Paul Lambert

Pilchard

What do people expect him to do at the moment?

A bunch of average players on below average wages trying to play at this level.

BJ - You are absolutely spot on

I think we need 5 points from the next three games to stop ourselves being dragged down - however, that would paper over the main problem which is a lack of quality and depth, and give RL the ideal excuse not to invest

We need a couple of really decent players bought in

• Like 1

What bottom half prem club has great 4th and5th choice center halfs?

Probably none hence why they are in the bottom half. Do we really aspire to be so shit though?

Fine. What non top seven side has good options at 4th and 5th center half. It's not realistic, villa have just not had luck there with injuries

What bottom half prem club has great 4th and5th choice center halfs?

Probably none hence why they are in the bottom half. Do we really aspire to be so shit though?

Fine. What non top seven side has good options at 4th and 5th center half. It's not realistic, villa have just not had luck there with injuries

To be honest there probably isn't any team that has great or good 4th and 5th choice centre halves. What is your point?

Rather than going round in circles I'll just refer you to today's performance which leaves us dropping into the bottom half......again.

Glib answers so much better than proper debate, eh Morf

We haven't dropped anywhere - we were 11th before kick-off and were 11th now?

You talk like I'm saying we are going to qualify for CL!! With the resources available we are doing as well (or better) than we can reasonably expect.

Rooney probably earns more than our entire team - were you really expecting anything other than a defeat?

You have a real bad habit of changing the goalposts whenever you are caught out in debate VillaCas. 

You ask me the question did I expect world class performances and I replied to that.

We are not 'doing as well (or better) than we can reasonably expect. Our performances and standard of football on the whole have been woeful and the results are now starting to reflect that.

See what I mean by changing the goalposts with your comment how much Rooney earns. Do any of the WBA, Everton or Newcastle players earn more money than Rooney?

Edited by Morpheus

Rather than going round in circles I'll just refer you to today's performance which leaves us dropping into the bottom half......again.

You talk like I'm saying we are going to qualify for CL!! With the resources available we are doing as well (or better) than we can reasonably expect.

Rooney probably earns more than our entire team - were you really expecting anything other than a defeat?

Why does it always come down to wages when defending a poor display?

Do you think Everton and Newcastle went to Old Trafford recently expecting to lose just because their players don't earn as much as Wayne Rooney.

Jesus, excuses, excuses, excuses!

This is being trailed out now 'pacbuddies' because there's very little left to defend Lambert with.

You have a real bad habit of changing the goalposts whenever you are caught out in debate VillaCas. 

You ask me the question did I expect world class performances and I replied to that.

We are not 'doing as well (or better) than we can reasonably expect. Our performances and standard of football on the whole have been woeful and the results are now starting to reflect that.

See what I mean by changing the goalposts with your comment how much Rooney earns. Do any of the WBA, Everton or Newcastle players earn more money than Rooney?

Couldn't agree more. The fact that manure are prepared to pay in excess of £1/4m per week for a thick scouser that looks like shrek on a bad day is no reason to lie down and die and expect to be defeated by them!

• Like 1

Who could come in realistically and change things for the better?

Quite obviously nobody and we are doomed to be shit forever because some fans think that there is nobody that could do better.

Not quite what I was asking or implying but never mind...

Di Matteo?

Who could come in realistically and change things for the better?

Quite obviously nobody and we are doomed to be shit forever because some fans think that there is nobody that could do better.

Not quite what I was asking or implying but never mind...

Di Matteo?

Di Matteo is an incredibly negative manager. Fans would be moaning even more about his style of play.

Another tripe performance at home. I am struggling to recall the last time I left a game thinking we had played well. We now have the worst record in all 4 divisions for goals scored at home with just 6.

I am sure some will blame the absence of Vlaar for todays result but lets not kid ourselves we have been dire for a while. It is also plainly obvious that Clark and Baker, depsite never giving less than 100%, are not good enough at this level. With that in mind then for me it was a major f up not signing two new centre backs over the summer especially as Vlaar is known for being injury prone.

I am not sure where we are heading to be honest. Points wise we are better off than we were last season which I'm grateful for but performances compared to the last third of last season have gone backwards. For the most part we are awful to watch.

Massive four games coming up for us and Lambert in particular. Stoke, Palace, Swansea and Sunderland. We need to take at least 7 points from those. If we were to fail to beat Palace and Swansea at home then I can see sections of the crowd turning on Lambert.

Agree with this.

Our home form also deserves a special mention; nothing short of a disgrace.

Some massive overreactions here (as expected) IMO. Most of the criticism is entirely justified but talk of sacking is just ridiculous.

For all the moaning about the playing style over recent weeks I don't think that was our problem at all today. We passed it around a fair bit in fact. My one biggest criticism of Lambert this season is that for some unknown reason we seem ridiculously vulnerable defensively for the first 20/25 minutes of almost every game. It's got worse since Vlaar's been out but the problem was there before and I just can't understand why it happens so often, especially when last season our main problem was taking leads and not holding onto them. It pisses me off that we're not allowing ourself the opportunity to grow into games.

Some massive overreactions here (as expected) IMO. Most of the criticism is entirely justified but talk of sacking is just ridiculous.

For all the moaning about the playing style over recent weeks I don't think that was our problem at all today. We passed it around a fair bit in fact. My one biggest criticism of Lambert this season is that for some unknown reason we seem ridiculously vulnerable defensively for the first 20/25 minutes of almost every game. It's got worse since Vlaar's been out but the problem was there before and I just can't understand why it happens so often, especially when last season our main problem was taking leads and not holding onto them. It pisses me off that we're not allowing ourself the opportunity to grow into games.

Agreed, Allrbigthon was a big positive today. We gifted them 3 goals. Baker and Lunas pass, Januzai running into our box completely unmarked. We're so naive at times. The players needs to wake up and realize they're playing in the premier league.

Yeah, I thought Albrighton looked good. It's nice to know that we have that option now. Hopefully he can chip in with some goals.

Some massive 'can't see how shit we really are' reactions here (to be expected) IMO.

Just because somebody isn't screaming for Lambert to go on the back of a couple of poor performances/results doesn't mean they don't recognise that we've been poor of late. Most of the criticism has been justified, just not the calls for him to go IMO.

Edited by Mantis

Yeah distinct possibility but somehow the teams below us are worse based on my viewing of them.

We will see.

Like Sunderland and Fulham when we played them you mean?

We played like shit against them.

But yes they are still worse