Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Look at the players signed in the summer? Do you really think he would have confinue to cut the wage bill if he didn't have to?

Neither us know the goings on behind the scenes at the club so it's unfair to claim to know we know of alleged restrictions like that.

Neither us know the goings on behind the scenes at the club so it's unfair to claim to know we know of alleged restrictions like that.

Where did I claim that I knew anything.

If Lerner wanted to cut wages then he won't want to start adding more players on big wages.

That's strange reasoning. We haven't bought anyone in the first 12 days of the window therefore Lambert has his hands tied?

Well he had 20m or so in the summer to sign players on a capped wage structure so there is one example.

Yes so far 12 days gone in a window but add these 12 days to the last 20 and you will find we have been raped and conceeded 18 goals in the last five lge games and scoring only 2 goals is another example.

We are 5 points off of 20th position with no sign with this current group of players of ever getting out of that position but only deeper in it combined with what Hairy Hands and PL all say themselves is true and that if it is going to be difficult to sign players and "5m on a player" is out the question then for a team in our dire position then this is the finest example of why Lamberts hands are firmly tied and we are **** as a club!

I'm not claiming anything. Just look at the facts.

I wonder what it will take for you to blame the owner?

It's a fact that Lambert isn't allowed to sign players on more than 30k a week?

Actually, if you'd just read my posts properly you'd see that I said just a few pages ago "Lerner definitely has to shoulder some of the blame".

Well he had 20m or so in the summer to sign players on a capped wage structure so there is one example.

Yes so far 12 days gone in a window but add these 12 days to the last 20 and you will find we have been raped and conceeded 18 goals in the last five lge games and scoring only 2 goals is another example.

We are 5 points off of 20th position with no sign with this current group of players of ever getting out of that position but only deeper in it combined with what Hairy Hands and PL all say themselves is true and that if it is going to be difficult to sign players and "5m on a player" is out the question then for a team in our dire position then this is the finest example of why Lamberts hands are firmly tied and we are **** as a club!

So far most things are just rumours. The "£6m a player" comment only seemed to suggest that Lambert would make no big money signings, not that he wouldn't have any money to spend at all. There's a big difference between spending no more than "£6m on a player" than "£6m on players". Edited by Mantis

How is it "unfair"? The facts speak for themselves, Lambert signed players who would all be earning very low wages compared to the norm for the premier league. He has made it clear publicly in the last few days that he is under financial constraints. We do not need to know what's going "on behind the scenes" to be be aware of the "restrictions"

Mantis do you think we have a wage structure.

Of course we do, I'm just scepitcal that Lambert isn't allowed to sign players on more than 30k a week.

How is it "unfair"? The facts speak for themselves, Lambert signed players who would all be earning very low wages compared to the norm for the premier league. He has made it clear publicly in the last few days that he is under financial constraints. We do not need to know what's going "on behind the scenes" to be be aware of the "restrictions"

Because none of us know what goes on behind the scenes. We know there are restrictions (as with every club) but don't know the details of these restrictions. Edited by Mantis

At half-time today, my patience finally ran out. I want Lambert to be sacked. I've been hoping for quite a while that we'll eventually turn a corner, but I've now reached the point that I've given up and have accepted the inevitable fate of relegation. Some of the decisions made this season have been truly baffling:

• Selling 2 experienced CB's in the summer and only signing 1.
  • Going into the season with 3 fit CB's (2 of them very much untested in the Premier League). It was obvious that Dunne was going to be out for a long time as well.
  • Wasting £6m on signing 2 fullbacks when neither of them were a priority position (we already had 4).
  • Completely bombing out both Hutton and Warnock even though we're paying their wages. We definitely could've done with taking some of our younger players out of the firing line and maybe playing one of these. They honestly can't have done any worse.
  • Not noticing that we needed a ball winning midfielder, and at least 1 winger.
  • El Ahmadi.
  • His stubborn persistence playing formations that aren't working (diamond earlier in the season and 3 at the back).
  • Making Bent captain and then removing it 3 weeks later.
  • Finding a way to stop Darren Bent scoring goals.
  • The embarrassing Xmas period.

I agree with people complaining about Lerner and the way he has run this football club over the last few years. I still think, however, that Lambert was given enough resources in the summer to keep this team away from relegation (around 11th-15th). It quite clearly isn't working. I honestly don't know why the fans are being so patient with him. I can only assume it's because he followed McLeish.

• Like 2

Of course we do, I'm just scepitcal that Lambert isn't allowed to sign players on more than 30k a week.

Because none of us know what goes on behind the scenes. We know there are restrictions (as with every club) but don't know the details of these restrictions.

That's ridiculous we can see with our eyes that wages are clearly a factor when it comes to signing players.

That's ridiculous we can see with our eyes that wages are clearly a factor when it comes to signing players.

Of course, but none of us know for sure that there's a cap on 30k.

Well no one likes getting beat , but people especially don't like losing to their local rivials...next game should we lose will see the fans turn completely on PL and Lerner and the Board

Can't see it. People will continue to blame it entirely on Lerner when Lambert is just as much to blame as well.

No doubt I'll get criticised again for supposedly absolving Lerner of all blame so let me make this clear: LERNER IS TO BLAME AS WELL.

Edited by Mantis

Because none of us know what goes on behind the scenes. We know there are restrictions (as with every club) but don't know the details of these restrictions.

Mantis I chose 30 grand a week purely as a figure. If we have a squad of 25 first team players I doubt will we have anyone on anywhere near £50,000 a week if we stay in the premiership

Of course, but none of us know for sure that there's a cap on 30k.

Can't see it. People will continue to blame it entirely on Lerner when Lambert is just as much to blame as well.

No doubt I'll get criticised again for supposedly absolving Lerner of all blame so let me make this clear: LERNER IS TO BLAME AS WELL.

I wouldn't claim to know whether its 25, 30, 35k etc but all the summer signings suggested that its low and a wage cap has been imposed.