in pre-season and be on fire, imo he can be better than Defoe, Bent and Bellamy, he proved he can be a class act with what he did to Boro last season.

Spot on.Moore has a good goalscoring record and he has been playing with a dodgy shoulder half the time.Strikers score goals.Moore scores goals.So why would you want to sell him or swap him?Given a proper run of games, he will develop into a great striker.If we want Bent, we can just pay for him.After all, we have money and are looking for a striker apparently.

We'd be crazy to let Moore go in a deal to get Bent, what was Bent doing aged 21 exactly?, he was in the bloody championship, Luke has shown that he can score goals against the best this league has to offer and to just get rid of him would be disgraceful, for me Luke is just as good a finisher as Bent and has more individual skills!!, when he was injured people we're praying for his return but it seems a few people can't wait to see the back of him now, against Boro he had one half chance!!, Scored, against Bolton he had an even harder half chance, Scored!!, i believe with his shoulder full recovered he's gonna come back in pre-season and be on fire, imo he can be better than Defoe, Bent and Bellamy, he proved he can be a class act with what he did to Boro last season.

I never thought this would happen, ever, but I agree.

I would be confident of Moore getting at least 15 goals next season if played regularly so why spend money on Bent if it means letting him go. Having both of them is an altogether different proposition though.

It's a miracle :clap:

If Gabby wants to go then there is not a lot the club can do about it. Look what happened when United came sniffing after Yorkey!!

The player has all the power, it does not matter if you are not a selling club, or how much money you have, because every top player wants to win trophies now, the promise that we will be challenging for CL in 2 - 3 years time will not pacify a young ambitious footballer.

Also if Gabby is currently on 18k a week at United he would double that!!

I agree with some of the sentiment on here. Bent is good, but Luke could be better. Overall, unless we are bringing in an absolute top class signing, I do not want to be keeping young up and comers like Gabby and Luke out of the squad. Same goes for Ashley Young. Unless we bring in a star, he should be playing. We need them playing as much as we can in order to keep them happy and keep their development going.

Im struggling to understand this why does everyone seem to think Moore is the dogs bollocks??????

Because i just cant see it, definately can be improved upon and should be improved upon, imho

Because he's scored 9 goals in his last 25 games (16 starts, 9 sub) and he has the potential to be a major player, if you can't see that then that's not our problem.

Im not saying it was your problem i just wanted someone to explain to me why he is so good, whenever i have seen play he looks lazy, theres a reason why Bent is hot property and Luke Moore is not

If Gabby wants to go then there is not a lot the club can do about it. Look what happened when United came sniffing after Yorkey!!

The player has all the power, it does not matter if you are not a selling club, or how much money you have, because every top player wants to win trophies now, the promise that we will be challenging for CL in 2 - 3 years time will not pacify a young ambitious footballer.

Also if Gabby is currently on 18k a week at United he would double that!!

There is truth in the first part of what you say but I think the persuasive powers of MON and the current board as well as the fact that we are starting to show genuine ambition makes this scenario a fair bit different to the Dwight Yorke saga.

As for the last bit, Man United won't just double a players wages. They aren't Chelsea and won't pay "whatever it takes" for anyone. Look at Ballack for example.

IMO Bent is top class and as such, as much as I like Moore (and I do), I think I would sacrifice him. After all, why do you think Moore will play much next season - he's clearly behind Carew & Gabby in the pecking order, so why not bring in Bent who would clearly go into the mix rather than have a 'maybe' sitting on the bench.

Im struggling to understand this why does everyone seem to think Moore is the dogs bollocks??????

Because i just cant see it, definately can be improved upon and should be improved upon, imho

Because he's scored 9 goals in his last 25 games (16 starts, 9 sub) and he has the potential to be a major player, if you can't see that then that's not our problem.

Im not saying it was your problem i just wanted someone to explain to me why he is so good, whenever i have seen play he looks lazy, theres a reason why Bent is hot property and Luke Moore is not

I think that reason is simply the fact that Bent has largely avoided long term injuries and played every game. Luke has had some injury problems and has got much more competition than Bent.

I don't think he looks lazy at all on the pitch. Sometimes he looks bored but it doesn't stop him working on the pitch.

Its all a matter of opinions at the end of the day most of yours is that he is ace i find that a bit odd but still we are all mature enough to agree to differ

Good stuff. I can understand why some people may prefer Bent but what everyone fails to realise is that I am ALWAYS correct!

:winkold:

It this point I'd rather see Bent in the Villa shirt, than Moore. But it would be devastating not being able to see how young Moore would develop as a Villa player for the yaers to come, there is no doubt he's got the potential.

You moaned about why people rate Luke, i simply suggested that if yoiu can't see the reasons why people rate him then it's not our problem, and also maybe Bent is hot property because he's at a small club who plays him in every game?, how do you know Luke couldn't score a decent amount too if he played every game for Charlton?, i think he could. and furthermore he's two years younger than Bent, so nobody knows how he'll be rated when he's Bent's age.

IMO Bent is top class and as such, as much as I like Moore (and I do), I think I would sacrifice him. After all, why do you think Moore will play much next season - he's clearly behind Carew & Gabby in the pecking order, so why not bring in Bent who would clearly go into the mix rather than have a 'maybe' sitting on the bench.

Imo all the players start with a clean sheet next season, i mean when Luke scored 5 goals in 3 games and was on that brilliant run could you see Gabby taking Lukes place?, i certainly didn't, it's all about who grabs their chance next season, no-one should have a devine right to start, talent wise Gabby isn't any better than Luke imo.

And although Bent is certainly better than most strikers we could sign, is he a great deal better than Luke or Gabby? I have my doubts. Luke's been out most of this season and Gabby out of position.

Ha ha Richard's done ever so well here. He asked a theoretical question, so before anyone has aneurysm it is possible that we might sign someone of Bents ilk and still have room for Luke. I hope.....
Not saying I necessarily agree, but if that's so, how has he done ever so well? :?