Christian Benteke

Kwan

As to him signing a contract, he's on a 3 year deal Woodytom only 10months into his existing one. If Okore performs well, do we start offering him a new deal after 3 years. We have offered him an improved deal, which he hasn't rejected or signed as he is on holiday.

As to him signing a contract, he's on a 3 year deal Woodytom only 10months into his existing one. If Okore performs well, do we start offering him a new deal after 3 years. We have offered him an improved deal, which he hasn't rejected or signed as he is on holiday.

Benteke signed on a 4 year contract did he not?

We have absolutely nothing concrete to go on so opinions will be made.

Strange. I see that as a reason not to form an opinion.

I see more indications he wants to leave than stay.

'More' numerically or 'more' as importance? For all we know, CB could have disregarded half of your theories and put more importance on playing Premier League first football in a team he's settled with during the build up to the World Cup.

Is CB staying for another year? As you stated, there are no concrete clues so I'm not about to proclaim either way.

• Like 2

We have absolutely nothing concrete to go on so opinions will be made.

Strange. I see that as a reason not to form an opinion.

I see more indications he wants to leave than stay.

'More' numerically or 'more' as importance? For all we know, CB could have disregarded half of your theories and put more importance on playing Premier League first football in a team he's settled with during the build up to the World Cup.

Is CB staying for another year? As you stated, there are no concrete clues so I'm not about to proclaim either way.

So something has to happen for people to form opinions? Like I say mine is that I think Benteke will leave. 

I have absolutely no clue as to what is going on and I have been clear with that - so I am not really sure what your point is.

As for your question. Bit of both really. I think the fact that no contract has been signed yet is a major indication. That is just my opinion - It is not a negative stance, it is not putting Aston Villa down - it is simply my opinion.

Eh? How on earth does it sound like that?

I do not see how it is so wrong that from.....

- benteke having a fantastic season in which he was easily our best player

- Aston Villa struggling against relegation for 3 years now

- Aston Villa having a tendency to sell their best players

- benteke as of yet not signing a contract

- Benteke saying he would like to play for Arsenal

- A number of top European clubs being linked who can offer more money and better football

- Benteke thinking Villa was in London

.... I conclude that Benteke does not want to stay. What is so wrong with having that opinion??

Its almost as if.... if you don't bum the arse out of Aston Villa 100% (apart from with regards Lerner, Faulkner, Mcleish and Joe Bennett) your jumped on for being negative as if your totally against Aston Villa.

We have absolutely nothing concrete to go on so opinions will be made. I see more indications he wants to leave than stay.

- benteke having a fantastic season in which he was easily our best player: No argument.

- Aston Villa struggling against relegation for 3 years now: Well, the idea is we improve, hugely.

- Aston Villa having a tendency to sell their best players: Ones who have been with us for more than one season, and in the PL for several.

- benteke as of yet not signing a contract: As of yet, no. That doesn't mean it's not going to happen when club and player can agree terms.

- Benteke saying he would like to play for Arsenal: A slight misquote from the player from before he'd even played a game for us.

- A number of top European clubs being linked who can offer more money and better football: And probably keep him on the bench half the time.

- Benteke thinking Villa was in London: Do you have a source for this concrete and indisputable hard fact?

It's his agent's job to get Benteke the best possible deal. He is doing his job. It's Lambert's job to get Aston Villa the best possible deal. He is doing his job. So far the two parties haven't reached agreement, but Benteke could do a hell of a lot worse than stay for another season, and Aston Villa could do a hell of a lot worse than get him to stay. So chill.

Chill?

How many times, Im not bouncing off the walls in anxiety.

Its just my opinion that I think he will leave. I am simply debating that my opinion is neither pessimistic nor negative. 

It is not negative to think that benteke would rather go to a club offering more money and champs league football is it? Really?

I feel like it's negative and pessimistic to point it out because we obviously know that we're smaller than some clubs and other clubs can offer things we can't.

It's like if somebody had a deformity on their face and you pointed it out. It's highly likely they know it's there and it's negative to point it out to them

Edited by StefanAVFC

we obviously know that we're smaller than some clubs.

I think that statement is massively naive around here. I find like most clubs, Villa fans sense of 'where Villa are' (if you like) is well over exaggerated.

For me, not one of the clubs linked are less than a million miles ahead of us right now. I will be amazed if he stays, and if he stays, I will be amazed if he is 100% happy.

All this talk of him sitting on the bench elsewhere. Its nonsense really. There is talk of him being the replacement for Falcao for goodness sake. Somebody is going to have to spend 25-30m to get him. They are not going to do that to sit him on the bench.

He is absolutely head and shoulders above anybody else in the team. A genuine world class (potentially) player that is well below his level at Villa.

Edited by Woodytom

This is what I mean. Why put down the team constantly? This is the negativity you're being berated for.

What have I said that is naive? I've said that some teams are bigger than us.

Every villa fan should believe that we're the biggest team in the world. Obviously this isn't true but it isn't our own fans' jobs to tell ourselves that. We get put down enough from other fans and the media so when a certain few on here do it, it winds people up. If you can't see that, then it's a bit of a shame.

• Like 3

This is what I mean. Why put down the team constantly? This is the negativity you're being berated for.

What have I said that is naive? I've said that some teams are bigger than us.

Every villa fan should believe that we're the biggest team in the world. Obviously this isn't true but it isn't our own fans' jobs to tell ourselves that. We get put down enough from other fans and the media so when a certain few on here do it, it winds people up. If you can't see that, then it's a bit of a shame.

How did I put the team down? I gave a realistic opinion of how a player is clearly above our level. That isnt negative - its common sense.

You say it yourself - In your last paragraph. Basically you think that we should talk/believe bollocks about the level of the club because we are Villa fans?? Nah, I do not get that. If people get wound up by the media, other fans or me giving an honest opinion about Villa then they really need to grow up.

If your sat there kidding yourself that benteke is not well above our level because you consider the feelings of others then that is your prerogative. your wasting your time though, because he clearly is.  

Pointing out that we are not the biggest team in the world is not putting the team down. 

Edited by Woodytom

ABZXd1G.gif

Benteke is still improving. He is already world class but he is not ready for the next level because he is still young, and learning at Villa.

Next summer he will have out-grown this club because there will be little more we could offer him in terms of experience.

If things in football were set in stone the way you describe them, WT, there would be no point following football at all.

They aren't set in stone, though. All clubs have players who are good enough to play for more successful clubs.

The clubs on the rise hang on to those players, and we should be trying to do the same, not just give up because "that's the way things are".

Stating the obvious when stating the obvious is unneccesary is negative and putting the team down for no reason. All of us here know that Aston villa are not as big a club as man united, so actively stating it seems negative (as an example).

If you had a little boy who was obsessed by the villa but you kept telling him 'Benteke is far too good for a team like us'. 'see those teams there, they're a million miles ahead of us'. It's just unneccesary and that is the point you fail to grasp constantly.

He's an extremely good player but he's gone missing in numerous games. He has also had one season in the PL. The amount you big him up and put down villa is laughable. To say that with complete certainty that he's too good for us, even completely dismissing my point of view if I feel differently is pretty sad to be honest.

You're speculating based on nothing regarding you being ''sure he won't be 100% happy if he's here next year'. How could you possibly know that?

I just feel if there's a chance to have a pop, it's taken by some and it's baffling.

If things in football were set in stone the way you describe them, WT, there would be no point following football at all.

They aren't set in stone, though. All clubs have players who are good enough to play for more successful clubs.

The clubs on the rise hang on to those players, and we should be trying to do the same, not just give up because "that's the way things are".

Eh? That makes absolutely no sense.

First of all I have not given up on benteke, i just think he will go. I am a little more confident given Richards comments but not much.

Also, at what point did I become a key figure in Benteke staying?

I think you will find that whether I give up now, or sit praying until the cows come home, it will have no effect on Christian Benteke.

Stating the obvious when stating the obvious is unneccesary is negative and putting the team down for no reason. All of us here know that Aston villa are not as big a club as man united, so actively stating it seems negative (as an example).

If you had a little boy who was obsessed by the villa but you kept telling him 'Benteke is far too good for a team like us'. 'see those teams there, they're a million miles ahead of us'. It's just unneccesary and that is the point you fail to grasp constantly.

He's an extremely good player but he's gone missing in numerous games. He has also had one season in the PL. The amount you big him up and put down villa is laughable. To say that with complete certainty that he's too good for us, even completely dismissing my point of view if I feel differently is pretty sad to be honest.

You're speculating based on nothing regarding you being ''sure he won't be 100% happy if he's here next year'. How could you possibly know that?

I just feel if there's a chance to have a pop, it's taken by some and it's baffling.

i didnt say I was sure of anything - I said I would be amazed.

Isn't bigging up Benteke, bigging up Villa?? Baring in mind he plays for us?

So the truth is unnecessary while utter nonsense is necessary? Yeah that makes sense.

I don't get why you'd be amazed if he stayed. I'd actually be quite surprised if he left. Next season if he produces the same goods he can pick anywhere, and I'm pretty sure he and his agent know that. I can't see any club paying what we want for him at the moment, and I'm talking proper big clubs, not spurs / pool. He has everything here that a young striker could want.

I proper, proper cant be arsed anymore. I've written in plain terms 3 times and you're either missing the point on purpose or can't grasp it.

Fair enough. Back to off topic I scurry.

Â