Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

I think we are all forgetting something, we have MON as manager! You think he will take crap of DEFOE or any player. All take a look at Berger. Whoever we sign, and there will be another striker coming, People saying we don't need one are delusioned, to bring the best out of Gabby, he needs competition. Whether Defoe, Bent or Owen etc, if we all think Gabby is top drawer then he shouldn't fear anything. The guy is only 19-20.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Number one, I didn't say Moore, number 2, I would not be disappointed with either signing. We certainly need more depth up forward, and Defoe and Bent are quality players.

My point was that if Gabby keeps improving like he has this season, he will pretty quickly become a more dangerous forward than either of them. I'm a big Gabby fan.

With regard to Sidwell going to Chelsea, I think it is African Nations Cup in the middle of next season so Essien in particular (and all the other African players) will be missing from the Premiership for up to a month!

That is why Mourinho has signed Sidwell, just to fill that gap. Now at the end of next season???

Bent will join Spurs on Monday, and Defoe will join us next week. That's a fact.

You heard it here first. Well, almost first.

Oi dont steal my thunder!

I was first back on page 208 here:

http://tinyurl.com/2kmcjh

actually, you heard it here first but Jol wouldn't let him go. If Spuds do sign Bent and Defoe comes to us I wanna ask him WTF happened in January :D

And there is absolutley nothing wrong with a deal being agreed next week. Ok, the window doesn't officially open yet, but everything can be put in place apart from the registration forms to the league. Is that a pesky fact?

And there is absolutley nothing wrong with a deal being agreed next week. Ok, the window doesn't officially open yet, but everything can be put in place apart from the registration forms to the league. Is that a pesky fact?

edited as saw the history behind the post.

That is why Mourinho has signed Sidwell, just to fill that gap. Now at the end of next season???

Let him rot in their reserves on 60 grand a week as players like SWP & Bridge have been happy to do in the past fredm.

If Bent was signing for Spurs, surely ONE newspaper would be reporting it today?!

To announce he's leaving a day after the season aswel.

I still think a move to Man Utd is more likely.

We've got to sign Barton, as he would provide us with exactly what we need in our midfield.

Completely disagree, the 'old' Villa would have took a chance but I don't see why we need to do that now. The risks out weigh the benefits IMO

Bent will join Spurs on Monday, and Defoe will join us next week. That's a fact.

You heard it here first. Well, almost first.

Really, thats amazing as the transfer window is not even open then!

Don't sour my post by introducing pesky facts.

He will join us, you'll see.

Pesky facts which stop your post from being true? Oh...

Sidwell is having a medical at Chelsea today - so your point is?

anyway appears Sidwell is being linked with Man Ure, Chelsea

is he mad ???

or money driven ?

Ambitious ?

Is it ambitious to go to a team and probably end up on the bench or on a seat in Stamford Bridge?

He will probably break into the first eleven...and it is as true as Reading will win Premier next season. He will halt his career and soon be forgotten...

Chelsea are making their team stronger...yes...but will the players like to sit most of the next season on the bench? Is that to be ambitious? Chelsea are ambitious...the players are moneyhunting ho's.

How do you know that he might not be a new first choice. Why should he be going there to sit on the bench.

He's moving from Reading FFS, to a club that is challenging in Europe and domestically. Ambitious yes, but who knows if it will pay off :roll:

**** hell, the shite has started already.... if Defoe joins us, I won't only be disappointed and amazed MON has such poor taste...... but if Bent joins spuds... I'll do something, I don't know what yet.. but something like eating one of my own poos....

If we take anything from spuds, it must be Keane!!

Someone posted on here a while back about eating their own poo Nick, be careful :lol:

Would welcome Defoe, Nugent not so sure, Boruc would give Tommy more competition....So long Sidwell, Im sure we will all be talking about him again in about a season and a half for about £6mil

We've got to sign Barton, as he would provide us with exactly what we need in our midfield.

I agree - the one player that would make us really hard to beat. I think that MON could put him on the straight and narrow.