Christian Benteke

Kwan

I'm not so sure that Lerner easily agrees to sell players to be honest. We only sell when the players want out and we got an incredibly good deal for both Young and Downing.

I agree that we good amounts for them, just as we did with Milner too, but would we have been better off keeping them? In a time we were pushing for top four we sold off our best assets and replaced them with rubbish. You could put this down to the manager but then we all know that MON left after a disagreement over transfer funds and such.

I'm happy for the money Lerner has pumped into the club, just worried about whether or not he will back Lambert's judgement properly, which I think he should based on the players he has signed. Every one of the players Lambert has brought in could arguably be sold at profit, but our best asset is currently Benteke and selling him would unravel all the work done this season.

I wasn't having a 'pop' at Lerner, more so just explaining the past, which is that we've sold our best players (which I wouldn't put down as a managerial decision) and never replaced them (which could be argued as managerial decisions). Lerner came through with the Bent transfer in troubled times and I hope he comes through once again during a promising period.

why would benteke wanted to go to germany? he plays already in his favourite competition.

You know things better than we do from that side of things! I also think Dortmund wouldn't be wanting to put up the money we would expect to get for him, assuming they get about £30m for Lewandowski, would they really be willing to use the entirety of that fee PLUS another £5m or so? Doubt it.

why would benteke wanted to go to germany? he plays already in his favourite competition.

You know things better than we do from that side of things! I also think Dortmund wouldn't be wanting to put up the money we would expect to get for him, assuming they get about £30m for Lewandowski, would they really be willing to use the entirety of that fee PLUS another £5m or so? Doubt it.

nah Benteke wants to play in the PL he's smart enough to know how important the wk2014 is, he is our first choise striker and he knows that if he stays at villa he stays our nr. 1

at the moment Benteke is overclassing lukaku thats not something to be ashamed of in lukaku's perspective because he's only 19 years but how things look will Benteke stay our 1. im very sure he doesn't want to go to germany he loves england he always dreamed playing in england so he's not going away

also our bondscoach advised Benteke to stay at least 1 more year at villa he's making much progress there.

Edited by Belgian guy
  • Like 1

Arsenal need a decent striker? He would be first choice there. If Rooney leaves Manure their new manager may look this way? Is he better than Dzeko? Hell yeah! Is he better than Ba or Torres? No contest! Considering 3 of those 4 are having a new manager and they always can find £30M for a player don't rule out him leaving.

I think that CB's attitude may change if a English CL side come in for him? 

Benteke could be the hottest property of the summer. As stated as long as Lerner gives Lambert the whole £30M then I think he will spend it wisely especially as we have a lot of oxygen bandits leaving this summer.

Arsenal need a decent striker? He would be first choice there. If Rooney leaves Manure their new manager may look this way? Is he better than Dzeko? Hell yeah! Is he better than Ba or Torres? No contest! Considering 3 of those 4 are having a new manager and they always can find £30M for a player don't rule out him leaving.

Benteke could be the hottest property of the summer. As stated as long as Lerner gives Lambert the whole £30M then I think he will spend it wisely especially as we have a lot of oxygen bandits leaving this summer.

But imagine if Lerner gave him £30m WITHOUT selling CB. That would be the ideal, give Lambert the backing he wants/needs to bring in his top targets and build the team around CB.

Progression could entice CB to stay on for even longer and that is the key, we need to progress and excel away from this part of the table that we're in and build around our key players.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

For me, to reject a bid of 30m would be absolutely stupid. Anything over 25m and I would be more than happy with selling. He isnt worth that yet and lets face it, whether it be the summer, or next summer - the kid will not stick around with us. He is far too good for any villa team that has graced the premiership imo, never mind this one.

But imagine if Lerner gave him £30m WITHOUT selling CB. That would be the ideal, give Lambert the backing he wants/needs to bring in his top targets and build the team around CB.

Progression could entice CB to stay on for even longer and that is the key, we need to progress and excel away from this part of the table that we're in and build around our key players.

I would be flabbergasted if Lerner gives PL 30 quid this summer out of his own pocket. Personally I think PL will get 50% of whatever he sells off of Lerner and be told to keep the wage bill as low as possible. Lerner is no longer interested in investing he just wants to cut costs and claw back his money some now, either by selling up or stripping the assets from our club. Sorry but that's all I see going on over the telephone from across the pond.

For me, to reject a bid of 30m would be absolutely stupid. Anything over 25m and I would be more than happy with selling. He isnt worth that yet and lets face it, whether it be the summer, or next summer - the kid will not stick around with us. He is far too good for any villa team that has graced the premiership imo, never mind this one.

I think we would we stupid to accept a bid of 30m. Maybe if some club came in with a ridiculous bid like 50m then yea. Next to Bale he's the hottest property in the premiere league.

Don't forget we have the new influx of TV money which will be around £60m

Not yet we don't!

I doubt that £60M will get anywhere near our transfer coffers?

Well, assuming we stay up, we will get around £60m of new money which logically would be where our transfer kitty comes from being as it is new money and therefore our transfer budget wouldn't interfere with any of the income we would normally be getting.

Imagine if he actually started training his upper body strength over the Summer.

Might slow him down

yea thts exactly wat the problem is with our best defender vincent kompany he trained his body to hard that now makes his start speed very slow Benteke don't train his body because he know it wil be at cost of his accelariaton

Imagine if he actually started training his upper body strength over the Summer.

Might slow him down

Yeah, I don't think he should change anything about his training. The way he plays is insane, no need to change it.

Might slow him down

yea thts exactly wat the problem is with our best defender vincent kompany he trained his body to hard that now makes his start speed very slow Benteke don't train his body because he know it wil be at cost of his accelariaton

I guess so, it is another trait that makes CB special, he is actually pretty quick off the mark and I think it still baffles some defenders as normally target men are typically big and slow.

Also I know its slightly OT - but whatever happened to Vanden Borre mate? He was always a good prospect but he sort of fell off the radar and Kompany became the star.

Â