Paul Lambert

Pilchard

It's a bit sad when people are arguing over whether an injury prone player or a suspension prone player is our best player.

Don't say much for the rest of the shit does it.

You make it sound like Vlaar and Delph aren't actually good players.

On the contrary, I make it sound like it is. The rest of the players clearly aren't very good if the aforementioned duo and their respective proneness (if that's a word) to injury and suspension is the best we have.

They're both very good though in spite of the supposed proneness to injury and suspension.

Wait till next season, wait till next season, wait till next season. Will it ever end.....

Wait for next season for what? Without serious money the best we can hope for is realistically 8th.

This will be the same no matter who controls the first team, some just have to accept that!

8th, flipping heck we'll get a nose bleed! Based on the current rubbish that would be heaven.

Take a quick look at the table.

Why, has it suddenly been manipulated so that the season has finished and we are 8th just like you said?

It's a bit sad when people are arguing over whether an injury prone player or a suspension prone player is our best player.

Lol it really doesnt does it. Its been such a nightmare for as long as i want to remember

It's funny how the "terrible style" stick stays even when it isn't the case.

We played poorly today, but we played poorly whilst trying to keep the ball on the deck and look more confident on the ball. We looked much better in possession than we have been lately, and with strikers that were actually scoring we might have given Man Utd a decent game - until they scored we weren't looking too bad, and we certainly weren't playing a long ball game.

• Like 1

You make it sound like Vlaar and Delph aren't actually good players.

On the contrary, I make it sound like it is. The rest of the players clearly aren't very good if the aforementioned duo and their respective proneness (if that's a word) to injury and suspension is the best we have.

They're both very good though in spite of the supposed proneness to injury and suspension.

And your point is?

We played poorly today, but we played poorly whilst trying to keep the ball on the deck and look more confident on the ball. We looked much better in possession than we have been lately, and with strikers that were actually scoring we might have given Man Utd a decent game - until they scored we weren't looking too bad, and we certainly weren't playing a long ball game.

Wow, we weren't looking too bad for less than 18 minutes. All hail Lambert.

Vidic has had more injuries than Vlaar.

Lucas has the same amount of cards as Delph.

Doesn't affect how good a player they are. Even when praising players, it somehow turns into a slant on 1) the player themselves 2) the rest of the playing staff.

Wait till next season, wait till next season, wait till next season. Will it ever end.....

Wait for next season for what? Without serious money the best we can hope for is realistically 8th.

This will be the same no matter who controls the first team, some just have to accept that!

8th, flipping heck we'll get a nose bleed! Based on the current rubbish that would be heaven.

Why, has it suddenly been manipulated so that the season has finished and we are 8th just like you said?

What are you on about?

• Like 3

I just hope Lambert wasnt given the option of allot more money to spend but decided to go down this arrogant route.

He wasn't - the fact that he wasn't allowed to sign Sissoko, Lukaku or Kiyotake must tell you that

If he had been given decent funds we would have a completely different squad and a completely different style

Lerner must be laughing his arse off when he sees that Lambert is carrying the can for his complete balls up over the last 5 years

Thats more like it! Not even being patronising, all we can do is hope our position sticks/improves. 

If we can get at least 7 points from those games we'll have 26 points which should hopefully put us in a position to keep well clear of the relegation zone. 

Our home form needs to improve, we need to score more goals and we need to get some sort of creative spark that will let us break teams down. I don't think all of these problems can be solved instantly though, certainly not with the budget Lambert will probably get in January. 

My personal opinion is that we just need to keep progressing, last season was another relegation scrap, this season we haven't been mixed amongst those teams and as long as we keep it that way I'll obviously take that as progression. We've progressed so far, we just have to keep it up, whether it is through grinding results out or not, playing like Barcelona is the least of my worries as long as we're placing ourself away from the battle at the bottom.

Am I happy that my hope is that we simply stay away from the relegation candidates? No, of course not, in fact it upsets me that we've become this sort of team but I know it can't be fixed quickly and I'd rather we try to fix things properly in a sustainable manner. Right now I believe Lambert is the correct manager to do just that.

Absolutely this /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

What are you on about?

I guess my original response was too cryptic for you.

Why should I take a quick look at the table?

"And look more confident on the ball. We looked much better in possession than we have been lately..."

Simply not true, watch the lead up play to two of their goals again. Baker was under no pressure but gave the ball away through an appalling forward pass. Likewise Luna played a stupid pass that lead to another. In both cases it was illustrated just how poor we are when in possession. As for our midfield, they are far from confident on the ball or capable of a decent forward pass. Time and time again they gave possession away very cheaply.

until they scored we weren't looking too bad, and we certainly weren't playing a long ball game.

I agree we didn't look too bad until they scored. Unfortunately they scored after just 15 minutes though. For the next 50 minutes we were poor. Then a combination of Utd taking their foot off the gas and us continuing to put in a shift meant for the last 20 or so minutes we did OK and held our own.

In all fairness there is no shame in losing to an even off form Man Utd but its not just about today though is it. We have been in the main dire, certainly performance wise, for the last 3 months.

Edited by markavfc40

"And look more confident on the ball. We looked much better in possession than we have been lately..."

Simply not true, watch the lead up play to two of their goals again. Baker was under no pressure but gave the ball away through an appalling forward pass. Likewise Luna played a stupid pass that lead to another. In both cases it was illustrated just how poor we are when in possession. As for our midfield, they are far from confident on the ball or capable of a decent forward pass. Time and time again they gave possession away very cheaply.

Thing is, the players did look decent with the ball for many parts of the game - it's just these little self-destruct moments that are killing us.

Excellent point.

Even if lambert stays he will have to rebuild. Our squad is pretty pathetic and just full of average players.

During his first transfer window while many were very happy with what we were doing i asked why other clubs weren't doing the same if it was clearly a good approach. I guess we're seeing why other clubs didn't just sign cheap foreign and lower league players.

Even if lerner decides to increase spending this squad needs a lot of work doing to it.

BJ, Ive agreed with a lot of your posts recently. Surely you must understand that Lambert took the approach he has precisely because funds went not available??

He wanted Sissoko - too expensive, He wanted Kiyotake - too expensive, Apparently he wanted Lukaku and Barry - too expensive

His only option was to sign younger players and be forced to play a style that although not esthetically pleasing is effective enough to retain our premiership status whilst the books are balanced.

The fact he has no money is bullshit but he is trying to make the best of the situation, expecting that in the medium term pursestrings will be loosened

This is a problem of Lerner's making - let him carry the can not Lambert who his doing everything he knows to put things right

• Like 1

We were butt **** by Man U. The statement 'we might have given Man U a decent game - until they scored' is utterly laughable. We were shite in virtually every department and if we were still playing right now we would not have scored.

Indeed, but that just shows how badly we have been doing lately. The intention was there, the execution wasn't. 

Excellent point.

Even if lambert stays he will have to rebuild. Our squad is pretty pathetic and just full of average players.

During his first transfer window while many were very happy with what we were doing i asked why other clubs weren't doing the same if it was clearly a good approach. I guess we're seeing why other clubs didn't just sign cheap foreign and lower league players.

Even if lerner decides to increase spending this squad needs a lot of work doing to it.

BJ, Ive agreed with a lot of your posts recently. Surely you must understand that Lambert took the approach he has precisely because funds went not available??

He wanted Sissoko - too expensive, He wanted Kiyotake - too expensive, Apparently he wanted Lukaku and Barry - too expensive

His only option was to sign younger players and be forced to play a style that although not esthetically pleasing is effective enough to retain our premiership status whilst the books are balanced.

The fact he has no money is bullshit but he is trying to make the best of the situation, expecting that in the medium term pursestrings will be loosened

This is a problem of Lerner's making - let him carry the can not Lambert who his doing everything he knows to put things right

I agree with that save for the fact the players he has signed along with those he inherited do not even do the basics properly and that is down to poor coaching.

What are you on about?

I guess my original response was too cryptic for you.

Why should I take a quick look at the table?

There's a difference between being critic and not making sense.

Why would it matter that it's not the end of the season? We are about half way through and positioned 3 places lower than we could hope to be.

My point is that we are still doing ok in the league positions (which is the only real way to judge progress), we can't actually do much better than we are without serious funding. So why would people use the argument 'wait till next season' when we are positioned about as high as we can get?

Indeed, but that just shows how badly we have been doing lately. The intention was there, the execution wasn't. 

And execution is everything, intention is nothing.