Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Were you asleep during the MON era?

Again this mirrors the MON era.

I wouldn't call 6m on Parker good business. He always seemes to be injured due to his age and this level proberly taking it's toll on him too.

We spent the money (like you want Redknapp to come and do to create this quick fix of paradise football) in MON era and we are recovering from it now because either randy held the wallet back or MON downed tools whatever excuse it was it has taken its toll on the club and we have just stopped that rot now. **** facing this position again in 3 or 4 years if Redknapp decides to 'down tools and piss off'.

We are not in the position to go about it like that anymore and as rosey as it sounds and hats off to the nouse of the man Harry potter won't be replacing any manager at villa park - whos only had his arse in the door 5 minutes, any time soon.

It is not a case of a poor long term option it is more of a case he just does not fit the bill for what we are now doing as a club anymore.

I don't just want 4 year quick fixes because as short term squeeky bum as it is the recovery jobs are a **** nightmare after every 3/4 yr cycle.

Since John Gregory left this vicious cycle is how it has been for the last 14 or so years.

• Yes he gave us highs but we missed the chance to kick on - he left.
  • We hired GT to 'trim the wage bill and steady the ship'. - we avoid relegation and he leaves.
  • Then we hired DOL - 1 good season the rest a nightmare. Flirting with relegation and a "player protest". He is given the golden handshake and departs to make way for the new owner and manager.
  • MON is hired then a new owner arrives. MON's task - clear out the dead wood from the last 2 managers and keep the team up. So 3 years later and shitloads of new players in and out and millions spent and wasted we again fail to 'kick on' to the next level and again disaster strikes! MON leaves.
  • GH is hired after a huge commotion. His task - Trim the wage bill and keep us safe. He leaves due to ill health.
  • Along comes Eck. His task - to again trim the wage bill and keep us in the premier league!. We just avoid relegation and he is sacked.
  • Paul Lambert is hired. The objective - Trim the wage bill, get rid of the deadwood and build a new young vibrant team.

Let's take a moment to interupt this and go in the way of 'Redknapp arriving'.

• PL sacked after 6 months and spending 20m on 8 players after panic kicks in.
  • HR is hired. His objective - Splash the cash and sign a team that will gaurantee us top 8 football. Over the space of 3 years HR spends millions on players with big wages. We flirt with champions league football but never 'kick on'. HR leaves.
  • A new manager is hired. His objective - Trim the wage bill and keep us safe!

THIS CYCLE HAS TO STOP NOW!!!

As for your long term stance I feel we need to now take mirrored image approach the same as Arsenal like they did when they hired Wenger.

A young fairly unproven manager was brought in to build a brand new young vibrant team. 17 years later take a look at them! He has built a dynasty and are never outside of the top 4.

PL has not hung around at clubs so far because he was never going to until he found a bigger club to better his portfolio - Norwich came along and look what he achieved there.

PL is now at an even bigger club with the status we have and he knows this.

If allowed and given the right time and backing there is no reason why he can't mirror the Arsenal dynasty Wenger created and do the same here with us. If so I doubt for one he would be in any hurry to leave.

Half took the words out my mouth pelle.

There is nothing wrong at all advocating and supporting the construction of a new vibrant young team. Any fan with only a few marbles left running around his head would agree that would be the ideal scenario, but is it actually realistic for a club like ours?

Consider this. Lets say Lambert's philosophy is a success and we eventually pull away from the trap door to the relative safety of mid table by the end of the season. During that time Benteke keeps improving, scores a hatful and Lambert's other signings also prove to be a success. How long do you think it will take for those players to be cherry picked? True or false, rumour has it that Benteke is already using us as a stepping stone.

We are not Man U, Chelsea or Man City who can continually keep their young successful players happy by constantly challenging for honours, or offering them enough money to stay so when our chairman receives a double your money offer for Benteke or Westwood, Lambert will more than likely replace those players with younger less experienced players again and so the cycle continues. Another Crewe if you like and with the same amount of success.

The way to break the cycle you have just criticized and the one i'm predicting using Lambert's philosophy is to use an amalgamation of the two.

Lambert has used too much of one and not enough of the other and thats why we are currently where we are.

Hahaha

Thanks for naming players which are currently part of an arsenal team that seems to be struggling and sees an ever growing pressure placed on Wenger.

Pay attention.

When arsenal were amazing how many players did he sign from lower leagues?

Pay attention.

A fair few of them?? just not from this country - fabregas hadn't even had first team experience! Ljungberg from lower league abroad, Vieira came lower league france, before going to milan and bascially never kicking a ball. All had no experience at all of what they went on to do.

Are you really going to compare fabregas to someone like Westwood?

He bought young quality from abroad not from lower league football in England.

Are you really going to say you knew a 16yr old kid from spain was going to turn out like he did?? which was also before they dominated the world.

I also didnt compare them - you said wenger didn't buy from lower leagues - he did. But let me guess, it was from a different country, that suits your argument better.

hmmm, i think a lot of you will be eating humble pie regarding signings from lower leagues. it's not glamorous but with what you save initially, if only half of them turn out decent then you're up a lot in terms of transfers and wages. then if they are really good you make a killing if a CL club come and get them.

anyone remember the lad we got from watford? what was his name? very lightweight, falls over a bit, went to united...

hmmm, i think a lot of you will be eating humble pie regarding signings from lower leagues. it's not glamorous but with what you save initially, if only half of them turn out decent then you're up a lot in terms of transfers and wages. then if they are really good you make a killing if a CL club come and get them.

anyone remember the lad we got from watford? what was his name? very lightweight, falls over a bit, went to united...

But if they don't turn more than decent pretty soon we might get relegated and the money saved on transfers will be lost times a hundred. Lambert and Lerner has taken a huge gamble.

Were you asleep during the MON era?

Again this mirrors the MON era.

I wouldn't call 6m on Parker good business. He always seemes to be injured due to his age and this level proberly taking it's toll on him too.

We spent the money (like you want Redknapp to come and do to create this quick fix of paradise football) in MON era and we are recovering from it now because either randy held the wallet back or MON downed tools whatever excuse it was it has taken its toll on the club and we have just stopped that rot now. **** facing this position again in 3 or 4 years if Redknapp decides to 'down tools and piss off'.

We are not in the position to go about it like that anymore and as rosey as it sounds and hats off to the nouse of the man Harry potter won't be replacing any manager at villa park - whos only had his arse in the door 5 minutes, any time soon.

It is not a case of a poor long term option it is more of a case he just does not fit the bill for what we are now doing as a club anymore.

I don't just want 4 year quick fixes because as short term squeeky bum as it is the recovery jobs are a **** nightmare after every 3/4 yr cycle.

Since John Gregory left this vicious cycle is how it has been for the last 14 or so years.

• Yes he gave us highs but we missed the chance to kick on - he left.
  • We hired GT to 'trim the wage bill and steady the ship'. - we avoid relegation and he leaves.
  • Then we hired DOL - 1 good season the rest a nightmare. Flirting with relegation and a "player protest". He is given the golden handshake and departs to make way for the new owner and manager.
  • MON is hired then a new owner arrives. MON's task - clear out the dead wood from the last 2 managers and keep the team up. So 3 years later and shitloads of new players in and out and millions spent and wasted we again fail to 'kick on' to the next level and again disaster strikes! MON leaves.
  • GH is hired after a huge commotion. His task - Trim the wage bill and keep us safe. He leaves due to ill health.
  • Along comes Eck. His task - to again trim the wage bill and keep us in the premier league!. We just avoid relegation and he is sacked.
  • Paul Lambert is hired. The objective - Trim the wage bill, get rid of the deadwood and build a new young vibrant team.

Let's take a moment to interupt this and go in the way of 'Redknapp arriving'.

• PL sacked after 6 months and spending 20m on 8 players after panic kicks in.
  • HR is hired. His objective - Splash the cash and sign a team that will gaurantee us top 8 football. Over the space of 3 years HR spends millions on players with big wages. We flirt with champions league football but never 'kick on'. HR leaves.
  • A new manager is hired. His objective - Trim the wage bill and keep us safe!

THIS CYCLE HAS TO STOP NOW!!!

As for your long term stance I feel we need to now take mirrored image approach the same as Arsenal like they did when they hired Wenger.

A young fairly unproven manager was brought in to build a brand new young vibrant team. 17 years later take a look at them! He has built a dynasty and are never outside of the top 4.

PL has not hung around at clubs so far because he was never going to until he found a bigger club to better his portfolio - Norwich came along and look what he achieved there.

PL is now at an even bigger club with the status we have and he knows this.

If allowed and given the right time and backing there is no reason why he can't mirror the Arsenal dynasty Wenger created and do the same here with us. If so I doubt for one he would be in any hurry to leave.

Half took the words out my mouth pelle.

Some top posts in here in repost to the odd few panicking types.

relegation is still a big IF at the moment. 12 games is way to early to panic and it looks like lambert has enough about him to keep us up this year and onwards and upwards next year. defeats against manu u, city and arsenal aren't going to change my mind about that.

Are you really going to say you knew a 16yr old kid from spain was going to turn out like he did?? which was also before they dominated the world.

I also didnt compare them - you said wenger didn't buy from lower leagues - he did. But let me guess, it was from a different country, that suits your argument better.

I didn't know anything about fabregas. I would imagine wenger and a lot of other managers and scouts where well aware of his talents even at that age.

Wenger did not build the invincible team by signing the likes of westwood, Bowery, Bennett and Lowton. How can you even possibly attempt to argue that?

The lad from Watford who we signed from a premier league team after playing in the premier league for 4 months? That lad?

Hahaha

Thanks for naming players which are currently part of an arsenal team that seems to be struggling and sees an ever growing pressure placed on Wenger.

Pay attention.

When arsenal were amazing how many players did he sign from lower leagues?

Pay attention.

You really do display some bullshit.

I am discontinuing to debate with you as you cannot hold a constructive argument without acting naive and childishly twisting quotes to suit your own pathetic agenda of a reply.

IGNORED>

You really do display some bullshit.

I am discontinuing to debate with you as you cannot hold a constructive argument without acting naive and childishly twisting quotes to suit your own pathetic agenda of a reply.

IGNORED>

Haha

Or simply put you can't actually come up with anything to prove your statement and your own attempted comeback actually just added to my argument.

I'd go the ignore way as well if my argument was that bad.

Its amazing how abusive some people can get when they can't back their debate with evidence.

All the evidence is in my post and backed to the hill.

It's the morons that skip read it and keep chatting the same bollocks time after time. - You also fall into this catagory!7

Not really.

You had a hissy fit when I pointed out your so called evidence actually backed what I was saying.

You then couldn't come back with anything to debate that so resorted to typing the word ignore and then told me to grow up.

Quite amusing really.

Redknapp has never left a legacy, other than financial chaos. It is about time we looked longer term and it is irrelevant whether that is done very often at the moment. There are Clubs doing it - even if they change Managers - and this rubbish about us buying our way up ought to be put tobed once and for all. In fact it seems to me that other than a couple of people it has been. Pretty much every fan I talk to completely gets what we are doing, and the majority have no problem with it.

How the opinions of a tiny tiny minority are constantly able to dominate issues such as this is the single biggest problem with the internet -those in the majority who are bored of it can't afford to leave it alone as it is like a cancer, but it is so tedious.

Ron Saunders would never have been at the Club long enough to win the title had there been an internet back then.

Have some f------ vision, patience, calmness, and get behind the guy FFS.

Norwich fan here. I last posted on here directly after the game between ourselves and Villa. I accept that you are alarmed because you are in the relegation zone. But you have had a very difficult run of fixtures. It was always a distinct possibility that you were going to be in the relegation zone by the end of November given the calibre of opposition you were up against. But the good news is that nothing is cut and dried in November. It is about what happens in May that is important. I think you are starting to get there and in general the performances look like they are on an upward curve. The results I believe will follow for you just like they have for us. Just over a month ago I would imagine we were favourites to finish dead last. But we were getting used to a new manager with different ideas. We look like we have really turned the corner since beating Arsenal. There is no reason you cannot do the same against them on Saturday.

Calling for Harry Redknapp to replace Paul Lambert is very premature and shot sighted. A lot of money will chucked at older players. The best case scenario being that you temporarily survive but effectively be back in the same position a couple years down the line with an expensive squad that is no longer fit for purpose. The worst case scenario being relegation with an expensively assembled squad. Redknapp has form for this with Southampton so it should not be dismissed as a distinct possibility. There is a clear vision and plan in what Lambert is trying to do. It represents your best chance of breaking the current malaise you find your club in. If you keep your nerve and stick with him I am convinced Villa will reap the benefits for a long time to come. However it was never going to happen overnight.

• Like 3