Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Demitri top level proven players simply are not going to join a club not even in the UEFA cup. We may get the odd one with some previous baggage (ie Carrew) but not enough to rebuild an entire team straight away. Surely its best to buy these potential top players to compliment the slow influx of proven quality over the next few years.

i understand what your sayong nigel, but i feel we have enough potential players in the, in addition to moore, young, gabby you have cahill, davis, ridge ozzy etc. we need players who ahve PROVEN themselves. we dont need to get world class players just yet but players who have proven quality

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the u21 managers have been nobs :D , and Walcott seem to be the speedy one they chose to play up front with Nugent being the more physical striker, but i think it's obvious that Gabby in the long run is the better player.

Because the u21 managers have been nobs :D , and Walcott seem to be the speedy one they chose to play up front with Nugent being the more physical striker, but i think it's obvious that Gabby in the long run is the better player.

Not to me it isn't. Besides which they're completely different players.

One is a footballer the other a sprinter.......

..... ooooooohhhhh, you will be told off critising our wonderful youth players.

WTF :?

Walcott can run with the ball.

Gabby can run.

There is a difference ;):D

And did i say Gabby was better than Walcott?, read my post next time :roll:

And also i think it's a bit silly to claim Gabby is just a "runner", the kid can finish as well as most strikers in the league imo.

Obvious to who exactly? In the long run Gabby may be able to run at a player with the ball and come out on the other side with it, he ain't doing that much at the minute.

Obvious with the FACT that Gabby has scored 6 goals in his first full season mainly playing out wide including scoring at three of the top fours grounds, Nugent is older than Gabby and has never played in the premiership, again it's not rocket science. :roll:

3 of the top four grounds? That means nothing, you could also change it to say he has scored 3 elsewhere in a whole season. Keep giving posters the sarcastic faces it really helps to prove your arguments have more holes than an old sock.

3 of the top four grounds? That means nothing, you could also change it to say he has scored 3 elsewhere in a whole season. Keep giving posters the sarcastic faces it really helps to prove your arguments have more holes than an old sock.

Erm yes it does mean something, he's proved he can score against the BEST TEAMS in the country, AND NUGENT HASN'T!!, anyone who understands the game would agree, and again you miss the FACT that he's been playing out wide so he's hardly gonna get loads of chances is he?, you told me on another thread to "chill out flower", well i suggest you take your own advise!!.

IMO, we shouldn't be looking at Nugent. We don't need anymore young, relatively inexperienced players in the squad, we need proven veterans who can bang 'em in game in and game out in the Premiership. Darren Bent comes to mind. If we look outside the Prem, we should look at the top clubs in the top leagues.

What is it with people confusing their opinion with fact on this forum? Really gets on my tits.

Well excuse me if Gabby scoring goals at Chelsea, Liverpool and Manure in the league, and David Nugent never playing in the premiership isn't a fact, it must just be my opinion!!, :roll:

IMO, we shouldn't be looking at Nugent. We don't need anymore young, relatively inexperienced players in the squad, we need proven veterans who can bang 'em in game in and game out in the Premiership. Darren Bent comes to mind. If we look outside the Prem, we should look at the top clubs in the top leagues.

If Darren Bent is a veteran then John Carew is a fossil!

Has Nugent had the opportunity to score against the best teams in the country though?

Nope, because no team has felt the need to push the boat out to get him like they did with Darren Bent and Dean Ashton, i wonder why?.

Do you know for how many years Ashton and Bent were playing regular for Crewe and Ipswich respectively? Longer than Nugent has been at PNE.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Especially for you mate seeing that all your posts have at least one :roll: !

Has Nugent had the opportunity to score against the best teams in the country though?

Nope, because no team has felt the need to push the boat out to get him like they did with Darren Bent and Dean Ashton, i wonder why?.

Do you know for how many years Ashton and Bent were playing regular for Crewe and Ipswich respectively? Longer than Nugent has been at PNE.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Especially for you mate seeing that all your posts have at least one :roll: !

Erm both Ashton and Bent were 16 when they made their debuts for their teams, Nugent was playing for Bury (who were two leagues lower) when he was 16 and moved to Preston in January 2005, so he's pretty much had 3 seasons with them and around 5 seasons of league football overall but yet still nobody from the premiership has taken a chance, Darren had four years at Ipswich before he left and Ashton had just about had 4 and a half years, but nice try though!!, man you're desperate to prove me wrong. :crylaugh:

Obvious to who exactly? In the long run Gabby may be able to run at a player with the ball and come out on the other side with it, he ain't doing that much at the minute.

Obvious with the FACT that Gabby has scored 6 goals in his first full season mainly playing out wide including scoring at three of the top fours grounds, Nugent is older than Gabby and has never played in the premiership, again it's not rocket science. :roll:

We are arguing over something we can have no idea of and this is my whole point, picking who is gonna be the better player is pure conjecture at this stage. So surely its best to have the both of them and double our chances of finding the genuine article!

I agree we have to bring in any class players on the market but these are going to be few and far between (and its by no means a certainty they will join us anyway!) so why not bring in exciting talent to compliment these, if only to enhance our standing in the near future?

I would rather have Reo-Coker than McCann, so it is a step up.

From the little I know of him I know he is good going forward.

Depends whether we would be getting last season's version, an excellent footballer, or this season's, bertie big bollocks who thinks he should be playing for ManUre or the Arse. At £3m he'd be worth a punt though.

I would rather have Reo-Coker than McCann, so it is a step up.

From the little I know of him I know he is good going forward.

Depends whether we would be getting last season's version, an excellent footballer, or this season's, bertie big bollocks who thinks he should be playing for ManUre or the Arse. At £3m he'd be worth a punt though.

We don't know what's going on at WHU. It's quite possible that last season's NRC sees so much trouble at WHU that he just wants out. I doubt he's the only one, but as the captain and last season's star he's perhaps the most high profile - certainly he's the one the fans have latched on to. It would be great to have him on board. We know what he can do and he's still learning. It's no harm to have a few Berty Big Bollocks' on board if they have the ability and confidence to push us onwards. He'd be a canny signing imo.