Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

I don't particularly rate him, on the ball he isn't up to scratch, but he's a decent presence and you shouldn't change a winning team, especially one that has just beaten City, so he should definitely keep his place.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I'd consider resting Delph, putting Westy back in and pushing KEA to the left where Delph was playing. It's nice to have competition for places in the middle of the park for once.

He'll have a rest after next week. We cant rest our best midfield player surely.

I don't particularly rate him, on the ball he isn't up to scratch, but he's a decent presence and you shouldn't change a winning team, especially one that has just beaten City, so he should definitely keep his place.

Never really believed in that as if Benteke was fit say, which he wont be I know, then how can you not change a winning team then!

Never really believed in that as if Benteke was fit say, which he wont be I know, then how can you not change a winning team then!

Ok, that's special circumstance, lol.

I'd consider resting Delph, putting Westy back in and pushing KEA to the left where Delph was playing. It's nice to have competition for places in the middle of the park for once.

He'll have a rest after next week. We cant rest our best midfield player surely.

I don't think we have to rest players, unless they have lost their form. Which in the old days meant that you were dropped. We don't exactly have any cup or European matches to worry about. No extra fixtures until January, in a 38 game league. We might only play 41 matches this season, whereas a team like Swansea will be playing 50+.

I don't think we have to rest players, unless they have lost their form. Which in the old days meant that you were dropped. We don't exactly have any cup or European matches to worry about. No extra fixtures until January, in a 38 game league. We might only play 41 matches this season, whereas a team like Swansea will be playing 50+.

I agree to a certain extent but look at Weimann last year, he tired severely towards the end along with Lowton. It's important to evenly match the guys so that everyone sticks the distance and not just chuck in the in form players week in and out to maybe get an injury because of too much strain.

I presume that Lambert already knows this tho.

Well he didn't play against Spurs in the cup! Anyway we've no involvement in Europe, we've only got the league and FA cup to concern us.  6 games into the season with a 3 week break we don't need to concern ourselves about resting players at this stage. Maybe later in the season!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

After Westwood's performance today I think it's fair to say that Sylla deserves a chance now.

Looked calm on the ball as per usual when he was brought on and he'd certainly help us to defend against teams, just like he did after being brought in initially.

I wouldn't. Lambert wouldn't even drop his golden boy Westwood for Xavi it would seem.

He dropped Lowton.

Yet he hasn't dropped Westwood or Weimann who have argueably been playing worse then Lowton was. I'll believe he is capable of dropping Westwood when I see it.

Can't understand why this guy isn't in the team, would like to see a midfield trio of Westwood sylla and delph. I would love to see our win percentages with this guy in the midfield

Yeah, we played at our best last season with this trio and I am not sure why it hasn't even been tried once this season. 

Â