The Randy Lerner thread

CI

It might be time to stop moaning about what's gone on and start thinking about the rest of this season and the future.

What do you think of the apparent plan for the next few years?

No point going on about the past anymore

Its not just the past its the present. In terms of the future all we know is info from a journalist who usually acts as the mouth piece for the club.

If we have around £20 million to spend in the summer along with any money the sale of benteke brings. If we are able to offer competitive wages to sign new players then I'll certainly be more behind that plan for the future. But at the moment I don't know if that's the plan or if we will once again have limited wages to offer and premiership survival with low costs is our aim.

And until there's evidence of a change I think its more than fair to compare our club history to our present and show just how bad we've become under this owner.

That's the point, it hasn't changed BJ managers have been given roughly the same amount every year as for wages no one knows what our budget is realistically as we have brought cheap young players why would we pay them more than what they are worth?

Your overly negative when the evidence shows what you would be 'more behind' is exactly the plan for next season and always has been since Lambert came here.

If we have around £20 million to spend in the summer along with any money the sale of benteke brings

NOT a chance in hell. Any money we spend will be the money from the inevitable Benteke sale which begs the question how much of that we'll need to spend just to replace him ?

3/4 of it no doubt.

as for wages no one knows what our budget is

Its quite clear its limited hence the players we've ended up signing.

If that doesn't change much in the summer then we'll end up with similar players.

In terms of fees HH said we spent clost to £10 million in the summer. That's £10 million less than you claim he has every summer.

And TBH Kendrick is basically a mouth piece for the club

Better than no mouthpiece

Is it? Might as well have the general telling us McLeish can finish 4th then.

My guess would be that whilst Lerner is still around we'll continue as we are until he finds a buyer. The only difference maybe is that Lambert might be able to spend what little he has on two or three players rather than six or seven.

Big John

The late 70's was a golden era in the prelude to winning the league & European cup in 81 & 82. We finished with well over 50 points every season, usually in the top 6, once in the top 4. In addition, we won the league cup in 77. Not sure why you think we were so poor during this period but I can assure you we were not. 

• Like 1

what some also forget is that Vic Crowe left some good kids from the academy, he did a good job with the youth set up....not winning cups getting players for the first team.

I'm not as well informed as some on here in regards to the clubs finances, but when I read that Randy Lerner has spent £ 250 Million on refurbs and players my logic is telling me most of that must be players.

I know players are not cheap these days, but if I had a squad like ours, after spending that kind of money, I would be beside myself.

What in the name of......have we been doing?

I would love to know how many of those players he chose.?

Â