PS3 newbie - some questions...

ender4

I wasn't much of a fan, which is weird because I love a good story. I just wanted more gameplay I think. It didn't immerse me enough to forget about the lack of anything to do.

yeah i loved it, unlike anything else ive played, great replay value too

Yeah, it has great replay value because the story changes based on the choices that you make. From what I remember there were 4 or 5 different ways that it ended. I went through it twice, selecting different choices the second time around. 

For arcadey racing, you can't go past Need for Speed: Most Wanted. Especially if you have friends with a PS3 as well. Just good fun trying to beat each other's scores/times.

I'd recommend Journey, downloaded from the PSN Store. Great game.

Also recommend FIFA 13, if you want to see Aston Villa have any kind of success.

Edit:

Oh, and also the God of War series if you're into action-adventure hack-n-slash stuff. God of War 1 and 2 are available in an HD collection (both were originally published for the PS2) and God of War 3 was released on PS3. The new one - God of War Ascension is due out March. 

Edited by Ghost

Figured I'd post this here - apparently one of today's freebies on PS+ is Sleeping Dogs. A game that got fair reviews, appears to be a bit of fun, and isn't very old at all! Bodes well for the future, and is further proof that the quality of games should keep coming.

Sleeping dogs is a very fun game, from the makers of GTA

I'm afraid not chum.

Sleeping Dogs is from United Front Games, a relatively new studio (they made ModNation Racers) and published by Square Enix.

GTA was created by DMA Design back in 1997 but the IP is now owned by Rockstar who make the games.

I think I'm right in saying that Sleeping Dogs was made by some of the same developers who worked on the True Crime series, as it was meant to be another installment, True Crime: Hong Kong, but the publisher dropped it and it was picked up by Square Enix who had to rename it since they didn't own the True Crime naming rights.

But yes, different games and game developers. Still, I really enjoyed Sleeping Dogs. Good fun.

Edited by Ginko

I'm afraid not chum.

Sleeping Dogs is from United Front Games, a relatively new studio (they made ModNation Racers) and published by Square Enix.

GTA was created by DMA Design back in 1997 but the IP is now owned by Rockstar who make the games.

I think I'm right in saying that Sleeping Dogs was made by some of the same developers who worked on the True Crime series, as it was meant to be another installment, True Crime: Hong Kong, but the publisher dropped it and it was picked up by Square Enix who had to rename it since they didn't own the True Crime naming rights.

But yes, different games and game developers. Still, I really enjoyed Sleeping Dogs. Good fun.

Must be thinking of another game.

Another shout for PS+. I only signed upto it at Christmas (as frankly, I was bored) and in that time, I've been able to download:

Bioshock 2

Vanquish

Mortal Kombat

Ratchet and Clank

Bulletstorm

Motorstorm: Apocalypse

InFamous 2

Knytt Underground

LIttlebigplanet 2

Res Evil 5

Batman Arkham City

That will be added to by a few I'm sure this month. Absolutely cracking value. 

Yep, got the PS3 superslim 500gb standalone, didn't get the eye/move thing. 

Got Saints Row 2, which is great. Just like GTA but more violent/gangster(?)    Done 7% of the game so far.

Also got Tomb Raider Underworld, which is good, but got stuck on Level 3 with some jumps that i can't seem to do.

Going to buy Max Payne 3 and Uncharted 2/3 next.

Will also get Skyrim & Arkham City at some point, but might be a while until i get bored of those 4 games above.

Edited by ender4

Confirmed that Sleeping Dogs and F1 All Stars are the PS+ freebies for today. Not a bad week to start a sub. Don't know if the F1 game is any good though.

Ok I read some reviews for F1 and they're very lousy :D on the plus side it is very arcadey

Edited by hogso

• 2 weeks later...

I would recommend downloading Resident Evil 4 HD, Final Fantasy 7, 8, and 9 off the PSN. Also, apart from the games already mentioned I think Dead Space fantastic if you like shit-your-pants-scary games. Dead Space 2 is also very good but not quite as atmospheric as the first one.

Â