Paul Lambert

Pilchard

WBA were in freefall - until Hodgson came in and sorted the defence. If Lambert can sort out the defence I am sure we will be fine. If he doesn't we won't be.

Lambert has never been able to sort a defence, everywhere he has been the defending has been crap

Norwich fan here. I last posted on here directly after the game between ourselves and Villa. I accept that you are alarmed because you are in the relegation zone. But you have had a very difficult run of fixtures. It was always a distinct possibility that you were going to be in the relegation zone by the end of November given the calibre of opposition you were up against. But the good news is that nothing is cut and dried in November. It is about what happens in May that is important. I think you are starting to get there and in general the performances look like they are on an upward curve. The results I believe will follow for you just like they have for us. Just over a month ago I would imagine we were favourites to finish dead last. But we were getting used to a new manager with different ideas. We look like we have really turned the corner since beating Arsenal. There is no reason you cannot do the same against them on Saturday.

Calling for Harry Redknapp to replace Paul Lambert is very premature and shot sighted. A lot of money will chucked at older players. The best case scenario being that you temporarily survive but effectively be back in the same position a couple years down the line with an expensive squad that is no longer fit for purpose. The worst case scenario being relegation with an expensively assembled squad. Redknapp has form for this with Southampton so it should not be dismissed as a distinct possibility. There is a clear vision and plan in what Lambert is trying to do. It represents your best chance of breaking the current malaise you find your club in. If you keep your nerve and stick with him I am convinced Villa will reap the benefits for a long time to come. However it was never going to happen overnight.

You are welcome here any time. By the way grats on last weekends victory. happy for you!

Lambert has never been able to sort a defence, everywhere he has been the defending has been crap

Defending has indeed never been Lambert's strong suit. But you start to see the advantages of his attacking mindset in the coming weeks. Last season when he was our manager we had a fantastic record of picking off teams around us. I believe that a significant reason for this was our positive approach. Often the opposition were expecting and preparing for the game to be a very cagey affair because the stakes were high. Instead they were up against a team full of attacking intent.

But you have had a very difficult run of fixtures.

Lets take a look at that.

West Ham (A)

Everton (H)

Newcastle (A)

Swansea (H)

Southampton (A)

West Brom (H)

Tottenham (A)

Fulham (A)

Norwich (H)

Sunderland (A)

Man U (H)

Man City (A)

Apart from the Manchester games and possibly Everton who we normally take points off, the rest of those fixtures are winnable and we certainly shouldn't be in the bottom three.

Norwich fan here. I last posted on here directly after the game between ourselves and Villa. I accept that you are alarmed because you are in the relegation zone. But you have had a very difficult run of fixtures. It was always a distinct possibility that you were going to be in the relegation zone by the end of November given the calibre of opposition you were up against. But the good news is that nothing is cut and dried in November. It is about what happens in May that is important. I think you are starting to get there and in general the performances look like they are on an upward curve. The results I believe will follow for you just like they have for us. Just over a month ago I would imagine we were favourites to finish dead last. But we were getting used to a new manager with different ideas. We look like we have really turned the corner since beating Arsenal. There is no reason you cannot do the same against them on Saturday.

Calling for Harry Redknapp to replace Paul Lambert is very premature and shot sighted. A lot of money will chucked at older players. The best case scenario being that you temporarily survive but effectively be back in the same position a couple years down the line with an expensive squad that is no longer fit for purpose. The worst case scenario being relegation with an expensively assembled squad. Redknapp has form for this with Southampton so it should not be dismissed as a distinct possibility. There is a clear vision and plan in what Lambert is trying to do. It represents your best chance of breaking the current malaise you find your club in. If you keep your nerve and stick with him I am convinced Villa will reap the benefits for a long time to come. However it was never going to happen overnight.

Spot on there.

Very good post. I agree and I hope you are right! He worked wonders at Norwich and that couldn't have been just a massive chunk of luck. He knows what he's doing.

The now sacked Di Matteo

"The second yellow card [shown to Torres] wasn't one and the decisive goal was offside," said Di Matteo.

"It is a shame a game like this had to be decided in that manner by officials. Surely when the referee watches it he will realise he has made big mistakes.

"Fernando put the ball between Jonny Evans's legs and he was kicked on the shin and went down. Whatever way you want to see it that is our foul and a yellow card for their player, not ours."

Compare that to what Lambert says and i see no difference, both criticise a performance of the ref but one gets banned and the other didn't.

All the evidence is in my post and backed to the hill.

It's the morons that skip read it and keep chatting the same bollocks time after time. - You also fall into this catagory!7

Thats all very nice but would that also include the moron that hasn't read my reply to his post at all or has just chosen to ignore it? :mrgreen:

I think Lambert's ban says it all about the 'sport'.

It's a **** joke. Handball given when it doesn't touch a player. Shouldn't the FA be looking at the pathetic officiating?

Another reason, along with our shitness and the general shitness of football whyI've had enough of it all. It's not a sport.

It's a **** joke. Handball given when it doesn't touch a player. Shouldn't the FA be looking at the pathetic officiating?

Another reason, along with our shitness and the general shitness of football whyI've had enough of it all. It's not a sport.

The referees need more protection from the FA than managers because referees get no support form anyone else (moreover, they hardly get any support from the FA). The job is hard enough without the endless criticism and this sort of behaviour rubs off on grass routes football and the problem just perpetuates. It is correct to punish it. I get your point about inconsistency though.

'Pathetic officiating' is dealt with by the FA. Referee's are always being dropped and low marks have a serious affect on them. You can't get above 49% in your score if you make a 'game changing decision' which is wrong. The FA punishes and criticises referees themselves. Leave it to them, not the bias players and the managers (who have no idea what they are talking about anyway. The amount of times they have misstated the law in post-match interviews is laughable).

Lambert has been banned for saying something he shouldn't. Excellent example to the young players he has just purchased.

Lambert has been banned for saying something he shouldn't. Excellent example to the young players he has just purchased.

Bringing in his purchases into every debate. He could have challenged it i.e. (Terry) but instead he accepted and will take his punishment so what example are we talking about here?

The now sacked Di Matteo

"The second yellow card [shown to Torres] wasn't one and the decisive goal was offside," said Di Matteo.

"It is a shame a game like this had to be decided in that manner by officials. Surely when the referee watches it he will realise he has made big mistakes.

"Fernando put the ball between Jonny Evans's legs and he was kicked on the shin and went down. Whatever way you want to see it that is our foul and a yellow card for their player, not ours."

Compare that to what Lambert says and i see no difference, both criticise a performance of the ref but one gets banned and the other didn't.

The difference is, Di Matteo manages one of the Top 4 teams, whereas Lambert doesn't. If that penalty had been given against say Man Utd, we wouldn't hear the end of it and the referee and linesman wouldn't be allowed to ref a MAn Utd match again, whereas we have to put up with incompetent officials and take their decisions on the chin time after time mentioning no names (Phil Dowd).

On a side note, over the last couple of years we seem to have given away far too many penalties, and rarely seem to get any ourselves. The same goes with Red Cards. I would be interesting to see how the numbers tally up, where is a good site to see these stats?