Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Terrible substitutions on Saturday.

Hampered by the lack of quality available. There was no one to bring on to change the game in our favour.

Perhaps if the Kozak money would've been spend more wisely, there would've been.

Hampered by the lack of quality available. There was no one to bring on to change the game in our favour.

Perhaps if the Kozak money would've been spend more wisely, there would've been.

Love how Kozak has been mentioned in this topic now, maybe it was his fault that no-one could finish on Saturday. We are where we are, he has purchased a player, we can't do anything about it until January. Its just easy knocking a manager for something that can't be changed and pretty pointless.

Yeah the hoof ball has got way out of hand, our possession is back to the McCleish era

Our possession stats at home last season weren't any better then under McLeish.

Who gives a shit about possession? I certainly don't. We had possession against Hull and we did nothing, which you'll then claim we don't have an AM or creativity. So in the end Lambert can't win with you, because next you'll find another stat to hit him with.

Love how Kozak has been mentioned in this topic now, maybe it was his fault that no-one could finish on Saturday. We are where we are, he has purchased a player, we can't do anything about it until January. Its just easy knocking a manager for something that can't be changed and pretty pointless.

You can't blame a manager for a poor decision because there is nothing we can do about it now? That's a new one, I'll give you that.

Yeah the hoof ball has got way out of hand, our possession is back to the McCleish era

Who gives a shit about possession? I certainly don't. We had possession against Hull and we did nothing, which you'll then claim we don't have an AM or creativity. So in the end Lambert can't win with you, because next you'll find another stat to hit him with.

Read the original point responded to.

as much as it pains me to say it Isa has made a point that is difficult to disagree with.

we can talk until the "cows come home" but at the end of the day a manager will stand and fall on his exploits in the transfer market.

Obviously McLeish would have more possession if he spends most of the half passing it to themselves in their own half. See stats ain't the be all and end all.

as much as it pains me to say it Isa has made a point that is difficult to disagree with.

we can talk until the "cows come home" but at the end of the day a manager will stand and fall on his exploits in the transfer market.

He's made a point to write off a player after a few games. So how do we know whether that money has been spent wisely or not. Lets talk about stats hey, Kozak has helped AVFC earn more points this season than Benteke. So Lambert could easily argue that money has been spent wisely.

Obviously McLeish would have more possession if he spends most of the half passing it to themselves in their own half. See stats ain't the be all and end all.

That doesn't really change the fact that our possession stats were never better then under the McLeish era as the original comment implied. Please learn to read in context before responding in future...

That doesn't really change the fact that our possession stats were never better then under the McLeish era as the original comment implied. Please learn to read in context before responding in future...

Sorry I don't spend my time analysing a shit managers posession stats to the next one. It's pathetic and shows you look for specific stats to prove a point. Well let me give you a few, Under McLeish we never won back to back games, Under McLeish we had a worse home win record than Lambert, under McLeish we stuck 11 men behind a ball, under McLeish we signed a player who got injured via a water sprinker. Yes that McLeish was sodding fantastic. Like I said you are spurting nonsense and bringing in McLeish stats because it suits an argument as you don't like Lambert.

He's made a point to write off a player after a few games. So how do we know whether that money has been spent wisely or not. Lets talk about stats hey, Kozak has helped AVFC earn more points this season than Benteke. So Lambert could easily argue that money has been spent wisely.

any football fan that says possession is immaterial or words to that effect....I'll bow out of the conversation.

Don't think I've ever known us this bad at home, it appears to be psychological as much as anything to me now.

Don't think I've ever known us this bad at home, it appears to be psychological as much as anything to me now.

its not psychological....we just can't keep the ball.

We do pretty well for ourselves away from home and I refuse to believe that it's all down to the fact that we're good at counter-attacking.

mantis, our first touch against Everton was woeful....it will eventually manifest itself in to poor results just like a good touch and good passing and moving will eventually manifest itself in to good results.

it all starts with the basics.

I never said it wasn't poor (although it wasn't as bad as you're making out) but that alone does not explain why we're poor at home.

any football fan that says possession is immaterial or words to that effect....I'll bow out of the conversation.

I care more about winning than possession, we beat Man City and one poster was still banging on about our possession stats. I'd love us to play tippy-tappy Barcelona esque but as a football fan winning comes first.

Well winning in the long run comes with being good at possession, so it might be a pointless stat in a single game or two, but overall all good teams tend to keep possession of the ball and there are few teams, if any, that are successful while continuously having around 40% possession. 

For my money the problem centres around Westwood, KEA, Agbonlahor and Weimann, they are just not contributing enough like they should in their positions at the moment - they were great last season (excl KEA), just not great this season barring Gabby v Arsenal. We just don't have the depth of quality in the squad for viable alternatives to so many positions.

I am not sure thats Lambert's fault, other than he decides how the [limited] funds are spent on the squad, but inevitably as manager the buck stops with him.

Despite this, jury's still out for me on Lambert.

Edited by thunderball

Well winning in the long run comes with being good at possession, so it might be a pointless stat in a single game or two, but overall all good teams tend to keep possession of the ball and there are few teams, if any, that are successful while continuously having around 40% possession. 

We've played 6 of the top 7 teams in 9 games. Those six sides unfortunately have better players than us. I know its sounding like a broken record but the time to judge is in the next set of games for PL and co. Then we will be in a better position to know where we are.

For my money the problem centres around Westwood, KEA, Agbonlahor and Weimann, they are just not contributing enough like they should in their positions at the moment - they were great last season (excl KEA), just not great this season barring Gabby v Arsenal. We just don't have the depth of quality in the squad for viable alternatives to so many positions.

I am not sure thats Lambert's fault, other than he decides how the [limited] funds are spent on the squad, but inevitably as manager the buck stops with him.

Agree with that. Those players are not performing but next set of games they have nowhere to hide.

• Like 1

Sorry I don't spend my time analysing a shit managers posession stats to the next one. It's pathetic and shows you look for specific stats to prove a point. Well let me give you a few, Under McLeish we never won back to back games, Under McLeish we had a worse home win record than Lambert, under McLeish we stuck 11 men behind a ball, under McLeish we signed a player who got injured via a water sprinker. Yes that McLeish was sodding fantastic. Like I said you are spurting nonsense and bringing in McLeish stats because it suits an argument as you don't like Lambert.

Sigh...

Sorry I'm getting bored now. So I'll reply one more time with the hope it might sink in...

The original post tried to claim that last season we had more possession then we did under McLeish. I was pointing out that this wasn't the case.

We've played 6 of the top 7 teams in 9 games. Those six sides unfortunately have better players than us. I know its sounding like a broken record but the time to judge is in the next set of games for PL and co. Then we will be in a better position to know where we are.

Agree with that. Those players are not performing but next set of games they have nowhere to hide.

We don't normally agree ST but the next set of fixtures will determine where we're going this season in terms of improvement or stagnation and while i agree those players will have no-where to hide it must also be the same for those fans who support Lambert and those who don't.

Edited by Morpheus

We don't normally agree ST but the next set of fixtures will determine where we're going this season in terms of improvement or stagnation and while i agree those players will have no-where to hide it must also be the same for those fans who support Lambert and those who don't.

Yes I'd agree with that, PL will lose a lot of people like me who are sitting on the fence to his management, if we are still stuck in the same predicament as last season. But what I won't do is find specific stats to hit PL with, my judgment is based on this season, and while its not been great I think we are doing okay but as you the next set of games will determine a lot of things.