Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

So he is like Xavi then.

Petrov was the new Scholes and Maloney the new Joe Cole, is he on level with these players :) ?

I'd say he's like a Lampard, always trying to get in the box and likes to hit it from range. He's got a hell of a shot on him!

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dunno why Bill is claiming a replacement for McCann far from it.

Well we all use the knowledge that's in our heads ...... sometimes we say things that make us look a little silly.

Thanks to the mod (whoever you are) that deleted my new transfer thread. Thought it was a good idea, but obviously you want to carry on with this one. Although there would have been no harm in my new one, which actually starts it afresh. So, well done! You'll probably delete this aswell, due to the fact that it is off topic. I just think that starting a transfer thread over again would have been a good idea, especially with all the rumours that are going to start coming out. Oh, and I'm still behind going for Bent. If we get him I'll be happy. And why not take a cheaky look at Malouda? If Carew came, then maybe we can get him. You never know!

Sneijder is a great little player. He suffered a serious injury a couple of seasons ago (knee I think) that set him back a little, but has been talked about as a great Ajax talent for a number of years now. Comparing him to Xavi is about right, he is a darting, lively little player who favours his left foot but can also hit it with his right (scored against Alkmaar at the weekend with a lovely shot from the edge of the box using his right peg).

He definitely has a bit of 'attitude' too I reckon.. looks a bit like Craig Bellamy actually...

Thanks to the mod (whoever you are) that deleted my new transfer thread. Thought it was a good idea

It wasn't.

Not least because I made a prediction of 700 pages on this thread by September 1st. Also because there is no good reason to.

Thanks to the mod (whoever you are) that deleted my new transfer thread.

Don't mention it !

Thought it was a good idea, but obviously you want to carry on with this one.

Yes

So, well done!

Thanks !

I just think that starting a transfer thread over again would have been a good idea, especially with all the rumours that are going to start coming out.

And how many rumour threads would we end up with? If we start a new thread every 100 or so rumours, we end up with a forum full of them. This thread is adequate, everyone gets to have their say, and the forum is kept clean and unclogged.

I would be astounded if we got Sneijder to be honest. I'm not a pessimist by any stretch, but some players really are a link too far. It does show where we're trying to get to though, the fact that we're strongly linked. I'd say a cheeky bid for van Bommel too :P
Valencia are rumoured to have offered between 8-10 million pounds for Sneijder that was rejected and like a lot of so called big clubs they may not be able to come up with any more cash. We can, so that makes Villa a real player in the european TRANSFER MARKET this summer imo.

Well i would imagine with the amount of money coming into the Premier League this coming season it will most likely end up being a destination for a whole host of European talent. So taking that into account and the fact we are backed by a billionaire and i would most definitely say that we are major players in this transfer market! :D

I just hope it plays out that way also!

I typed TRANSFER MARKET in capitals because if you want to shop in any market for top class goods you can only do so if you have the money.

There will be a lot of Spanish, Italian, French, Dutch and German clubs who can only look on because they have nowhere near enough money to compete with the buying power of the Premier League, and Villa are in a top four position when it comes to funds and ambition.

People seem to forget that the top clubs in Germany cannot match even midtable Premiership clubs as regards to wages, just like the French and Dutch leagues. Plus the Premier league as it's to be called now is a massive pull. The german league generally do not sign big players as the wage structure is pretty small compared to English, Spanish and Italian leagues.

The factor for someone like Sneijder IF we bid would be our potential to qualify for europe quickly IF a bid was accepted. Bayern could offer a quick return to europe I feel but less wages, Valencia could do both but would they offer the right asking price. It could happen IF we persuded it strongly.

I read on BBC news about Craig Gordon and i can't see Man Utd buying another keeper without releasing one of the keepers they already have.

I'd like him at villa along with Sneijder... i always rated him on FM ;) Any sources about the Sneijder link?

and Villa are in a top four position when it comes to funds and ambition.

We are?

easily, we will be in the top 4 of spenders and are you saying Randy is not totally ambitious for us ...

I just hope people will realise we will be in for £1.5m bargains like Natsmith as well as the top signings

the player links page on the OS is really funny ....

the list is already up to more than 20 names !!!

Some would say it is an Ellisian ploy to sell more ST's.

:winkold:

the player links page on the OS is really funny ....

the list is already up to more than 20 names !!!

From that list I have a team of:

*************Boruc*************

Baines Woodgate C. Davies L. Young

Kightly Kallstrom Sneijder Wright-Philips

**********Bellamy Kone**********

Not to bad eh? Especially with any players you like from the current squad to be added to that!

So he is like Xavi then.

Petrov was the new Scholes and Maloney the new Joe Cole, is he on level with these players :) ?

Id love him so much.

He's a very sharp player with a thumping shot. Likes to start moves from deep, then depending on circumstances, lerk near ther edge pouncing on anything loose; OR break in late - he tends to break a lot later compared to other players, as due his height, understandibly doesnt often come crashing in 'Shearer Style' and power headers in. (dare I say in a similar manner to a young scholes)

Has a unique ability which means hes not only naturally 2 footed, but he also takes both left and right corners with differing feet. - in or outswinging you choose Martin :D

One concern I would have about signing him is not that he wouldn;t be able to handle himself in the ENglish Prem as he puts himself about a fair bit, but whether he would WANT to handle himself, or just swan around a bit as, in his eyes, hes not at a massive club. Some could argue we're similar to Ajax - but they're HIS club.

and Villa are in a top four position when it comes to funds and ambition.

We are?

easily, we will be in the top 4 of spenders and are you saying Randy is not totally ambitious for us ...

I just hope people will realise we will be in for £1.5m bargains like Natsmith as well as the top signings

Please remember that every club gets an extra £10m from the new TV deal.

We belong in a group with Man United, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool, West Ham and possibly Man City who are all capable of spending quite a lot of money. Which means we may be in the top 4 of spenders or we may not.

The important thing is that Randy has to continue the good work that has been done so far by spending a lot of money. If we don't deliver what is expected of us, then I think companies like Nike and other potential future sponsors tempted by the Villa revolution will walk away. And it will be twice as hard to attract them here the next time.