Doctor Who

mikeyp102

Really liked it. I feel the episode was a little long, quite a bit of stuff which didn't really seem necessary (mostly everything with Clara, Jnny, Vastra and Strax where the Doctor was asleep) but Capaldi really grew into the role and I really like his approach. 

Love that there's a new direction to Dr Who. There was only so much flirting-and-running-away-from-quirky-aliens you can do over 8 series. This has a potential for some really exciting new storylines, and a lot more edginess that the Doctor isn't always just going to save everyone and finish the episode with everyone all happy and justice done. 

I didn't get that shit in the garden at all though. I hope we don't have a new River Song type character.

Edited by Qwpzxjor1

Capaldi is and remains a genius piece of casting. Absolutely superb, although I did spend the duration of the episode and probably will the series waiting for him to launch into a Tucker-esqe bollocking with F-Bombs aplenty.

My only compalint about the episode was the BBC in full post-Savile "THE OLD MAN REALLY ABSOLUTELY DEFINITELY POSITIVELY IS NOT REPEAT NOT FLIRTING WITH THE SEXY ASSISTANT" mode.

That said, Jenna Coleman is fantastic.

Edited by Eames

After last week's promising start, I have to say tonight's episode was very poor indeed. A crap plot that should have been thrown out at the first script conference. Capaldi's talents deserve better than this.

I really like the new doctor really brings some gravitas to the role prefer him over the last one was a bit childish

Oh and i know i say this after every episode but Clara <3

Edited by AshVilla

What I don't get is they never mention Clara having been through the doctors timeline. She has been inside a dalek before (well was actually one). You'd think she would've said that, which would've given the crew more reason to think doctor and Clara were spies hence the whole surveillance of them.

Ash villa, bet you loved when she was in the wet clothes that showed off her figure

Capaldi is a good doctor but the first two episodes have been quite dull to say the least. Clara is confirmed to be leaving after this season so I wonder who comes next? I imagine the show needs some famous new companion to keep the ratings high. 

Edited by Czechlad

Robin Hood. Throwaway, but kind of in the spirit of the early years. The Hartnell/Troughton/Baker programmes had a lot of that stuff.

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

This series has just seemed like filler episodes. Tonight's episode was alright and a bit enjoyable, but I just feel like something is missing. 

Matt Smith's series had good plots behind them for the most part. So far with Capaldi's, it just seems random and not much really going on. 

I don't know how to describe it properly. 

Â