Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

2 hours ago, veriaqa said:

A very good game. Lucky to have won. With 2 offside goals and some penalty claims for you. I'm impressed by Diaby, Watkins, and hope that Mings injury is not that bad. Good luck for the rest of the season except when we play you again. Lets break the big 6 dominance together!

This is very generous to your credit given the game but I’ll never be on board with this bit in bold as a villa fan. Much as they annoy me I’d far rather be a part of the top 4 with the likes of united and Liverpool, clubs with a platform based on genuine success and a large fan base over many years (much like villa historically) than the likes of Newcastle and city who are doing a smash and grab with oil/blood money 

Imagine trippier or botman done their ACL like mings did but the game was at villa park. I reckon we would have done the same thing to them. I do believe as bad as the performance was the impact that injury had on us played a role too.

• Like 2

I’m surprised at how Newcastle appear to given a shit about FFP to be fair.

Howe is doing a very good  job and I’ve not seen anything so far that suggests they’re taking the piss like Chelsea.

I’m sure it will happen at some point but this current Newcastle team is very good and would seem to be more or less following the financial guidelines.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Imagine trippier or botman done their ACL like mings did but the game was at villa park. I reckon we would have done the same thing to them. I do believe as bad as the performance was the impact that injury had on us played a role too.

No i dont think so at all. We were already behind and had created chances at 2-1

Mings injury is absolute no excuse for a rotten effort today and Unai wont accept that

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

No i dont think so at all. We were already behind and had created chances at 2-1

Mings injury is absolute no excuse for a rotten effort today and Unai wont accept that

I agree its no excuse but i think it had a impact on players like konsa. He fell apart after mings went off

6 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Let’s not read too much into this, Newcastle were decent, took the goals when they needed. But we always lose there and often heavily. I think the end of the season we’ll be very close to each other 

A few months ago we beat them comfortably at home. Yesterdays results sucks but it won't define our season.

8 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Howe is doing a very good  job and I’ve not seen anything so far that suggests they’re taking the piss like Chelsea.

I’m sure it will happen at some point but this current Newcastle team is very good and would seem to be more or less following the financial guidelines.

Maybe its proof that it can be done within the rules, unlike man city and chelsea

9 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Haven't they just been sponsored by themselves for 4 times their last sponsorship ? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Haven't they just been sponsored by themselves for 4 times their last sponsorship ? 

But they could be taking the piss so much more. Chelsea have spent more than £750m in a year and don’t look like stopping any time soon.

We made them look so good. At several times I look at the pitch at it wasn’t clear what position we were playing. No discipline at all.

Very surprising from us. 

Newcastle did all the basics well. They just applied a bit of pressure and watched us crumble each time.

14 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

But they could be taking the piss so much more. Chelsea have spent more than £750m in a year and don’t look like stopping any time soon.

They are both owned by the same people.

Chelsea is more trendy and glamorous and flashy so gets publicly lavished with money however the PR side is Newcastle so it will be less obviously done.

while not looking like its taking the piss compared to Chelsea, increasing sponsorship revenue just on the shirt by close to 30 million per season by sponsoring themselves. 

And that's most likely the tip of a cheating iceberg

It will be sponsor stadium next for crazy money, again by themselves, and training ground again by themselves.

Premier league won't care as no doubt they will get whistle or headphone sponsorship for the officials for 10 million per season as a good will gesture by chelsea/ newcastles owner

Edited by brummybloke

29 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

They are both owned by the same people.

Chelsea is more trendy and glamorous and flashy so gets publicly lavished with money however the PR side is Newcastle so it will be less obviously done.

while not looking like its taking the piss compared to Chelsea, increasing sponsorship revenue just on the shirt by close to 30 million per season by sponsoring themselves. 

And that's most likely the tip of a cheating iceberg

It will be sponsor stadium next for crazy money, again by themselves, and training ground again by themselves.

Premier league won't care as no doubt they will get whistle or headphone sponsorship for the officials for 10 million per season as a good will gesture by chelsea/ newcastles owner

Totally agree about what they are likely to do in future years. I just mean to get to this point they haven’t had to take the piss financially as much as I thought they would need to.

I was expecting some ridiculous signings like Mbappe and Bellingham but, for now, they’ve not done that.

Eddie Howe deserves a lot of credit for that.

5 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Totally agree about what they are likely to do in future years. I just mean to get to this point they haven’t had to take the piss financially as much as I thought they would need to.

I was expecting some ridiculous signings like Mbappe and Bellingham but, for now, they’ve not done that.

I rate Howe, but Newcastle is their PR for the Arabs, look how honest and sporting we are.

Chelsea is being used as a smoke screen to divert what Newcastle are doing. Start with the shirt sleeve sponsor being 5 times the amount, that then gives a very thin legitimacy for 4x the shirt sponsorship a year later, which gives legitimacy for even bigger self sponsorship. By having that cheat money enabled signings they couldn't afford which got them 4th which then gets them more money to spend.

That in itself is letting them double what they can spend, so just buying in 2 x 60 million players each window would never be something they could do without the self sponsoring.

It's like man city now claiming their 5 year net spend 🤣🤣

10 years of what Newcastle are doing to get to that point where they can sell off players purchased to cover 70% of incoming players.

8 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Let’s not read too much into this, Newcastle were decent, took the goals when they needed. But we always lose there and often heavily. I think the end of the season we’ll be very close to each other 

Think its 7 wins there ever for us. Its worse than our Old Trafford record

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Oh he does absolutely, he’s done so well there much better than I thought. I still think though that as soon as they lose a few, they will sack him very quickly and get a bigger name in

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

We made them look so good. At several times I look at the pitch at it wasn’t clear what position we were playing. No discipline at all.

Very surprising from us. 

Newcastle did all the basics well. They just applied a bit of pressure and watched us crumble each time.

Its very bizarre because we did that to them at villa park and they couldnt handle it and we did absolutely none of it in this game.

I dont even think they played that bad against us at villa park. They certainly were not as poor as we were yesterday. 

We started slow and then came alive after they scored and scored pretty comfortably with our first real bit of play. Then they scored a good goal before mings went off injured then we went to absolute shit. No pressing pressure just awful performance 

I switched off after the 4 as i knew it would just end 5 or 6 as saw how the game was going. We were pretty pathegic 2nd half

Â