Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

For me, not Distin.

I want someone I feel completely confident about, Distin makes Bramble esc mistakes.

Now, Ive only seen Metzelder at World Cups and things Ill admit, but if hes avaliable on a free surely a better player to get? Someone who knows his game a bit better, would he hack it in the prem??

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, Ive only seen Metzelder at World Cups and things Ill admit, but if hes avaliable on a free surely a better player to get? Someone who knows his game a bit better, would he hack it in the prem??

He's off to Madrid i'm afraid, would have been a great signing though.

What do people think about Dede from Dortmund? I've not been able to see much of him but when i have he's seemed to be good.

GK: Boruc

DL: Antunes

DC: Distin

DR: Jagielka

MC: Parker

MR: Bentley

ST: Bent

ST: Defoe

i like the look of this list, except for the strikers, bent would be good, but why defoe? i really dont rate this guy, we dot need him, also RB, i dont mind either jagielka or young, also, we wont get parker

i like the look of this list, except for the strikers, bent would be good, but why defoe? i really dont rate this guy, we dot need him, also RB, i dont mind either jagielka or young, also, we wont get parker

I like that list too. Had forgot about Bentley. I like everything I've seen from him so far. Yes, would be very happy with this. And pretty possible too, IMO. But then of course, Bent's bound for Spuds...

what about these midfield players who appear to be available this summer:

Ljunberg - strong rumour he will be shipped out, undoubted talent

Flamini - already confirmed hes on his way, prem hasn't seen much of him,could be a squad filler

Fernandes - bags of skill and great vision from what ive seen of him, could be pricey though

Gonzalez - not given a chance at liverpool, saisd he is probly on his way, should be a target for us this summer in my opinion

Dyer - gone stale at newcastle,fans want him sold to raise cash, some piss poor performances recently, an england international who performs when motiated

N'Zogbia - footballer who thinks hes a gangster,MON would tame him im sure,recently linked to arsenal,simialar to dyer in style of play and consistency,wouldnt be too expensive

anybody reckon any of these are worth a shot as a regular or a squad filler?

id have gonzalez without a seconds thought - would be gettable for around 3 million as liverpool got him on a free

jones 1238 put this on another thread...

Antunes eyes dream Aston Villa switch

Pacos de Ferreira left-back also talks of Portugal ambition

Pacos de Ferreira defender Vitorino Antunes has admitted that he would be interested in a move to the English Premiership as speculation of an imminent bid from Aston Villa begins to mount.

The left-back is almost certain to leave the Estadio da Mata Real this summer after an outstanding season. As previously reported on PortuGOAL, clubs from across Europe have been scouting the left-back in recent months, with Villa impressed with Antunes’ form and now seemingly ready to make a move.

According to the Daily Mirror, the Portugal under-21 international is now firmly on Martin O’Neill’s summer shopping list, with the Midlands outfit believed to be preparing a offer of over 1 million euros for the former Freamunde player.

Antunes, who turned 20 in April, is reported in the paper as saying: “It would be a great chance to play in England for a big club.â€

If the move does go through, the youngster would join an increasingly large contingent of Portuguese players in the Premiership, with current internationals Cristiano Ronaldo, Ricardo Carvalho and Manuel Fernandes among those already plying their trade in England.

Meanwhile, Antunes is already looking forward to this summer’s UEFA European Under-21 Championship in the Netherlands, which begins next month, and insists that the effects of a tiring season at club level will not have a bearing on the tournament.

“Nobody will talk about fatigue after a long season,†he told uefa.com. “The extra motivation of being in such an important event is enough for any player to go beyond their limits. I believe that all games will be very tight and balanced. Portugal have a strong team too and we have to be very focused, giving everything we can.â€

The promising defender also harbours ambitions of forcing his way into the senior squad before long: “I know that it is very difficult because Portugal have great players in all positions but that’s a major objective in my career, a dream that I want to turn to reality.â€

here

If this guy is a left back surely this position is well stocked with Freddie and Barry.

Right back please!

Defoe... Yawn... he aint coming to Villa thank god!!!

Ditto. Although i would LIKE him at Villa, if he is ever mentioned again i swear i'm going to tear down the very hotel he is staying in

Defoe... Yawn... he aint coming to Villa thank god!!!

Ditto. Although i would LIKE him at Villa, if he is ever mentioned again i swear i'm going to tear down the very hotel he is staying in

So then I think the final piece needed for our strikeforce is Defoe if MON fails to land him i wont be best pleased all hail Jermaine Defoe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

also, although bently is a good player, we dont really need him, weve got young!

but, speaking of young talented players, what about chris eagles?

The following players are available on Bosman free transfers...

Saviola

Pizarro

Basturk

Duscher

Jensen

Mahdavikia

Babic

Distin

Ben Haim

Metzelder

Hildebrand

surely worth a punt... saviola again anyone?

IMO nobody on that list is good enough (maybe Pizarro) to take us up a level. Saviola is very inconsistent in his performances.

Metzelder is a level above what we have now as he's like a fit laursen

Why on earth wouldn't we get parker???

Did they finish above us? No

Are they a bigger club? No

Is Big Sam as good a manager as MON? No

are they in europe? No

Has he wasted 2 years playing in a shit team that has got nowhere to go? Yes

Newc. wouldnt want to let him go but I would never, NEVER say he belonged on a list of players that we wouldnt be able to get.

Metzelder is a player that I've heard about many times but still can't remember in which position he plays. Can anyone tell me? But still my mempry tells me he's pretty good. Might be worth a shot on a free. Still, if we get competition from Madrid to sign him I guess we're f**ked.

also, although bently is a good player, we dont really need him, weve got young!

but, speaking of young talented players, what about chris eagles?

Just another player that is 'good' cos he plays for man utd. Like Luke Chadwick. And Bardsley. How would eagles enhance our squad?

And hes older than Gabby, luke and Gardner. Is he a better prospect than any of them?

Cant see parker leaving tbh.

He is the in same position what barry was in at the start of the season. Barry was on the verge of leaving but stayed because of MON. I think parker will stay with Big Sam being the new manager.. its a new beginning for the toons and i think he'd want to stay and see how things go.

Would like to see him at VP but cant see it happening this season