Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FitzGerald tells us to expect star signings but still people concentrate on player who could perhaps enhance our team, if only marginally.

Luke Young - average season for an average player in a relegated side, enormous hype because of his nationality

Phil Jagielka - sure he could be a decent squad player but shouldn't we be concentrating on getting better players?

Kevin Doyle - one season wonder we shouldn't be taking our chances on, at least in my opinion

Joey Barton - can we afford to take him on board? He is like a 8 year old bully

Craig Bellamy - same as the above, do we want a player such as him in our side and does he deserve to be here?

Paul McShane - saw him today, nothing special at all in this game. SURELY there are better players out there (we need a RB desperately)

Robbie Fowler - I didn't take that one very seriously, like bringing in Solskjær 5 years too late

Jerzy Dudek - out of contract sure, never good enough for our team

My little shopping list:

GK - sure we don't really need one yet, but when such a good keeper is available you shouldn't hesitate. BORUC

RB - why not make a sneaky attempt to sign Paulo Ferreira? Would easily become our best RB ever... clever, knows how to contribute in attack

DMC - Many players available, like Claude Makelele and Yaya Toure. We need an enforcer with good skills on the ball, unlike McCann

MID - you never know what is available in the market and what we are able to attract. Cahill, van der Vaart, Sneijder and all sorts of players

ST - throw all funds on Darren Bent. English and a great, great player. Don't think we can top any signings over him this season

Sidwell has left Reading! Who for? I don't know. Sky sport news are reporting it

I believe he will playing for chelsea reserves and covering for essien when the African cup of nations is on and when Chelsea will lose several vial players for a month

Jagielka anyone? Would be cheap as Sheff can't realy turn down a good offer for the lad. Versatile, english, committed - id have him.

As for barton and bellamy - MON is the man to get the best out of them - on and off the pitch. Doesnt Bellamy credit MON with kickstarting his career? + he scared the hell out of the Barca back four in the CL - im undecided but I think we could see MON get the best out of the lad.

Barton - well his off the field antics are awful, but the lad can definately play. Committed and available for £5.5million. MON wouldn't take any rubbish from the lad either.....

Everyone likes the thrill of the unknown and so lesser-studied foreigners get more credit than they're probably due. I don't think it would be sensible to bring in more than 2 players from abroad to be honest because they will need time to settle which will disturb the balance of the squad.

Jagielka anyone? Would be cheap as Sheff can't realy turn down a good offer for the lad. Versatile, english, committed - id have him.

Ironic that his handball gave away the goal that sent them down, and relegation makes it likely they will have to sell him...

Everyone likes the thrill of the unknown and so lesser-studied foreigners get more credit than they're probably due. I don't think it would be sensible to bring in more than 2 players from abroad to be honest because they will need time to settle which will disturb the balance of the squad.

I know what you mean, however players from abroad offer much greater value for money, especially with the TV money coming in.

Sidwell has left Reading! Who for? I don't know. Sky sport news are reporting it

I believe he will playing for chelsea reserves and covering for essien when the African cup of nations is on and when Chelsea will lose several vial players for a month

He won't be getting in the starting line up with Mikel, Essien, Ballack and Lampard about no doubt, the African cup is gonna hit a few big sides hard and that can only help us, even Bolton is gonna feel the stress!! :crylaugh:

Its going to be a busy summer at Villa Park whoever we buy. I hope top quality players can see where the club want to be. There is a buzz about this club from the new board to the new training ground. Im sure we will offer the money, the facilities and maybe (fingers crossed) European football(we deserve it from missing out 3 years ago).

Anyway here's hoping.

Many players available, like Claude Makelele

Where have all these Makalele rumours come from? Any substance?

If they're true, what a signing that would be. Class player, is/was the best in the world at his job IMO. I suppose he is 34 and he'll likely want regular football, he'd be the first name on the teamsheet here.