Playstation 4

hogso

The rubber is already peeling on my controller :(

Contact sony, they are replacing all affected controllers.

Don't I have to send it to them first though? I'd be without a PS4 for a week or two if that's the case.

So, the PS4 can't play 3D Blurays yet?  Well that's just great.

3D sucks anyway

I love 3D personally.

That's not really a justification for the PS4 lacking a feature though, is it? 

Exactly.  It's promised somewhere down the line, but it's a bit shit that it can't do what a £70 blu-ray player will do.

edit: and I'd choose 3D every time.  It looks amazing, doesn't hurt my eyes, and lots of people where glasses anyway, and you don't really notice you're wearing them.

Edited by Risso

That's not really a justification for the PS4 lacking a feature though, is it? 

Exactly.  It's promised somewhere down the line, but it's a bit shit that it can't do what a £70 blu-ray player will do.

edit: and I'd choose 3D every time.  It looks amazing, doesn't hurt my eyes, and lots of people where glasses anyway, and you don't really notice you're wearing them.

No 3D on Xbox One either, god knows why. As you say, I think it looks great as well, especially on Pixar movies and such!

I'm with VR123 - 3D can suck a dick, no necessity for it on a games console, if you want it you should by the bit of kit you need to do it, you know, seeing as you need a 3D TV aswell anyway. Ayuh.

I'm with VR123 - 3D can suck a dick, no necessity for it on a games console, if you want it you should by the bit of kit you need to do it, you know, seeing as you need a 3D TV aswell anyway. Ayuh.

Well, if it's describing itself as a 3D blu-ray player, then you shouldn't need another bit of kit.

Just talking to Amazon on live chat about the rubber peeling on my DS4, and they've said they will give me a partial refund of £50.. no mention of me sending back the controller or them collecting it?

Seems like a good way of getting a free £50 for people who have no morals? Oh well, at least I have an almost perfect backup controller.

Edited by villarule123

Sony Reveals its Streaming Service: PlayStation Now

Experience "classic" PlayStation games on PS4 and Vita... and your TV, smartphone, and tablet, too!
by Colin Moriarty
JANUARY 7, 2014

Today at CES, Sony revealed PlayStation Now, an all-new games streaming service that will allow "classic" PlayStation games to be played across current-gen PlayStation hardware, as well as directly on other non-gaming platforms. PlayStation Now harnesses the power of Gaikai, the company Sony purchased for $380 million back in the summer of 2012.

The idea behind PlayStation Now is simple: you will ultimately no longer need to keep your PlayStation 3 around to experience games from that consoles. PlayStation Now will allow streaming of classics from that system to not only PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita, but to televisions, tablets, and smartphones. 2014 model Sony Bravia televisions will support PlayStation Now, and PlayStation Now will ultimately scale to non-Sony devices as well.

For launch, the games available will no doubt be limited, but Sony's Andrew House did confirm that Naughty Dog's The Last of Us and Quantic Dream's Beyond: Two Souls will be among the titles available to play without a PlayStation 3 at CES in order to test out the service. Sony has since confirmed that God of War: Ascension and Puppeteer will also be playable on PS Vita and Bravia televisions on the CES show floor.

Sony has confirmed that PlayStation Now will be a subscription-based service -- though whether it will tie-in to existing subscriptions like PlayStation Plus remains to be seen -- and will support online multiplayer and Trophies. Players can also opt not to subscribe and rent games on a by-game basis.

0107140942a-610x343.jpg

It's unclear what the specific roster of games will be when PlayStation Now launches, and whether it will basically be a conduit for what's already available for PSone, PS2, and PS3 on PlayStation Network. Either way, this effectively solves PlayStation 4's native lack of digital backwards compatibility.

We're awaiting further details about PlayStation Now, but in the meantime, expect a closed beta for the service to begin later this month, with full service rolling out to PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and other electronic devices this summer.

Can't seem to find a bundle that suits anywhere, and most of them don't seem particularly discounted (e.g. the only PS4 + Vita pack I've seen comes in a fair bit over £500, for that price as might as well buy the Vita Mega Pack on it's own for £170 and the console separately).  All the bundles with second controllers are either out of stock (Toys R Us), come with a camera I don't want (Amazon) or come with Blu Rays I don't want (Game).  :mellow:

Edited by GarethRDR

What did you expect? :lol: 

There are people who pre-ordered who are having to wait until March to get their bundles.  

I didn't pre-order and I got a Killzone bundle from Argos for £389.

http://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-ps4-playstation-4 - I used that site to tell me when stock was available, I then rang in store to stop it being sold and went and picked it up immeditately. 

Good luck finding one. 

Can't seem to find a bundle that suits anywhere, and most of them don't seem particularly discounted (e.g. the only PS4 + Vita pack I've seen comes in a fair bit over £500, for that price as might as well buy the Vita Mega Pack on it's own for £170 and the console separately). All the bundles with second controllers are either out of stock (Toys R Us), come with a camera I don't want (Amazon) or come with Blu Rays I don't want (Game). :mellow:

Bundles are always like that. They sell something you want with a bunch of shit they otherwise wouldn't be able to shift.

Would be nice if 'Playstation Now' works on my Bravia...wonder if it'll only be the really new models or something, though...? Then again, how would the controls work? It'd be quite awesome if a PS3/4 controller worked with it.

Â