Paul Lambert

Pilchard

No i've understood it ok.

Basically what he is saying that some injuries need to be played through to get better but in Benteke's case since he is the vocal point of our team and we play everything through him then if he isn't 100% then the whole team suffers. Thats why in my opinion he shouldn't be played until he is 100% fit.

If indeed injury is the reason for his poor performance then he can play through that on the training pitch until he is ready to come back but no doubt in the next two games he'll probably come back to haunt me once again and score two hat-tricks.  :P

Edited by Morpheus
  • Like 1

"West Brom should have been out of sight and Sunderland missed the sitter of the decade. We've been luckier than this time last year."

So West Broms missed chances should have been goals and our missed chances shouldn't?

I know it's barely allowed for one to go against this myth of 'progress', but we are luckier than this time last year IMO, and for me that accounts for our slightly better position. We are playing some of the worst football I have ever seen and at Villa Park and that's up against some pretty stiff competition.

If it improves and is all part of a big plan of Lamberts then I'll be as happy as anyone and I'll eat, but I don't see how anyone can argue that the football is anything other than one dimensional and dire.

"West Brom should have been out of sight and Sunderland missed the sitter of the decade. We've been luckier than this time last year."

So West Broms missed chances should have been goals and our missed chances shouldn't?

I know it's barely allowed for one to go against this myth of 'progress', but we are luckier than this time last year IMO, and for me that accounts for our slightly better position. We are playing some of the worst football I have ever seen and at Villa Park and that's up against some pretty stiff competition.

If it improves and is all part of a big plan of Lamberts then I'll be as happy as anyone and I'll eat, but I don't see how anyone can argue that the football is anything other than one dimensional and dire.

Any chance of giving us some stats on how "lucky" the rest of the other clubs have been in comparison to last season?  some detailed examples and analysis would be appreciated. How on earth can you say progress is a myth when we are doing far better in the table?  I fear you really don't understand football, my friend - unlucky you.

Where has anybody said you're not allowed, or 'barely' allowed, to disagree ? 

Nobody has said that the football we're playing, at the moment, is good or attractive. The progress is not however a 'myth'. Last season when we had a lot of injuries we could not cope. This season we've had a lot of injuries and have ground out results. It might not be pretty but we have been more resilient, made less mistakes and are mid table and we're mid table on merit.

If it improves and is all part of a big plan of Lamberts then I'll be as happy as anyone and I'll eat, ....... Really you should eat regardless of whether Villa improve or not. Eating is quite important :)

Edited by Ghost_of_Pongo_Waring

Congratulations. You've just been appointed Aston Villa manager. You're given a mandate to cut £25 million a year off the wage bill, a transfer budget of £20 million a season.

Useful info: you've had a couple of torrid seasons and most established players don't want to join you right now. The likes of QPR are offering experienced premier league players outrageous wages, inflating the market beyond belief. the fans are angry, losing faith in the club and want rid of this bunch of underachieving overpaid so called senior players.

How do you proceed? What is your strategy to get Villa back into Europe, where the fans demand you to be?

This is the question I would like to ask all of you that doubt Lambert's strategy or the direction the club is going. So far nobody has been able to give me a viable alternative.

• Like 2

Its the old moaning for moanings sake.

When the opposition miss chances or their keeper makes some good saves they are playing well, but if we miss chances their keepers never make good saves its just us being shit. Same as when we’re shit and lose games its Lambert's fault, when we’re good and win games its down to the players and nothing to do with Lambert.

I'd spend it all on Charlie Adam, Dimitar Berbatov and compensation to buy out Harry Redknapp's contract and replace myself with him.

Job done.

Champions League here we come!

And that's why Fulham, Stoke and QPR are all destined for European qualification in a few years ;) Anyone else?

You could say we were unlucky in situations this season also, Chelsea? Liverpool? Short memories looking for reasons to complain. Enjoy our position and keep calm.

Chelsea was daylight robbery.

Congratulations. You've just been appointed Aston Villa manager. You're given a mandate to cut £25 million a year off the wage bill, a transfer budget of £20 million a season.

Useful info: you've had a couple of torrid seasons and most established players don't want to join you right now. The likes of QPR are offering experienced premier league players outrageous wages, inflating the market beyond belief. the fans are angry, losing faith in the club and want rid of this bunch of underachieving overpaid so called senior players.

How do you proceed? What is your strategy to get Villa back into Europe, where the fans demand you to be?

This is the question I would like to ask all of you that doubt Lambert's strategy or the direction the club is going. So far nobody has been able to give me a viable alternative.

ahah. that sums it up nicely. 

• Like 1

Jeeeeeeez - I am annoyed as most about most of our performances this year but this place is ridicilous.  Do people forget where we were.  Yes the football is shit at the moment and yes it is horrible to watch.  However, we are in a better position than last year, our defence is so much better and at the moment our strikers are not firing.  The second half of last year was mostly down to the good work of the front three.  They have not played alot of games together this year and Weimann and Benteke have not been in form.  If or when they hit form we will look much better.

Yes we could be a lot better and sign xyz but the truth is that the transformation will take time and patience.  We will go through awful periods, some players wont make it and some players will.  If people are calling for a change in strategy or change in maangement at the first sign of a shit run then we have no hope. 

Like I said, I get so frustrated watching us pass the ball straight to the opposition time and time again. Frustrated watching us struggle to carve out half a chance.  However, the fact is our results are better than last season.   

It depends if you view a football game solely as entertainment and disregard the competitive aspects attached to the sport. Do not take this the wrong way but maybe you do not enjoy watching football as a highly competitive sport. We are all guilty of ignoring the opposition and only focusing on the qualities and inadequacies of our team but there is still another team competing against us. 

I have enjoyed the majority of our games this season and I do believe we try to win each match regardless of opposition (as is evident by the victories against Manchester City and Arsenal). People will find it hard to dispute that Lambert has not made us a competitive side or that we have made no progress this season. That is not to say that we cannot improve further.

The majority of top flight matches this season can be considered  "one dimensional and dire", it is not exclusive to Aston Villa. The best example has to be Manchester United vs Chelsea earlier this season. That was horrendous entertainment considering the players that were available to both teams and the so-called magnitude of the match. For me, a lot of teams this season have compromised style over substance, we certainly have adopted this mentality in an attempt to fix the glaring problems of last season and give us a competitive advantage.

I'd spend it all on Charlie Adam, Dimitar Berbatov and compensation to buy out Harry Redknapp's contract and replace myself with him.

Job done. 

Don't see why not . We've already spent millions on compensation to other managers as it is and currently have a midfield who couldn't trap a bag of cement plus strikers who can't score so any help would be welcome.

Job done.

And that's why Fulham, Stoke and QPR are all destined for European qualification in a few years ;) Anyone else?

Eh, us maybe ?

Job done.

Don't see why not . We've already spent millions on compensation to other managers as it is and currently have a midfield who couldn't trap a bag of cement plus strikers who can't score so any help would be welcome.

Your solution to crippling losses is to get us into even more debt. How helpful. Anyone else?

Job done. 

The worrying thing is, you're serious.

• Like 1