April Optimism Gauge

maqroll

With QPR just losing I think that's them and Reading confirmed as down and out so definitely between us and the few above us now. I'm gonna go with Sunderland dropping as the third team based on the remaining fixtures.

Sunderland have sacked MoN, that usually means that they will play better ( at least for a few games ) teams usually play a lot harder for a new manager.

Could be the un-doing of us ?!

18 'gettable' points (writing off utd away). We have to be able to muster at least 50% of those to give ourselves a chance. I think we'll manage 3 more wins and a draw.

39 points would guarantee safety, not just be enough to "give ourselves a chance". 7 points will have us safe

With QPR just losing I think that's them and Reading confirmed as down and out so definitely between us and the few above us now. I'm gonna go with Sunderland dropping as the third team based on the remaining fixtures.

Sunderland have sacked MoN, that usually means that they will play better ( at least for a few games ) teams usually play a lot harder for a new manager.

Could be the un-doing of us ?!

THere's actually nothing at all, statistically, to suggest any more than a miniscule improvement in point taking ratio under a new manager. The "phenomenon", doesn't actually exist on average. Sometimes teams see an improvement, sometimes they don't

Our run in is slightly harder than many think but looking at Sunderland's remaining games and the way we are currently playing i still believe we'll be ok but i desperately hope the last game against Wigan will be a dead rubber for both clubs as Wigan will turn us over.

Harry reckons 37 is the magic number as well. When you factor in goal difference we are 2 points behind Sunderland, we have to beat them at our place, hopefully Di Canio's inexperience will continue their demise, but I am worried about that appointment as I think players want to play for him, at least they did in League One. Our eyes have to be on Wigan, hopefully City give them a battering, that win v Newcastle still leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I just cant see 37 being enough, not unless it is us who goes down and we fall apart in the process. What I would give for a win at Stoke the weekend, but not many leave the Britannia with 3 points. Worth nothing they have only taken 5 points from their last ten games, losing to Chelsea, Swansea, Arsenal, Fulham, West Hame, Newcastle & Everton, beating Reading, and picking up draws against WBA & Wigan. Wigan have four games in 13 days after Sunday, all outside of the DW. QPR, Millwall, City, West Ham, they'll will be four very tough games. Not over yet. UTV

Think we are down and have done for three months now.

Really Rich? I don't think we are down. I think we could definitely go down, but I think we have the chance to stay up, there will be a lot of twists yet, 3 points makes such a big difference.

Fulham will be pretty much mathematically safe by the time they play us. 

Hopefully won't matter to them to beat us?

Al Fayed is pretty good mates with Lerner as well isn't he? Perhaps some sort of back room deal can be lined up.

If Chelsea beat Man City in the FA Cup semi then our game with them will get moved. No idea when to but our last home game would be midweek, either 5 days before Wigan or the week before I guess.

Edit: And if Chelsea get to the Europe League final, it can't be before Wigan as that week is when the final is. So I guess the only slot for Chelsea at home is May 7th/8th, that would be better than 5 days before Wigan.

Edited by AndyM3000

Fulham will be pretty much mathematically safe by the time they play us. 

Hopefully won't matter to them to beat us?

Al Fayed is pretty good mates with Lerner as well isn't he? Perhaps some sort of back room deal can be lined up.

that happened when they took Sidwell from us. We probably owe them now

Â