Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Is there any links? Can't see anything on there website.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4158639/Football-Confidential-Latest-news-in-brief-from-across-English-football.html'>http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4158639/Football-Confidential-Latest-news-in-brief-from-across-English-football.html

This is what it says

ASTON VILLA have made a £4million raid for Peterborough’s Dwight Gayle.

And it marks a phenomenal rise from Dagenham & Redbridge — and a loan spell at Blue Square Bet North Bishops Stortford — for the hotshot, 22.

A deal would boost the cash-strapped Daggers, who are entitled to 20 per cent of the fee — which could reach £800,000.

Edited by 8pints

Exciting player.

Elaborate please

Only seen him play once and on highlights so take it with a pinch of salt. Fast as ****, energetic and can finish. My mate likes him and he's seen a fair bit.

That's all I got. It's exciting to me.

Exciting player.

Elaborate please

Only seen him play once and on highlights so take it with a pinch of salt. Fast as ****, energetic and can finish. My mate likes him and he's seen a fair bit.

That's all I got. It's exciting to me.

Sounds good!

That's what i wanted to hear as i've never seen him

We don't need to replace Bent! 

All these can play ST: Benteke, Gabby, Weimann, Delfonz, Bowery, Burke, Drennan.  

Delfouneso isn't good enough.

I'd also rather not rely on Bowery or Burke / Drennan.

If Bent does go we need another striker.

Yeah thats right lets get Falcao to sit on our bench all season..... 

That's quite a ridiculous leap if you don't mind me saying so. Well, I guess you probably do.

an inability to put 2 and 2 together.

Gayle would seem to fit what Lambert is trying to do, I say sign him up.  Like it's been said on the last couple of pages we're not likely to need an experienced replacement for Bent, rather someone we can develop.  

As for full-back, if Tottenham get big money for Bale then I'm sure they will look to invest heavily all over the pitch which might make Naughton available.  Also what about Ibrahim Afellay as someone who can play on either wing or as creative attacking midfielder?  His career has stalled and he's been injured again since January on loan at Schalke, but could be worth a punt at £8m.

Sure about this Gayle kid? He signed a contract for peterborough in december, seems like he went away very fast. Don`t know nothing about it but I like what I am hearing

agreed. Also i don't see this as an entirely good signing really... would surely mean either bent/weiman/benteke will be leaving. Wouldn't be fussed about bent as we can see it coming, but it would surprise me why we are so eager to get a striker in BEFORE the market has opened when clearly defence and midfield is prority. However if it is true i'm going to trust VT opinions that we'll have a tidy player on our hands.

Sure about this Gayle kid? He signed a contract for peterborough in december, seems like he went away very fast. Don`t know nothing about it but I like what I am hearing

agreed. Also i don't see this as an entirely good signing really... would surely mean either bent/weiman/benteke will be leaving. Wouldn't be fussed about bent as we can see it coming, but it would surprise me why we are so eager to get a striker in BEFORE the market has opened when clearly defence and midfield is prority. However if it is true i'm going to trust VT opinions that we'll have a tidy player on our hands.

I'd say 99.9% it's Bent who will be leaving... (Just my opinion)

Also we will most likely be working on other deals.... (again my opinion) maybe this one just got leaked...... (if it's true)

Edited by Mattyp_avfc

The posh just went down. Besides, the premier league comes knocking and, well, you know how it works.

Deals happen when they happen, not in the order of priority. Even if we don't shift Bent, Bowery hasn't really worked out either.

True that. I just don`t wanna get my hopes up(well..again don`t really know how he plays) but it seemed to come out of nowhere all of a sudden. If true then we should see an announcement soon I would reckon? 

£4m would seem about right for someone who signed a contract 6 months after a fee of £0.5m - then again a journo could have come up with that figure.

I'll say this though, he certainly sounds like he has the character Lambert looks for. Playing his way up through the lower divisions, passionate and hungry for the game.

I'd have to wonder how well he plays when forced further wide as he would likely be played in one of the wider striker positions in our front 3. Seems like he has the pace to deal with it.

Deals happen when they happen, not in the order of priority. Even if we don't shift Bent, Bowery hasn't really worked out either.

Bit unfair to say Bowery hasn't worked out. He was purchased as a project for half a million rather than a contributor right away - our hand has been forced from time to time and he's had to play and he's generally been poor I agree. I'd give any young player we spend just half a million on at least a couple of years before branding how good or bad a deal was.

• Like 1