Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Followed by ridiculous amounts of cash, players that are not bothered about working hard, just getting paid stupid amounts of money.

You don't really know that do you, that's just stereotyping. That a player who leaves for such a club only cares about the money and so on. Sure it's the way for some people, but why would a person not care when it is his job. He is gonna play for 5-10 more years, why would he try to not do his best?

Sky sports news are reporting that Woodgate is signing permanently for Boro today.there is a press conference at 1pm.

Thats put that very weak link to us to bed then

You mean that 'information' that people had was wrong?

I for one am shocked and surprised :roll:

I think he looks like the star in a team in someone like Wigan and Fulham. We need to have players who will be stars for teams at the top IMO

As a squad player? We're not going to have a team full of 'stars' for many many years IMO.

Look at Chelsea (pre-Abramovich) and Spurs, when they suddenly became exciting and "big" in many people's eyes. Buying players like Vialli and Davids is clever. Stars who are on the brink of their careers. Sure, they won't last for 8 years but they will last for 2-3. What about Fab Ravanelli to Boro? What about Juninho to Boro? Arguably a crappier club than us at the time. What about Djorkaeff who was still a big player although up in the years, and what about Owen/Duff to Newcastle? What about Woodgate to Boro last season when they were really crap? And how about Tevez/Mascherano to WH?

To put it out simple, we are more than able to sign big players as long as we show the proper ambition and put the right monies on the table.

A lot of those teams did **** awful! I would rather have a Steve Sidwell now than a washed up has been on big money here for one last pay day such as Mr Ginola and his £42000pw, brink of his career. And he was shit!

I am hoping that we will try to sign one or two players in the summer who are genuinely much better than anything we have. I think that would make us a much better team. Now whether they are old or young I am not bothered, if MON can get the best out of them. I just don’t see players like Koumas, Bullard or even Sidwell being this kind of jump. If it costs a pretty penny then so be it; a big signing will excite the fans and excite the team. We need to make the big step, everything is else is in place.

I think also great players will be what are young stars need. I believe that why our young stars often don’t make it is that they are often surrounded by mediocre. What the hell could Gardener learn from Djemba Djemba or Hendrie?

Sky sports news are reporting that Woodgate is signing permanently for Boro today.there is a press conference at 1pm.

Thats put that very weak link to us to bed then

You mean that 'information' that people had was wrong?

I for one am shocked and surprised :roll:

So you know Villa were not interested and did not enquire then?... why do you think this has happened now and not at the end of the season?

Jez: Newcastle are alone in the class really, they are a hopeless club with a hopeless owner, management and scouting system :)

Too bad Woody will sign for Boro, what the hell will he achieve there?

well while mclaren is manage of england, he knows he will be guarenteed an england squad place, he is also carrying out his life long dream of playing for his boyhood club.

some people moan about players being money grabbing and so on, this time it appears that like alan shearer before hand, a player is following his dreams rather than chasing the money.

no doubt he will also get paid shit loads of money but that is the luck of the draw.

I love this thread - all players who we start talks with will automatically come to us. Anyone who hears anything that then changes is obviously a liar. Blimey it makes you wonder why we haven't signed every player, Randy is so wealthy that it means that every player would join us

Ah the fun of being a Villa fan - what a shame the real world isn't the same as the screwed up world some live in

Woodgate signs a 4 year contract with Boro in a deal worth £7M

If he stays fit then it's a great buy from Boro.

Too bad we weren't on his trail this time, I hope MON has something

pulled up his sleeve.

We were but as a boyhood Boro fan, they were his first choice! Go figure!

Just because we don't sign someone doesn't mean we weren't trying to.