Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is he a Geordie?

I thought he was a Londoner.

Jez is right though. He's right bobbins.

I think he was born in London but has lived up here for a lot of his life

Will Mr. O'Neill please play Gareth Barry in central midfield role from now on. We have Maloney and Young on the wings, with who knows who else on the way in, including defenders. Barry has the best vision of all the Villa players, and reads the game very well. He is good going forward and defending, and his lack of pace is not such a liability when he plays in the middle. Give him a year in the middle, and he'll start in front of Lampard next summer for England, mark my word.

I tend to agree with you, but I seem to remember DOL trying it out and it did not work to well.

what do people think about a cheeky bid for Mark Gonzalez of liverpool?

out and out left winger which we havent got

i dont think he can be considered a flop because he has hardly played this season

he has a lot to learn im sure but no reason why we couldnt get the best out of him

apparently he has hinted that benitez will tell him to jog on

Now that is a hell of a shout.I really like the look of gonzalez give him a good run of games i think you would see the best of him.

Steven Taylor is probably the most over-rated defender in the league, and that's saying something in a league that contains Rio Ferdinand and Paulo Ferreira.

Fans fc are linking us with a cut price swoop for vassell i know they mostly spout bollocks but what would you lads reckon should vassell be brought back?I wouldn`t mind the lads an athlete and was a big favourite of mine just keep him off penalties.But having said that he thought he was being clever when we were down and out moving to city and saying how he wanted to play for a big club and now it has backfired on the foolish young squire.

I liked vassell tremedously, but pace is not something that we lack now, and finishing is. Love the boy to bits, but he couldn't hit the proverbial cows arse.

Antunes welcomes Aston Villa interest

tribalfooball.com - May 18, 2007

Pacos Ferreira defender Vitorino Antunes has welcomed the interest of Aston Villa.

"It would be a great chance to play in England for a big club," said the 20 year-old, who is also being followed by Auxerre.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=39947

It's good to see the young man talk about us like that, i hope he comes in and puts pressure on Fred, and with him apparently being a free kick expert we could be getting a star for the future!!.

Fans fc are linking us with a cut price swoop for vassell i know they mostly spout bollocks but what would you lads reckon should vassell be brought back?I wouldn`t mind the lads an athlete and was a big favourite of mine just keep him off penalties.But having said that he thought he was being clever when we were down and out moving to city and saying how he wanted to play for a big club and now it has backfired on the foolish young squire.

I thought it was DOL that wanted to get rid of him?I recall him being upset that the club didn't want him anymore.Plus,he's a villa fan.

Noooo. Antunes, or whoever he is. I take it he's a full back? We always seem to go for full backs from portugal. Wasn't fernando nelson from that neck of the woods?

Noooo. Antunes, or whoever he is. I take it he's a full back? We always seem to go for full backs from portugal. Wasn't fernando nelson from that neck of the woods?

Yup.

So....this would make it twice in our 120 year history? Not exactly 'always'.

Yup.

So....this would make it twice in our 120 year history? Not exactly 'always'.

:lol: Yeah that was kind of pushing it a bit. Is he any good though?

I thought it was DOL that wanted to get rid of him?I recall him being upset that the club didn't want him anymore.Plus,he's a villa fan.

I seem to remember him wanting a new challenge or something like that and o`leary just sold him i would not mind him back but gabby is ten times better in front of goal.