Christian Benteke

Kwan

He gave us some of the happiest times.

Sunderland

Stoke

Norwich in the cup

All of my (personal) highlights of the season. 

I've got the Stoke match on my DVR and watched it again the other day, CB really had a very poor game. His goal was well-taken but it's the only worthwhile thing he did in the whole match. He let Shawcross and Huth bully him the whole time, and just kept petulantly appealing to the ref for fouls that were clearly never going to get called. That was one of his off-days (and he still got a goal out of it). Delph was the real stand-out for us in the Stoke match (and of course Lowton's screamer).

Sunderland was CB's highlight match for sure. But the Stoke match reminded me that he is still very much the unfinished article. He's also got some disciplnary issues, like grabbing Bassong by the throat in the Norwich game, throwing the elbow and kicking John Terry in the chest in the Chelsea game, etc. I think that's why we're not seeing much interest other than Spurs, and why Spurs are reluctant to value him as highly as we do.

I wasn't really stating his performance. But he scored a goal for us to go 3-1 up guaranteeing the win against those Stoke trolls and sending myself, my dad and the rest of the Villa fans in raptures. Thats what mattered to me. Not the fact he had a mediocre game. 

I do not for one minute think he's the finished article. But damn he gave us some good times! 

On that point we agree 100% (and also that goal at Stoke was joyful to watch, four Villa players bearing down on Begovich who looked about ready to soil his kit). I was more using your post as a jumping-off point to make some points about his overall performance last season, rather than responding to you directly, so I apologize if it looked like I was putting words in your mouth or anything.

And I know people are peeved at Benteke right now, but if there's no acceptable bids for him and he doesn't throw a strop, I am more than willing to have him back in the starting XI any time, and for as long as we can hang onto him.

ah the liverpool game great memory i got some mates who are liverpool supporters and they always used to make fun of me because i am for aston villa but since that day they never have made fun about me ther still stunned by Benteke's performance as the moment we speak. :) now i make fun about liverpool haha :D

• Like 1

Liverpool away was his best game for the club. He was insane that day.

or at united where he outmuscled smalling like a baloon xD

Kirsten_Benteke.gif

I don't know what is funnier, the way he completely baffles him with his run, the way he throws him to the floor or the way Smalling has a seizure on the floor afterwards!

One thing is for sure, if he does go, I cannot wait to see Okore vs Benteke. :angry:

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

so Benteke doesn't want to come back to Aston Villa ...I'm not surprised because we don't want him back.

We just want the Money.

Benteke can tell his beloved spurs to get their finger out and do the deal and stop fannying him about....Good start isn't it, your new employers humiliating you.

so Benteke doesn't want to come back to Aston Villa ...I'm not surprised because we don't want him back.

We just want the Money.

Benteke can tell his beloved spurs to get their finger out and do the deal and stop fannying him about....Good start isn't it, your new employers humiliating you.

so your believing a report of a story wich has no actually evidence or quotes? from a english press?

• Like 2

We just want the Money.

Who is we? I and many other fans do want him to stay for the simple fact that he can play. Despite what he has done in the last week, he is still a good forward, and without him in the team we are worse off.

• Like 2

**** London Belgian clique.

isnt it normal they would love the idea to spend much time together? theyr all a bunch of friends :) but yea it would suck to lose him  :rant:

Not being funny but wanting to spend time with fellow footballers from your country is not a good enough reason to want to leave a football club.

I think that's exactly what the article claims he's trying to do.   I suspect the main reason he doesn't want to go back to training with Villa is because he doesn't want to have to face his teammates and the fans after what he's done.  He probably thought a deal would have gone through by now and didn't expect to have to return as both a Villan and a villain.

isnt it normal they would love the idea to spend much time together? theyr all a bunch of friends :) but yea it would suck to lose him  :rant:

Not being funny but wanting to spend time with fellow footballers from your country is not a good enough reason to want to leave a football club.

i didn't say it is an valid reason i only said i can see why they could like the idea to be together in 1 city/club 

I think its more friends than fellow countryman. Though admittedly they are from the same country. 

Edited by KjParton

We just want the Money.

so your believing a report of a story wich has no actually evidence or quotes? from a english press?

you are not seriously thinking there is a chance he will come back or stay with us..... get the deal done I say and move on.

Now he has made his stance, I don't want him any where close to the club.

its no good pussy footing around with this transfer ....he is history.

• Like 2

We just want the Money.

you are not seriously thinking there is a chance he will come back or stay with us..... get the deal done I say and move on.

he will stay with us if he likes it or not unless villa get their 25M£ his greedy arse will be at villa park.

Edited by Belgian guy

We just want the Money.

Who is we? I and many other fans do want him to stay for the simple fact that he can play. Despite what he has done in the last week, he is still a good forward, and without him in the team we are worse off.

He is mentally a million miles away from Villa right now.

of course he is a good player, but mentally he isn't ours, (contractually yes)

get him gone, and get someone that does want to play for us.

I don't want to piss on anybodys chips but if I am being brutally honest with myself his body language said to me he didn't want to be with us last season.

• Like 1

We just want the Money.

he will stay with us if he likes it or not unless villa get their 25M£ his greedy arse will be at villa park.

I'd like to have a sneaky bit of sport with you ,that he goes for less than 25 mill

I have another sneaky feeling that Villa themselves want him gone now.

Â