The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Unless he sells it to a Bill Gates, it will make no difference....It will be the same mistakes made in the transfer market and no one to put it right at Bodymoor Heath....and austerity all over again.

Its like we have changed the bowler....but not the bowling.

I'd be pretty satisfied if he stays and we have another £20m net spend again this summer. It should make us better and be the next step on the road to recovery. I find it unlikely that we will find anyone else richer than him to bankroll us. If our gamble in getting financial fair play ready ahead of the rest of the league pays off it would be a big bonus too.

• Like 1

TRO is right, unless you have an owner with wealth in Gates/Mansour/Abramovic league who can sponsor the club through their business' at excessively high levels, NOTHING will change.

20m a season is enough if you have a savvy structure at the club.

IMO the only things that you can argue can be changed at this point is Paul Faulkner or Paul Lambert and the latter has done nothing to deserve losing his job.

If this ( surviving on the cheap with no ambition about the football) is what Lerner wan't with the club, then the next move really should be to hire Tony Pulis.

You keep quoting the ffp rule, any savvy chairman could user shirt sponsorship, links with teaks in other leagues, the stadium and other means of sponsorship (sale of training ground name, training kit sponsor and more) to make sure a steady income keeps the cash box flowing. Only chairman with no ambition follow it to the line and use it as an excuse.

• Like 1

I just don't get all the Lerner bashing. He spent a lot when MON was in charge and where did it get us? When MON left Lerner panicked and when were left with Houllier, whom he allowed to spend 24m on Bent. When Houllier had to go Lerner panicked once again and also realised that the wage bill needed to be brought under control and the club needed to be financially sound, which is where we find ourselves now. There are a lot worse owners out there, look at Leeds and Pompey!

Lerner's recent and current financial policy is self evident. Whether we agree or disagree with it, is open to debate.

What isn't up for debate is the total disrespect that Lerner is showing to the AVFC customer base by refusing to communicate with us in anyway. We spend a lot of time, money and emotion on being Villa fans, and yet Randy totally ignores us while trying to recoup some of his ill judged losses. Will next season be better, or will we continue with our annual bottom half struggles? How the hell are we supposed to know what to expect? I will always be a Villa fan, but I may well give up being a Villa customer at the end of this season.

It's over to you Randy …. say something …. anything!

Lerner's recent and current financial policy is self evident. Whether we agree or disagree with it, is open to debate.

What isn't up for debate is the total disrespect that Lerner is showing to the AVFC customer base by refusing to communicate with us in anyway. We spend a lot of time, money and emotion on being Villa fans, and yet Randy totally ignores us while trying to recoup some of his ill judged losses. Will next season be better, or will we continue with our annual bottom half struggles? How the hell are we supposed to know what to expect? I will always be a Villa fan, but I may well give up being a Villa customer at the end of this season.

I never really understand this argument. What do you want him to say?

"We've been running at a huge loss for the past 5 years. We're now trying something different, to build a competitive squad whilst being self-sufficient as a business."

Because that's all we are doing. And Faulkner/Lambert has stated that many times. I don't really know why you need Randy to say it too? He employed Faulkner to do that for him.

"We've been running at a huge loss for the past 5 years. We're now trying something different, to build a competitive squad whilst being self-sufficient as a business."

Because that's all we are doing. And Faulkner/Lambert has stated that many times. I don't really know why you need Randy to say it too? He employed Faulkner to do that for him.

While you're answering for Randy perhaps you can tell me whether he's prepared to pay high enough wages to attract several experienced quality footballers? Or has he said that we will have to go with low waged hopeful signings again this summer. Has he said that he's aware that our current situation is unacceptable, or is it his view that as long as we survive more of the same would be okay. Are we a club that still retains dignity and ambition, or are we a failing business desperately looking for a new owner? The silence is deafening!

Out of interest has there been any Lerner out banners or protests at Villa Park? Is he aware how much we want him gone?

I refused to ever go to a game again while Lerner in charge after he appointed Mcleish so I wouldn't know. I admire all the fans that continue to show great support for the team though.

While you're answering for Randy perhaps you can tell me whether he's prepared to pay high enough wages to attract several experienced quality footballers? Or has he said that we will have to go with low waged hopeful signings again this summer. Has he said that he's aware that our current situation is unacceptable, or is it his view that as long as we survive more of the same would be okay. Are we a club that still retains dignity and ambition, or are we a failing business desperately looking for a new owner? The silence is deafening!

No chairman would give that sort of information out though. So not sure why Randy would.

What Faulkner has said though is that Lambert has been given transfer money and a wage structure to work with.  Lambert can do what the hell he likes with it. Do you want Randy to actually give you specifics in what the wage structure is?

Situation is unacceptable for who? You or him? We're 12th in the league, is that really unacceptable? I'm sure Randy thinks losing millions every year is not an acceptable situation for him either.

Our ambition is as stated in the previous post, to build a competitive team whilst being self sufficient as a business. 

Faulkner has recently come out and said we are not for sale. So, I guess we're not for sale.  

Edited by PieFacE

Out of interest has there been any Lerner out banners or protests at Villa Park? Is he aware how much we want him gone?

I think that those who want him gone are a small vocal minority.   Most people don't want him gone.

Â