Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

What success?

Same as all things football, my hatred of them is largely due to football media forcing them down my throat and telling me to enjoy it, no one will call them out

But then they're just the latest to epitomise sky et Al selling the PL product, the reality is Newcastle are **** terrible for football just like man City but it's great for their business

the idea that we've been sold that Newcastle are good for football because they can challenge city says it all, they're selling a shit sandwich

I'm just quoting braindead Barcode fans, they think they have success...

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I'm just quoting braindead Barcode fans, they think they have success...

To be fair to them maybe they're confused by another sad state of modern football in declaring qualifying for the CL as success

They are the same as Man City, the game is gone and these teams are the epitome of things no one wants

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

What success?

Same as all things football, my hatred of them is largely due to football media forcing them down my throat and telling me to enjoy it, no one will call them out

But then they're just the latest to epitomise sky et Al selling the PL product, the reality is Newcastle are **** terrible for football just like man City but it's great for their business

the idea that we've been sold that Newcastle are good for football because they can challenge city says it all, they're selling a shit sandwich

I seriously appreciate your clear-eyed description of things.

It's insulting when the mainstream football media pretends there's this parallel, ethics-free universe they inhabit where they can slather praise on Newcastle's "improvement" (cue requisite praise for Eddie Howe) and "exciting" Man City—as if it's all down to hard work and coaching ingenuity. 

Blood money is getting sportwashed before our eyes in plain sight, and this reality needs to be named again and again and again.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, May-Z said:

How is this Adidas deal going to play out?

Are Castore just wiped completely at the end of August and Adidas will get a new kit out for Geordies to spend another whack of money on?

Did Sawiris approve it also?

13 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I seriously appreciate your clear-eyed description of things.

It's insulting when the mainstream football media pretends there's this parallel, ethics-free universe they inhabit where they can slather praise on Newcastle's "improvement" (cue requisite praise for Eddie Howe) and "exciting" Man City—as if it's all down to hard work and coaching ingenuity. 

Blood money is getting sportwashed before our eyes in plain sight, and this reality needs to be named again and again and again.

We all buy things from China and use Saudi oil, we destroyed  sadam and threw iraq into chaos, its not for football to decide world ethics, that's our leaders responsibility. 

Newcastle and City fans have no real power over their owner so let's not kid ourselves they have. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, tinker said:

We all buy things from China and use Saudi oil, we destroyed  sadam and threw iraq into chaos, its not for football to decide world ethics, that's our leaders responsibility. 

Newcastle and City fans have no real power over their owner so let's not kid ourselves they have. 

That has to be said, too -- it ALL has to be said. It doesn't diminish the point I'm echoing, or remove the need to be reminded of it ... continually. "I bought a guitar from China, so I guess it's OK to pretend Newcastle aren't ethically compromised ..." Not much of an argument.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

30 minutes ago, tinker said:

They can not support the club. It's football it's just a past time. It's meaningless compared to proper issues. Transport and the basics of life is a complex area but that's no excuse to say anything goes with luxuries. There's no necessity to watch football. So no sympathy. **** all their fans. Absolute rocket polishers

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I doubt sawiris makes operational decisions, he isn't an exec. The sportswash is working well if blue-chip brands are willing to legitimise it. Shame on Adidas. 

5 minutes ago, Dale said:

Also watching the highlights, they're the dirtiest team in the league. So many 'on the edge' tackles. 

Its actually very obvious, they love a sneaky elbow or keeping the foot in. Burn, Joelinton and Bruno are experts at this. Its like a fancier version of Pulis Stoke team

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its actually very obvious, they love a sneaky elbow or keeping the foot in. Burn, Joelinton and Bruno are experts at this. Its like a fancier version of Pulis Stoke team

They didnt show it but Bruno in a defensive position today dived with Grealish nearby, but zero contact. 

9 minutes ago, Rodders said:

They can not support the club. It's football it's just a past time. It's meaningless compared to proper issues.

Is it? I have no choice, it's villa win or lose for me , pain or happiness. Newcastle/City  fans are no different to us, to think they are is completely illogical, to me. Offered relegation and losses over success and trophies most fans will pick success. 

It was man city but I didn't think they looked that good. Didn't offer nothing until about the 75th min and had one shot on target. Bear in mind man city have already played 3 times this season and lost their main cm and didn't look like they really got out of second gear.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Maybe not, Adidas have something like a 6 person executive board which he's not on and then a 16 person baord which he is on

And even then that's assuming he got a vote on it rather than it just being down to their football division

He has very little sway there, he's an investor

7 hours ago, tinker said:

I'm not judging it on ethics

I'm judging it solely on what their money means for football, it's a **** terrible thing it's the death of football - what makes me hate them though is that because the PL is a product and their business no one will call it out for what it is and instead does the opposite and tries to make out like city and newcastle are brilliant

Again that's not even factoring in where the money comes from, this money could be clean and I'd still hate what modern football is

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Its his 2nd game in England against the team that will win the league

Think expecting miracles early on

Na but going on by newcastles fans last weekend they were going on as if tonali was the best cm in europe 

Â