The Randy Lerner thread

CI

... I cant at 28 ...

Yes, well, there's the difference ... you at 28 and me at 68, and you argue using all the muscles of your brain ... not the heart. You haven't yet acquired the experience. I didn't really begin to understand life until I was 32, and if you look at the books of wisdom they all say that is the case. Thirty years have to pass before you begin to understand - until then you are merely acquiring information and training for life.

I can look at the current world and understand it ... and I can also see where it's going if it were to be allowed to as you seem to wish.

I'll leave it at that. It's all going to get its come uppance pretty soon.

The thing is, when Randy finally step in, and MON resigned, he was roundly criticised on here for not backing the manager.

Must say I don't recall that bit - the overriding sentiment on here was anti-MON, almost regarding him as a traitor, with Randy cast as the innocent victim who had his money spunked away by a reckless manager.

And a brave few seem to be sticking to that view even though it has become increasingly apparent that Lerner/Faulkner's judgement has been suspect throughout their stewardship of Villa.

And in denial of the obvious point that any properly functioning organisation needs to monitor and approve its spending separate from the managers who actually do the spending. If Lerner wasn't doing that, it truly was a rubbish operation.

Strange, I don't recall much anti-MON resentment on here when he threw his toys out of the pram.

Then I would say you are suffering from memory lapse.

Sorry, how do you know what conditions MON would work in? The only way MoN would stay is if he could screw the club up?

And you truly believe an independent tribunal who heard all the facts awarded a large compensation package to Mon because he refused to sort out the finances and just quit? Really? :lol:

And now you are guessing as well. None of us know the reason for him reason, we don't know if the compensation was unpaid bonus's etc or compestation due to constructive dismisal.

Claiming that any compensation is proof that MON was some how in the right is complete speculation and therefore utter bollocks.

The thing is, when Randy finally step in, and MON resigned, he was roundly criticised on here for not backing the manager.

Must say I don't recall that bit - the overriding sentiment on here was anti-MON, almost regarding him as a traitor, with Randy cast as the innocent victim who had his money spunked away by a reckless manager.

And a brave few seem to be sticking to that view even though it has become increasingly apparent that Lerner/Faulkner's judgement has been suspect throughout their stewardship of Villa.

And in denial of the obvious point that any properly functioning organisation needs to monitor and approve its spending separate from the managers who actually do the spending. If Lerner wasn't doing that, it truly was a rubbish operation.

Strange, I don't recall much anti-MON resentment on here when he threw his toys out of the pram.

Nah, don't think so.

Sorry, how do you know what conditions MON would work in? The only way MoN would stay is if he could screw the club up?

And you truly believe an independent tribunal who heard all the facts awarded a large compensation package to Mon because he refused to sort out the finances and just quit? Really? :lol:

And now you are guessing as well. None of us know the reason for him reason, we don't know if the compensation was unpaid bonus's etc or compestation due to constructive dismisal.

Claiming that any compensation is proof that MON was some how in the right is complete speculation and therefore utter bollocks.

Indeed.

but MON wouldn't work under any conditions except his own. When Randy finally tried to sort the problem out, MON quit

And you know that for a fact?

but MON wouldn't work under any conditions except his own. When Randy finally tried to sort the problem out, MON quit

You dont even know if this compensation was the remainder of his rolling contract or what so why second guess that it means MON was in the right.

Nah, don't think so.

Well you are wrong, very wrong in fact. Those defending O'Neill after he walked 5 days ahead of the season were few and far between.

All a bit tiresome, but for the umpteenth time, MON did not quit, he was FIRED!

How do you figure that?

How do you figure that?

From the man who hired him?

How do you figure that?

So you are saying that either Randy or Paul Faulkner fired him and that they have told you this directly? Can I ask how you came to be having this conversation and got an exclusive that not even the national press have managed to get.

Because that would make liars of a number of people who have told the tale of O'Neill turning up and giving his resignation letter to Faulkner.

How do you figure that?

So you are saying that either Randy or Paul Faulkner fired him and that they have told you this directly? Can I ask how you came to be having this conversation and got an exclusive that not even the national press have managed to get.

Because that would make liars of a number of people who have told the tale of O'Neill turning up and giving his resignation letter to Faulkner.

I think that you are putting words into my mouth.

Anyone within earshot of the indiscreet utterances by the person concerned was aware. The subsequent, albeit much further down the line, compensation agreement, with the (assumed) gagging clause tended to give those utterances an awful lot of credence.

Anyone within earshot of the indiscreet utterances by the person concerned was aware. The subsequent, albeit much further down the line, compensation agreement, with the (assumed) gagging clause tended to give those utterances an awful lot of credence.

Just to confirm then, the club, Paul Falkner and Randy Lerner lied to us with the following statement

A club statement this afternoon said: "Aston Villa can confirm that Martin O'Neill has resigned as manager of the football club with immediate effect.

Actually no I'm doing nothing of the sort I was asking you questions because I asked you how you knew this and you said "from the mouth of the person who sacked him". That to me suggests you are saying that the person who sacked him told you, that would be Randy or Faulkner.

So no I'm not putting words in your mouth I'm drawing the rather obvious conclusion that your vague response to my initial question caused.

I have literally no idea what you are talking about here.

I would though point out that paying compensation doesn't mean someone was fired. For instance someone can claim constructive dismissal and win but it doesn't mean that they were actually fired. My personal view is this is what the tribunal and payout were related to.

Just to confirm then, the club, Paul Falkner and Randy Lerner lied to us with the following statement

A club statement this afternoon said: "Aston Villa can confirm that Martin O'Neill has resigned as manager of the football club with immediate effect.

I guess that you would then be getting into the debate of why a man who resigned was awarded compensation, which I think has been done.

I guess that you would then be getting into the debate of why a man who resigned was awarded compensation, which I think has been done.

It may well have 'been done' but none of us know the truth of the matter so any conclusions drawn are but conjecture.

So you said you heard from the "horse's mouth", which means that more people could have heard it, and therefore, MON would have surely let someone in the press know, as the idea that he resigned has tarnished his name, no only with Villa fans, but with other football chairman etc as well.

It may well have 'been done' but none of us know the truth of the matter so any conclusions drawn are but conjecture.

i would think that one or two do.....

So you said you heard from the "horse's mouth", which means that more people could have heard it, and therefore, MON would have surely let someone in the press know, as the idea that he resigned has tarnished his name, no only with Villa fans, but with other football chairman etc as well.

Looking at what you originally said, it was Doug that told you he was fired.

Like I said in the above though, I don't see why MON would let the footballing world think he quit, doesn't make any sense for someone like MON who is so concerned about himself as a brand.

Â