Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

News Now has a report linking us with the man i've been raving about on these forums for a while, Sully Muntari, i don't know how true the link is but it's an article from a Ghana website so there might be something in it, i certainly hope there is because he's a top four midfielder in my opinion,

And again we are linked in the independent with the West Brom trio Kamara, Davies and Koumas, i think it's a genuwine link to be honest, Mon has been watching them for ages it seems.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Randy Lerner should work to bring in David Dein to the board, he seems like a person with a great knowledge of how to run a big club in the correct way.

We have a great staff it seems, but I don't think many of them are very known to the footballing game and he gives lots of it.

Maybe Randy Lerner should work to bring in David Dein to the board, he seems like a person with a great knowledge of how to run a big club in the correct way.

We have a great staff it seems, but I don't think many of them are very known to the footballing game and he gives lots of it.

I think David Dein may well wait in the wings until the takeover of Arsenal does indeed go ahead, probably some time in the next year, and I would imagine he will be spearheading that takeover as their new CEO.

I really hope we don't sign Bellamy. Sure, he is pacey and can finish. He is even a constant threat, and I do rate him as a footballer. Yet, he is a trouble causer. Maybe O'Neill could keep him calm, but even so, is it really worth the risk? Then there is the fact that he is the same sort of player as both Moore and Gabby (being that he is quick). I think we need someone a bit different. Plus, he's not really a proven goalcorer in my opinion. He may have a good record, but I just don't think he is proven as such. Who we should go for I do not know. If it was my choice though, then I'd go for another big player (in the mould of Carew). Just so we have options. In a dream world I would get Ibrahimovic. Yet, in reality, I think someone like Ashton would be good (not as big as Carew, but still a target type player). Perhaps even Nugent. True, they may not be deemed as proven goalscorers either, but they would add to what we have got. It would give us four quick forwards (Gabby, Moore, Maloney, Young - if you include him as a forward), and two big men (Carew and ..............). I just feel this is the way forward. How does anybody else feel?

And again we are linked in the independent with the West Brom trio Kamara, Davies and Koumas, i think it's a genuwine link to be honest, Mon has been watching them for ages it seems.

What kind of player is Kamara?

I haven´t seen that much of him, but what I think I recall about Kamara is that he is similar player to Gabby and Luke, am I completly wrong on this one? Because if he is, I dont see why we would be after him at all.

I haven´t seen that much of him, but what I think I recall about Kamara is that he is similar player to Gabby and Luke, am I completly wrong on this one? Because if he is, I dont see why we would be after him at all.

Thing is, 3 players from the chamiponship, and even worse, 3 from the same club, doesn't speak ambition to me.

i dont want to see us buy 3 West Brom players!! but i would happily take Kamara. He is class

in answer to your question he is only similar to luke and gabby in terms of pace. he has MUCH more skill with the ball and would be a real asset for us i reckon

I honestly think the people who rate Zoltan Gera have seen him max 5 games and he must have scored hat-tricks in every game.

If I was a Leicester or maybe a Fulham supporter I would have welcomed Gera, why not, no-one there is better.

But; in my eyes he is not very fast, he is not the best worker, he is VERY inconsistent and he is always injured. He has a good touch,

a clever pass and a bit of "Barry" over him, but in no way is he better. He is the guy who plays well for two matches, dips in form, gets

injured and never really excels.

We really should have higher ambitions than this. Curtis Davies fair enough, he is better than what we already got in Ridgewell and he

is a strong header with a huge talent (also according to Arsene Wenger which is never a bad thing....) Gera, how old is he? 28-29?

News Now has a report linking us with the man i've been raving about on these forums for a while, Sully Muntari, i don't know how true the link is but it's an article from a Ghana website so there might be something in it, i certainly hope there is because he's a top four midfielder in my opinion,

Would like this to be true.

No surprise to me that the Baggies season has been up and mostly down since Davies got injured. Koumas and Kamara would act as strong squad players. I think Koumas is still vying for a move to Everton though. (He still lives in the Merseyside area). Kamara, for me, is a good player, full of pace, and could do us a good job down the left wing or upfront.

Muntari is class act, nothing needs to be said about him. He would be a 100% improvement on McCann.

-------------------------------------------------------Boruc/Sorenson-------------------------------------------

G.Johnson/Volz-----------------Mellberg/Ridgewell------------Laursen/Distin/Cahill---------------Bridge/Bouma

Milner/Young/Gardener-----Barton/Petrov/McCann------Barry/Sidwell/Osbourne/Davies------Maloney/Pederson

--------------------------------------Carew/Bent----------------Gabby/Moore----------------------

Thats the type of squad I'd like next season! I know I'm dreaming but with some cash splashed I think all are achievable! Its also what we need to crash the top 6

Boruc - 5m

G.Johnson - 5m

Volz - 3m

Distin - Free

Bridge - 6m

Milner - 5m

Barton - 9m

Sidwell - Free

Pederson - 8m

Bent -10m

51million well worth it!

Oh he has been mentioned several times over the last 100 pages!

But probably(possibly?) not in the last 50 or more.

I know you don't really rate him,but someone mentions WBA and you had a right old rant about him.Not having a dig mate,just seemed a bit random thats all. :)

Oh and OF.Not coming out to play today,cos you took your ball home yesterday half way through a game. :P