Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

It seems as though Sidwell definitely and Distin possibly are both looking to move on from their respective clubs this year, it just remains to be seen whether we can finally compete to attract the players everybody else wants???

We managed it with Ashley young and to some extent, Petrov :winkold:

Tis true and that instils some confidence. However, we have lost out on many occasion before to teams like Everton (Lescott, Beattie), Newcastle (Milner, Parker???), Spurs (Robinson and O'leary's other favourites) etc. the teams we should be competing comfortably with.

We will see

All DOL's men,

IMO this will not happen with MON and Lerner, we've got the pulling power again :winkold:

Again, I agree. We are probably in a better position behind the scenes now though I will still wait and see :D

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saviola? I heard both the Milans' were looking at him! Not sure how true that is, nor am I too sure if he would genuniely come???

Saviola is an interesting one because there was that link before (even though i think MON has denied any interest) and he will be available on a free come the summer.

The thing about Saviola though is that he is another small nippy forward, who yes can play wide also but we have those in abundance currently whereas we are lacking a backup target man to Carew. I think for this reason we wont have too much interest in the likes of Tevez, Saviola and Bellamy because we have plenty similar players to these already.

Having said that id love it if we signed Saviola or Tevez!

Papers are saying that Sidwell is nailed on for the Barcodes next season

I dunno if he'd want to go there and I think it would be a strange decision if he did. With the likes of Emre and Parker he might find it hard to get into the team plus the fact that other clubs with a brighter future want him.

i still remember how giddy i got when i read that we were trying to sign Saviola

quite embarrasing when i think about it

Don't feel to ashamed,

I signed up to a James Beattie fan site when we were in the hunt for him :oops:

i still remember how giddy i got when i read that we were trying to sign Saviola

quite embarrasing when i think about it

Don't feel to ashamed,

I signed up to a James Beattie fan site when we were in the hunt for him :oops:

brilliant :D

dya ever go on now and say how cack he is?

havent we been linked with Marlon King ? i believe he was quite flattered by the interest aswell ?

page 93

distin and bent would suit our squad perfectly

samuel is leaving, so distin would be a solid centre back and can fill in at left back comfortably when boumas out

and bent would play alongside carew, but could fiill in for him when carews injured and play aslongside gabby

Forget Distin, I have it on good authority that Mr Woodgate isn't too keen on a permanent stay at Middlesbrough...

Can Randy speak Spanish? :D

He's a Boro lad though isn't he?

The only thing he might not stay for is if one of the Big 4 made noises I reckon.

Forget Distin, I have it on good authority that Mr Woodgate isn't too keen on a permanent stay at Middlesbrough...

Can Randy speak Spanish? :D

He's a Boro lad though isn't he?

The only thing he might not stay for is if one of the Big 4 made noises I reckon.

Or maybe he might want to go somewhere where he might win things. Even a club going places under a non-rookie manager. TBH I think there are plenty of scenario's where he wouldn't want to stay at Boro.

'>Angel update haven't seen it posted elsewhere excuse me if I'm wrong but it could be confirmed sometime today. Great move for him, should bang in a ton of goals in the MLS and increase the fanbase of the New York team with a flurry of Colombians in the city. No money for us but we wont have to pay the remainder of his contract so nothing lost.