Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Lambert is working with one hand tied behid his back.

We can't even compete with WBA and Everton for players due to the wage restrictions in place by Lerner.

Embarrassing, one is a tin pot club who can't even fill a 26k stadium and the other is a side with probably the poorest chairman financially (Kenwright) in the league.

What Peace and Kenwright may lack in financial clout they more than make up for in their desire to see their respective clubs do as well as they can without being reckless. Lerner neither has the desire to use his financial clout or the desire to see AVFC do as well as they can and he did the reckless thing with MON and it turned out to be....well... reckless!

lets not dick around here now..mon spent a few quid & we pushed for the 4th spot, thats the nature of the sport...

this policy handed to any villa manger will take us nowhere 

We can't even compete with WBA and Everton for players due to the wage restrictions in place by Lerner.

Embarrassing, one is a tin pot club who can't even fill a 26k stadium and the other is a side with probably the poorest chairman financially (Kenwright) in the league.

you probably bang on..

personally im sick of watching villa making up the numbers these days,

i wont be renewing next year,i may be only one but its how i feel,proud history bright future yeh yeh yeh randy

im not proud but i was one who left on 80mins vs everton..i was not alone,i think alot of fans have had enough now.

Fair enough, but would you come back if we started spending loads of money?

However if your comparing the last 3 months or so of last season to how we have started this season then I'd have to say that I think we were playing better at the back end of last season than we are now.

Another good point and one I'd agree with.

After an awful start last season some compared the end of mcleish's time with the start of Lambert's to show improvement, if I remember correctly VillaCas had a lovely graph he'd throw out to show this.

Now it seems we're comparing our start with last seasons start to show improvement.

That first week involved 2 losses but I still felt like we'd made big improvements. Since then though our performances have been pretty awful.

This seems a bit silly - it looks like we've went from being relegation scrappers to midtable mediocrity. This is an improvement. If people want Lambert to be a figure who'll turn us into a team capable of challenging for Europe then they might as well start campaigning for his dismissal now. Perhaps also start figuring out, whilst they are at it, how to be oust the next man.

Lambert has built a team that can definitely get better - look at Clarke, Delph, El Ahmadhi and so on.

Even without Okore, who looked to be an important player for us early on, our defense is very much improved. Last seasons, our defense let in goals for fun. 

The fact that he has been trying to vary formation - and bringing back 5-3-2 was a very brave thing to do - show he is still trying to learn tactically and get the players used to changing it up. He's still got plenty to improve upon as a manager, but it does seem like he is trying to improve himself as much as he is trying to improve a young team. It seems like football fans are way too quick to write-off people for making mistakes rather than allowing for the fact that that's how you learn.

Edited by LordSepulchrave
  • Like 1

I'll be honest, I was wrong to start the relegation thread. I've been so pissed off with Lerner, plus general things in my life which got me down and I went all emo-Villa.

Things aren't perfect, Lerner is crippling this club and we are lacking in a lot of quality. But my faith in Lambert and most of the players gives me hope.

you probably bang on..

i wont be renewing next year,i may be only one but its how i feel,proud history bright future yeh yeh yeh randy

im not proud but i was one who left on 80mins vs everton..i was not alone,i think alot of fans have had enough now.

You are not the only one. My son and I did not renew this season after 7 seasons as season ticket holders. It would be interesting to know the number of season tickets sold this season compared to 4 seasons ago. However, I doubt we will find this out as Lerner & co wouldn't want us finding out anything bad about the club.

I'll be honest, I was wrong to start the relegation thread. I've been so pissed off with Lerner, plus general things in my life which got me down and I went all emo-Villa.

Things aren't perfect, Lerner is crippling this club and we are lacking in a lot of quality. But my faith in Lambert and most of the players gives me hope.

Haha at emo-villa

Couldn't blame fans yesterday for booing at full-time, completely embarrassing now having to watch the same old same old every week. Lerner, with his no-show, for the last 12 months just adds to my thinking he has given-up on trying to make Villa into top 4 contenders like he did with MON back in 2009; move on Randy and sell the club.

you probably bang on..

You are not the only one. My son and I did not renew this season after 7 seasons as season ticket holders. It would be interesting to know the number of season tickets sold this season compared to 4 seasons ago. However, I doubt we will find this out as Lerner & co wouldn't want us finding out anything bad about the club.

My view on this kind of thinking is that the problem isn't with Villa, it's with football itself. It's ridiculous the level of money some fans expect to be spunked away by the chairman—any chairman.

Football died with the Premier League. We are also-rans because you need the likes of Abramovic or Abu Dhabi in order to compete. 

Couldn't blame fans yesterday for booing at full-time, completely embarrassing now having to watch the same old same old every week. Lerner, with his no-show, for the last 12 months just adds to my thinking he has given-up on trying to make Villa into top 4 contenders like he did with MON back in 2009; move on Randy and sell the club.

We could have quite easily won yesterday. We played well up to their second goal, which stunned us. I wonder if this er 'context' means anything? Because I don't understand what was 'embarrassing'—I think you're going a bit over the top. 

And also, you're dreaming if you think there is a ready made sugar daddy to come in and blow £50million a year. This is the reality people need to wake up to. 

Edited by praisedmambo

I think it's ridiculous to boo like that. Fair enough if we were abject all game but we weren't. It was one of those games that we would've won on another day.

you probably bang on..

I'm pretty sure season ticket sales figures are public.

I, and I suspect many others, are not asking for big money to be spunked again like under MON, but how can we expect to compete when we aren't even signing any players with PL experience or a proven track record in a big league just because they have moderate wage demands?

There are players available every summer that have to be ignored due to the wage constraints in place, I don't see it changing any time soon.

you probably bang on..

My view on this kind of thinking is that the problem isn't with Villa, it's with football itself. It's ridiculous the level of money some fans expect to be spunked away by the chairman—any chairman.

Football died with the Premier League. We are also-rans because you need the likes of Abramovic or Abu Dhabi in order to compete.

Who expects ridiculous levels of money to be spent?

To compete for the title, yes you need an abramovic but I don't any fan expects us to be challenging for the title.

I, and I suspect many others, are not asking for big money to be spunked again like under MON, but how can we expect to compete when we aren't even signing any players with PL experience or a proven track record in a big league just because they have moderate wage demands?

There are players available every summer that have to be ignored due to the wage constraints in place, I don't see it changing any time soon.

Agree.

I get the argument about the wage constraints, but it really doesn't matter whether they have PL experience or not.

We could have quite easily won yesterday. We played well up to their second goal, which stunned us. I wonder if this er 'context' means anything? Because I don't understand what was 'embarrassing'—I think you're going a bit over the top. 

And also, you're dreaming if you think there is a ready made sugar daddy to come in and blow £50million a year. This is the reality people need to wake up to. 

I'm not dreaming a of 'Sugar daddy' lol, that made me laugh, it just looks more like he has given up at the club with his no show for the last 12 months. Lambert arguably is at fault for wanking away 7m on Kovak and not investing the wages saved from letting Bent and Ireland leave, but Lerner if he thinks, we as a club, are just meant to sit in mid table mediocrity he should sell up now. 

Edited by Avflife