Paul Lambert

Pilchard

The Premier League prize money goes through the roof this summer, the team who finishes bottom will get more money than Man City did for winning last season. We really, really don't want to be getting relegated this year, and paying decent wages to some decent players, rather than a load of Championship and League 1 rubbish would really have helped. But then, Lerner's probably too stupid to have even realised.

But spending wages is no guarantee of survival, what if we did go in big on wages and still got relegated?

But spending wages is no guarantee of survival, what if we did go in big on wages and still got relegated?

Better managers and better players give you a better chance of succeeding though. Nothing that Lerner has tried in the last three years has come even close to being right.

Someone pointed out you'd have to go back to the 60's to when we had 3 relegation worried seasons and still anyone who isn't happy is mocked and laughed at. Good job we got rid of Doug eh, so we could enjoy seeing such excellent times.

I can only assume the happy, accepting ones aren't regular visitors to villa park. Can't see how anyone who regularly spends money and time following the club could possibly be content with the way the clubs been run.

Lerner spent some money this summer but after the abysmal way he's run the club it certainly wasn't close to being enough.

Someone pointed out you'd have to go back to the 60's to when we had 3 relegation worried seasons and still anyone who isn't happy is mocked and laughed at. Good job we got rid of Doug eh, so we could enjoy seeing such excellent times.

I can only assume the happy, accepting ones aren't regular visitors to villa park. Can't see how anyone who regularly spends money and time following the club could possibly be content with the way the clubs been run.

Lerner spent some money this summer but after the abysmal way he's run the club it certainly wasn't close to being enough.

I don't think many are happy TBH.

There are those who are placated by mitigating circumstances, penalty yesterday, send off v Norwich, Man City's millions , 8 new players etc.

Myself - given that we don't have a rich arab to bail us out - hoping that the players Lambert has plucked from the lower leagues home and abroad - come good is our only hope. I really don't see another change of manager helping.

Much as I want Lambert to work, I am afraid he has us in no better position (in fact considerably worse) than any of our previous managers since MON left, and many on here were baying for blood with them by now.

Much as I think he would work in the long run, PL survival is no1 priority and I think unless we win at least 3 games before Jan he has to be replaced to give us a fighting chance. I would have Rednapp in a heartbeat.

Incidentally, we are shit and this is the worst Villa team for a long long time and I just don't see where points are going to come from. I think we are a dead cert relegation and I can only blame Lerner.

I don't think many are happy TBH.

There are those who are placated by mitigating circumstances, penalty yesterday, send off v Norwich, Man City's millions , 8 new players etc.

Myself - given that we don't have a rich arab to bail us out - hoping that the players Lambert has plucked from the lower leagues home and abroad - come good is our only hope. I really don't see another change of manager helping.

Well Randy Lerner is making the decisions I don't think a change of manager will help either.

Think you have misunderstood the Tottenham way of dealing with players: Redknapp provides a list of players he would like the club to get, and then he is not more involved. He has explained this several times when he is interviewed on deadline day.

So Redknapp provided a list with none of those players on it?

Think you will find Levy brought VDV.Friedal was out of contract with us ,Peinaar had 6 months on contract with Everton.Walker was brought with Naughton for 9 mil !

I'd go as far to say having someone as competent as Levy as CEO would help us immensley.

Excuse me a minute but what the feck has length of contract got to do with Redknapp signing the above players. He signed them and most of them did very well. If **** Lambert had signed those players he'd have been hailed as the second coming on here.

Redknapp knew nothing about vdv deal, real were trying to shift him all window and levy got the deal done. **** all to do with arry. The bloke is as dodgy as a back street car dealer, stay well away from redknapp.

Got the opportunity though to sell quite a few cars in Europe.

Quality? Don't you mean foreign fairies?

What we need are some tough, big British lads from the Premier League who can put their bodies about. **** all that passing shit innit.

Yeah we've passed our way right down to third from bottom.

No-ones saying we should return to hoof ball but we need a balance of steel to compliment those than can pass. Diame would have been exactly the right signing for us instead of KEA for instance and I did name him as one of my picks.

Yeah we've passed our way right down to third from bottom.

No-ones saying we should return to hoof ball but we need a balance of steel to compliment those than can pass. Diame would have been exactly the right signing for us instead of KEA for instance and I did name him as one of my picks.

I agree we need some steel in midfield and I trust Lambert to rectify that in January.

I agree we need some steel in midfield and I trust Lambert to rectify that in January.

Lambert may not be here by January though. If results don't improve soon then the banners at VP will come out again and I can see Lambert walking.

Lambert may not be here by January though. If results don't improve soon then the banners at VP will come out again and I can see Lambert walking.

Well let's hope the boo boys and their banner stay the **** away from VP. We don't need that shit.
  • Like 3

No as much as I don't rate Lambert, something like that won't help and would quite obviously affect the young players in particular but the pressure will nonetheless grow and it will be shown on the terraces.

I sincerely hope we get the required result against Reading because if we don't then it really will feed the 'boo boys.'