Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

22 hours ago, TheFish said:

I mean, what happened to Paqueta, and he was surely affecting the games he played in to win some money on the side for his family.

I think that's still under investigation, isn't it? And he's playing in the meantime (as was the case with Toney). It took the FA what, six months to sort Toney's case? So I imagine that Paqueta's will drag on a similar amount of time and allow him to significantly affect West Ham's season until there's a verdict... 
Zaniolo and Tonali are being charged in a different country for (potentially) betting on sports other than football. So who knows how long until there's a resolution and how severe the punishments will be (if there are any). 

Edited by oishiiniku_uk

If he's found guilty then he should face a similar ban that Toney's got. If AC Milan knew this was coming down the road and didn't mention it we should sue them for fraud, if Tonali didn't disclose it we should do him as well. 

Of all the recent signings, he's definitely not the worst for this to have happened to. Id be way more gutted if it was Isak or Botman in this kind of trouble.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TheFish said:

If he's found guilty then he should face a similar ban that Toney's got. If AC Milan knew this was coming down the road and didn't mention it we should sue them for fraud, if Tonali didn't disclose it we should do him as well. 

Of all the recent signings, he's definitely not the worst for this to have happened to. Id be way more gutted if it was Isak or Botman in this kind of trouble.

Prove it though. They probably did but you have to prove that

Impossible to prove. Not much you can do but help support the player and take the hit

58 minutes ago, TheFish said:

I know, it's like they are despicable and wanted to hide it. It's washing away the truth in sport. If only we had a name for this behaviour.

Just remembered it's called Sportswashing, but loveable NUFC wouldn't know anything about that.

Tonali hasn't really settled other than a good start against us typically. Their fans aren't impressed with his performances and think he needs a year to settle in.

A year playing though not sitting on his arse. I do think he was a bit of a strange signing for this league. 

2 hours ago, TheFish said:

He's not proved integral so far, but isn't midfield an area where you've struggled with injuries though? Maybe there's some truth in the Kalvin Philips rumours. You might be able to get to January before a ban kicks in and then bring in a replacement.

35 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

I do think he was a bit of a strange signing for this league. 

Playing him together with Guimaraes is what seems odd to me. They both want to do the creative stuff, but maybe not so much of the defensive work. Either one of them plus two more physical & energetic CM/DMs makes more sense in Newcastle's system, I think.

1 hour ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Playing him together with Guimaraes is what seems odd to me. They both want to do the creative stuff, but maybe not so much of the defensive work. Either one of them plus two more physical & energetic CM/DMs makes more sense in Newcastle's system, I think.

Tonali at Milan was the one who did a lot more of the dirty work in midfield

5 hours ago, TheFish said:

Replace a betting ban with an underlying injury

Would you be able to sue for fraud under those circumstances or would you say it's newcastles failure to do due diligence?

If you could prove that they'd tampered with documents or purposefully withheld info then there'd be a case, if newcastles medical team missed it you wouldn't, you would have to be able to demonstrate a lie for it to be fraud

Now revert back to gambling, same thing

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Tonali at Milan was the one who did a lot more of the dirty work in midfield

I don't watch Serie A, but according to FBref, Bennacer's defensive stats per 90 were a lot higher than Tonali, who has pretty average/low numbers for tackles, interceptions etc.

5 hours ago, TheFish said:

I don't think Newcastle should be heading down the "misrepresentation" route :D 

21 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

I don't watch Serie A, but according to FBref, Bennacer's defensive stats per 90 were a lot higher than Tonali, who has pretty average/low numbers for tackles, interceptions etc.

Tonali was more the mainrl pressing guy in midfield while Bennacer would sot in front of back 4 but a great footballer. Actually both are

Â