Christian Benteke

Kwan

Pretty sad that he didn't stay on one more year to pay back Lambert for putting him on the map. Sad that even after Lambert went ballistic with new signings, he didn't want to be part of it. I know I shouldn't be surprised, but still. It's sickening. Had he stayed on for one more year and then left, I'd not have a problem. But this is just a kick in the nuts to Villa. Total disrespect. 

I sincerely hope Benteke has a sH*t season wherever he goes, and his new supporters turn on him when the pressure gets to be so bad, he misses sitter after sitter, like Fernando Torres.

Glad we signed Hellenius so soon, now we won't be held to ransom when we make an offer on a replacement for Benteke. 

Here's to hoping Lambert spends the money wisely.

Thank you, Christian, for an incredible season in claret and blue. You were a joy to watch. Now you can go piss up a rope.

In all honesty we probably got him a bit too early in our development under Lambert.

Its like meeting "stunner" when you are both too young.

The timing wasn't right.

We was too poor as a team to keep him, he probably had this move on his mind the day he walked through our door

Its best to say " good luck and see you around" despite it killing us to say it.

• Like 2

Time for someone to start FC Villa of Aston. Unless you're a fan of one of the 10-12 top clubs in Europe, supporting a club is no longer fun. 

Like others have said, I don't sell Benteke for a penny less than £35m. 

Pretty sad that he didn't stay on one more year to pay back Lambert for putting him on the map. Sad that even after Lambert went ballistic with new signings, he didn't want to be part of it. I know I shouldn't be surprised, but still. It's sickening. Had he stayed on for one more year and then left, I'd not have a problem. But this is just a kick in the nuts to Villa. Total disrespect. 

I sincerely hope Benteke has a sH*t season wherever he goes, and his new supporters turn on him when the pressure gets to be so bad, he misses sitter after sitter, like Fernando Torres.

Glad we signed Hellenius so soon, now we won't be held to ransom when we make an offer on a replacement for Benteke. 

Here's to hoping Lambert spends the money wisely.

Thank you, Christian, for an incredible season in claret and blue. You were a joy to watch. Now you can go piss up a rope.

He could probably piss up a rope too.

Personally, I would let the ungrateful shit rot. Its about time clubs made an example, and I nominate this treacherous leech for just that.

As for Footballl, well im watching just how much Chelsea give us and how we invest it. If its not to my liking, then im off. They can stick football. This is im afraid, the last straw for me, and I refuse to pay whatever little money I have into it anymore. I mean, whats the point???????????????

Way to go Randy! :angry: 

What's Lerner got to do with it?

Turned the club into the new Bolton.....

This will keep happening until he decides what he wants to do with the club. We will see, but if Lambert does not get the whole amount, then its obvious to me that all the cost cutting, the low wages, the cheap players, is all about him selling up than any clever football strategy.

Im pissed off at the moment, so im just hitting out at everything and everyone, so my view may change in the days to come.

One thing I will add though....

Im pretty certain that hes been tapped up whilst with the Belgian squad, and im also pretty certain its Chelsea behind it. Remember, one of their players actually used the press to state that Benteke should consider leaving whilst he was on loan at the baggies ;)

So I think we have every right to quote them the same fee Newcastle received for Andy Carroll. If they don't like it, **** em.....sell him to spurs for less if we have too. But sell to Chelsea?

Never.

What are you on about?

If you don't understand, fine.

I think I see where your coming from. Make an example of him etc etc. Good in theory, but impossible in practice. It ultimately boils down to a question of economics. We will sell ultimately, spite or no spite. He's gone, that's the bottom line. Once you realise this, everything becomes a lot more easier to accept. I share your disappointment & admire your vindictiveness because ultimately a kick in the bollocks hurts. You just have to get over the pain & move on in the hope that one day what goes around comes around.

Everything you say there is right. But I think the reason this feels bad, is the knowledge that this is how its always going to be from now on. Just selling our better players every year and just making up the numbers in the league. Its not what we are used to, because this is Villa. Its the growing realization that unless we get very lucky or very rich......then its this.

Ive got my Crewe tickets already...was very excited about the future, just feels so very mundane.

• Like 1

allegedly we was told by Nuremburg that Kiyotake was not for sale and that seems to be the end of it.

is it that we don't get players to engineer a move?

seems like its "heads you lose, tails you lose"

Personally, I would let the ungrateful shit rot. Its about time clubs made an example, and I nominate this treacherous leech for just that.

As for Footballl, well im watching just how much Chelsea give us and how we invest it. If its not to my liking, then im off. They can stick football. This is im afraid, the last straw for me, and I refuse to pay whatever little money I have into it anymore. I mean, whats the point???????????????

This will keep happening until he decides what he wants to do with the club. We will see, but if Lambert does not get the whole amount, then its obvious to me that all the cost cutting, the low wages, the cheap players, is all about him selling up than any clever football strategy.

Im pissed off at the moment, so im just hitting out at everything and everyone, so my view may change in the days to come.

Im pretty certain that hes been tapped up whilst with the Belgian squad, and im also pretty certain its Chelsea behind it. Remember, one of their players actually used the press to state that Benteke should consider leaving whilst he was on loan at the baggies ;)

So I think we have every right to quote them the same fee Newcastle received for Andy Carroll. If they don't like it, **** em.....sell him to spurs for less if we have too. But sell to Chelsea?

Never.

What are you on about?

I think I see where your coming from. Make an example of him etc etc. Good in theory, but impossible in practice. It ultimately boils down to a question of economics. We will sell ultimately, spite or no spite. He's gone, that's the bottom line. Once you realise this, everything becomes a lot more easier to accept. I share your disappointment & admire your vindictiveness because ultimately a kick in the bollocks hurts. You just have to get over the pain & move on in the hope that one day what goes around comes around.

Everything you say there is right. But I think the reason this feels bad, is the knowledge that this is how its always going to be from now on. Just selling our better players every year and just making up the numbers in the league. Its not what we are used to, because this is Villa. Its the growing realization that unless we get very lucky or very rich......then its this.

Ive got my Crewe tickets already...was very excited about the future, just feels so very mundane.

Were Villa & we'll come again. One glance at the history book will confirm that. What will happen to Chelsea & Man City once the big Buck backers disappear? They'll just fall back into the pack & be never was's like they always were.

Form is temporary, Class is permanent. We will survive & be stronger for it.

In the meantime Dream & don't let any nightmare spoil it.

• Like 1

allegedly we was told by Nuremburg that Kiyotake was not for sale and that seems to be the end of it.

True.

And there is past history here when we look at how Benteke behaved at Ghenk. Should of seen it coming I guess.

Never.

What are you on about?

its not the case at all....it looks that way right now.

footballing wise we have been struggling for nigh on 4 years. We need to get some league form back as a team, play some enterprising football, draw in the crowds, pay a bit better wages and it will all start coming together again.

we have come across Christian too early in our development....had he of been from Erdington like Gabby or Kingshurst like Gary Shaw, he may have given us a bit more time.

True.

And there is past history here when we look at how Benteke behaved at Ghenk. Should of seen it coming I guess.

There is an angel looking down on us....He kept us up, no doubt in my mind.... best to just let go and say "nice knowing ya"

Look forward to the next "Legend"... Lambert will find one.

Who cares though, you know what, its one player. As long as you have a clear goal in mind and a sound way of getting there, one player leaving (For a huge fee) won't derail you. As long as Villa keep hope of Lambert everything will be fine.

Never.

What are you on about?

Were Villa & we'll come again. One glance at the history book will confirm that. What will happen to Chelsea & Man City once the big Buck backers disappear? They'll just fall back into the pack & be never was's like they always were.

Form is temporary, Class is permanent. We will survive & be stronger for it.

In the meantime Dream & don't let any nightmare spoil it.

Thought I would highlight those words of yours for everyone else to see.

Benteke who? B)

True.

There is an angel looking down on us of that I'm sure....Benteke kept us up, no doubt in my mind.... best to just let go and say "nice knowing ya"

Look forward to the next "Legend"... Lambert will find one.

I hope he goes to a club that has a strict rotation policy, so that every third game, he rots on the bench, never establishing a rhythm, and letting doubt creep into his psyche, so that when he is playing, he's a shadow of the player he was with us.

• Like 2

bet the rest of the players are relieved he has handed the request in, probably as pissed off with the saga as we are.

one man don't make a team.

we still only just staved off relegation despite his exploits and there was still plenty of teams beating us with him in our team so.... lets just push on.

Im actually praying the reason for this decision is that he has seen Helenius in training and thought:
'Shit, this guy is good... I'm not going to be the big man on campus anymore... I could lose my place in the team and my spot in the World Cup... This Helenius guy is really, REALLY good...'

Its wishful thinking... but at least its semi-positive :-D

• Like 4

Â