Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I can't see anything but relegation now with Rab C McFuckwit in charge, hes a dead man walking and has absolutely no ideas on how to get us out of this mess. With another manager we may have a slim chance and I think that slim chance has to be better than nothing.

I have just frozen my nuts off watching our piss poor team lose to an even more piss poor team but talking about Curbishley is **** ridiculous!!

I am not going to defend Lambert but FFS .,.. But Curbishley would be no better!

There is no point talking about PL going - our only hope is to pray that three other clubs perform worse.

However Lerner has well & truly **** our club and either needs to invest or sell!!

I was pleased when we got him in the Summer but to be fair I would have been happy with anyone after McLeish, but have to say he looks clueless and has no idea how to change things, totally different to this tactical genius we were led to believe we were getting.

This is probably more suited for this topic, wrote to the relegation topic:

What's wrong in the team is that we don't have anyone to dictate the tempo/game and take the responsibility to make things happen. Westwood is good for calming the game down and keeping everything neat and tidy but he's not that sort of player. Lerner and Lambert needs to buy a midfielder who can put his foot down on the game but I can't see Lambert turning the team around even with anyone like that.

I had high hopes for Lambert but he clearly can't motivate the players to fight and they look like they've lost faith in him too.

I know Mark Hughes probably wouldn't be choice for most people but is there anyone else to take the job?

As long as Lerner doesn't want to invest in personnel to get us out of this mess, it doesn't matter if we have Mourinho managing us...we'd still be the same. Paul Lambert does take some of the blame, but sacking him will get us absolutely nowhere. Let's say a Curbishley comes in and goes on a similar run of losing games (which is extremely likely). What then? If Alex McLeish got a full season (where in games like these he didn't even try to get something out of and still lost), PL deserves at least that long too.

Do you have proof that Curbs would fair no better??

Rumors are strife he has 'lost' the dressing room. If that is the case, then a new manager can only help sort that as nothing Lambert can do now will change things.

Lambert has stumbled from one shit decision to another and created his own problems by pissing Bent about and signing lower league rubbish.

collymore on talksport saying him and Ian Taylor have offered their services to Villa in the scouting for new players

If theres no money for players as has been rumoured, what is the point?

Edited by R.I.C.O.

Who said this? Entirely possible, but on the other hand, but you need some evidence

Well, I haven't but if you could be bothered to rake through several threads on here, there are several posters who have said this appears to be the case.

The only knowledge I have is what we are drip-fed through the club or media. I have no 'sources' or 'links' inside the club and was just relaying what others had suggested. I think they may be right though, as the lack of desire from the off is astonishing.

As for Lambert, the most condemning thing I can say about him is he's WORSE than Mcleish.

Do you have proof that Curbs would fair no better??

Rumors are strife he has 'lost' the dressing room. If that is the case, then a new manager can only help sort that as nothing Lambert can do now will change things.

Lambert has stumbled from one shit decision to another and created his own problems by pissing Bent about and signing lower league rubbish.

Asks for proof, uses rumours to back up point of view. Nice.

collymore on talksport saying him and Ian Taylor have offered their services to Villa in the scouting for new players

Unless scouting is some sort of euphemism for kidnapping, I can't see his help being of much use - the general consensus seems to be that it's not identifying players that's the problem =(