The Randy Lerner thread

CI

No he bought up ALL shares shortly after hetook over - I have the stamped share certificate to prove it - and I didn't want to sell them

That's odd, one of the (non-'itk') guys on the other linked forum said he recently got a letter about the mandatory sale of his shares. Is it possible Randy bought up to 96% of the shares soon after buying the club, then recently bought up the remaining 4%?

I too had a similar letter about 3 weeks back now.

So did he buy yours or do you still have them?

He brought everyone of the remaining 4% and no-one had a choice about it.

96% at the time of takeover, leaving 4%, which as Jimmy say's on the other page, were brought up about 3 or 4 weeks ago.

Why is the question? That remaining 4% would hold no value to Lerner, why do it now? As i said, the only reason i can think of is that it would be so he can take the club of the stockmarket or sell the club with out telling the world.

Still not convinced on a takeover. But what was the point in him doing this now? What benefit is there?

Exactly, on the face of it there seems no logical reason why he would do it. As you say there is no benefit to Lerner in buying the remaining 4% if he wasnt going to sell the club or take it off the stockmarket.

Coincidence? No smoke without fire and some things do seem to add up, so maybe...just maybe there is some truth in all this.

Still not convinced on a takeover. But what was the point in him doing this now? What benefit is there?

Exactly, on the face of it there seems no logical reason why he would do it. As you say there is no benefit to Lerner in buying the remaining 4% if he wasnt going to sell the club or take it off the stockmarket.

Coincidence? No smoke without fire and some things do seem to add up, so maybe...just maybe there is some truth in all this.

it's possible he wants to sell the club without actually telling anyone how much he got for it. this would allow him to do that right?

So you think he is going to take it off the stock market?

We haven't been on the stock market for a long time. We are privately owned by Randy Lerner's company AFAIK

This 4% thing must be a vanity purchase then.

If it was a takeover then they could just buy Randy's 96% without informing anyone then purchase the other 4% whenever.

Am I right?

it's possible he wants to sell the club without actually telling anyone how much he got for it. this would allow him to do that right?

So im led to believe, otherwise the remaining 4% would have to be notified of a possible sale, sale values etc etc.

So im led to believe, otherwise the remaining 4% would have to be notified of a possible sale, sale values etc etc.

so he's either about to take a **** massive hit, or he's managed to make himself a lot of money and doesnt want people abusing him over it

So you think he is going to take it off the stock market?

We haven't been on the stock market for a long time. We are privately owned by Randy Lerner's company AFAIK

This 4% thing must be a vanity purchase then.

If it was a takeover then they could just buy Randy's 96% without informing anyone then purchase the other 4% whenever.

Am I right?

The remaining share holders would have to be told about any sale, if he owns 100% he doesnt have to tell anyone.

Why else would you be bothered about a remaining 4% stake in the club?

There is absolutely no reason to buy the last 4% considering he already has full and absolute legal control.

Buying the last 4% means he can sell the club without informing the remaining 4% shareholders of the price he receives, or that there is genuine interest in a purchase.

Hilarious people think he is selling.

Perhaps those same people will be chuffed with some Venkeys type owners?

Could happen just as much as another City owner, grass is not always greener.

I suppose it would be something else to moan about, run the new owners out of town because they are not spend spend spending.

Â