Christian Benteke

Kwan

I thought CB would stay for one more season, but he's now clearly stated what he wants. However I still think that Villa remain in a strong position with regard to his immediate future. I can only think that Benteke's agent must have a word of mouth agreement with his next club to reimburse CB the approx £2.5/3 million that he will lose by submitting a transfer request. This would indicate that a big club has already tapped him up. If this is not the case then Christian has been a bit of a silly boy in gambling prior to a very important world cup season.

This is of course if the guy actually gives a damn about the World cup... It appears the only thing he is bothered about is £££££'s... i'm Sure he stated before he left for his hols that he wasn't concerned about the World cup as whatever happened re transfers would not affect it?

Well, there'a surprise, never saw that one coming.  </sarcasm>

what one?

transfer request

Stinks doesnt it.

Yep, but that's football. I'm just surprised it took until now for him to do it tbh.

i cant sleep stupid benteke  :rant:  :bang:

Belgian Guy - At least you have him in your great National side. Enjoy that if nothing else. Plus, you are a Villa fan now, what more could you wish for?

400 paracetamol and a bottle of whiskey? lol

It always worries me when people see the transfer fee and immediately jump to the conclusion that we should have exactly that sum to spend and if not then our chairman must have snaffled it up to buy helicopters or somesuch.

I'm not saying it should all be spent but I don't see why the majority shouldn't.

Didn't Liverpool sell Torres for £50 million and reinvest in Suarez and Carroll?

Like i keep saying. Our wage bill is not something we rely on selling players to pay. It's covered by the amount of money we get in each year from various revenue streams. If we signed a player out of contract we wouldn't have to sell someone first for a fee to pay his entire wages for a few years. His wages would be added to the bill which is covered each year through money coming into the club.

The total amount of money freed up by selling Benteke is the transfer fee plus the avoided wages over the next 3 years.  If the same amount is spent on a combination of transfer fees and wages on one or more players, then it's all been reinvested regardless of the balance between wages and fees.   Because Benteke was on very low wages compared to transfer fee he'll bring in, it's extremely unlikely that suitable replacement(s) will see Villa spending the direct proceeds of the sale directly on transfer fees.

If you think there should be additional money to spend on wages, etc., fine, but if that's the case that money should be spent on players even if Benteke were to stay and is irrelevant in a conversation about whether the proceeds will be reinvested.

I honestly thought he would give us one more year..

Well its either a tap up or the contract negotiations have gone really badly!

His agent sounds like a right shit!!

His agent is trying to secure the best deal for himself & his client. Sadly that is the harsh reality of modern day football.

Likewise we have to get the best deal for AVFC.

Well this has made me look like a bit of a knob to anyone I've spoken to about football in the past three months... "I think he'll definitely give us one more season"!

Ah well, if he stays in the prem then I hope it's to Chelsea; if not I'd rather abroad. Let's see who Lambert can pull out of the bag this time. Nowhere near as gutted as when Milner went, mainly because I trust this manager to sort us out.

• Like 1

His agent is trying to secure the best deal for himself & his client. Sadly that is the harsh reality of modern day football.

Fixed for you

Yeah he is, but its to the detriment of the players reputation. Not that it matters these days I suppose.

Hopefully we can get it sorted asap and Lambo can get spending again. COuld be a blessing in disguise, Idlike to see what lambert can do with big(ger) money signings,

• Like 1

Â