Playstation 4

hogso

There's playing Battlefield and there's playing Battlefield.

That may sound patronising, but when you get playing with people who know what they're doing, can help you with your technique and will help you out and become your buddies, the team work aspect, the large set pieces, the different ranges of gun fight you can have, the tactics you and your team and deploy, the differing methods of gaining the upper hand over the other team... 

I don't understand why anyone over the age of 14/15 would play COD over Battlefield.  It literally does not make any sense to me.. 

I'm going to link you to a video of a guy called FrankieonPCin1080p;  He's a big nerd, but he's good at any shooter.  He's playing with a guy called Jackfrags, who is also good.

But watch the gameplay (10-15mins of it) and tell me that COD can replicate the excitement of it. 

Here's the link;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t7XUq_6nhw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUxbivvwPkudpfWrLQHGHQyw

That may sound patronising, but when you get playing with people who know what they're doing, can help you with your technique and will help you out and become your buddies, the team work aspect, the large set pieces, the different ranges of gun fight you can have, the tactics you and your team and deploy, the differing methods of gaining the upper hand over the other team... 

there's my problem with battlefield, I don't want that, I want to run round like a nutter shooting people and then after 2/3 games turn it off, I don't meet up with people at set times, have friends or have a headset or any of that nonsense

the problem is CoDs largely broken gameplay, where you shoot people like a nutter only to be stabbed from 8m away, have guns that take ages to get balanced, constantly have things above your head that kill everything that steps outside, or even worse you come across people who play objective based games like domination but have absolutely no interest in the objectives :angry:

CoD is a frustrating game whereas personally I found battlefield to be a boring game

There's playing Battlefield and there's playing Battlefield.

I don't understand why anyone over the age of 14/15 would play COD over Battlefield.  It literally does not make any sense to me.. 

I'm going to link you to a video of a guy called FrankieonPCin1080p;  He's a big nerd, but he's good at any shooter.  He's playing with a guy called Jackfrags, who is also good.

But watch the gameplay (10-15mins of it) and tell me that COD can replicate the excitement of it. 

Here's the link;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t7XUq_6nhw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUxbivvwPkudpfWrLQHGHQyw

That looks incredible!

There is that Biffy. 

But Arma is a much slower game, even more so than Battlefield.

COD is good if like Villaforeurope, you just want to play for half an hour.

I'd argue you can also get that in Battlefield, but if you're used to one thing then it is hard to get used to another. 

Plus, if you die in Arma, it feels a lot more consequential than other games. 

Yoshida has been speaking about DNLA/CD/MP3 support - basically they're going to patch it in. They seem to have been surprised by the response that it wasn't going to be included so they're putting it in after launch sometime. The reason given for that, making a cheap pop at Microsoft at the same time I assume, was that they just didn't consider it as feature they needed, as the focus was always on 'gaming features'. Personally I didn't even know what DNLA was, but it seems like a sensible thing to include.

It's boring, to be honest. Me and my mates got 2, then 3. We all ended up trading in and going back to COD. Each to their own. I'll pick up BF4 at some point, but I already know it'll be gone within a short amount of time because I want to play a shooter and not have to sit inside a vehicle all game just so I don't get obliterated every  seconds by a tank while I'm trying to run around myself.

It's boring, to be honest. Me and my mates got 2, then 3. We all ended up trading in and going back to COD. Each to their own. I'll pick up BF4 at some point, but I already know it'll be gone within a short amount of time because I want to play a shooter and not have to sit inside a vehicle all game just so I don't get obliterated every  seconds by a tank while I'm trying to run around myself.

Honestly? That's a pretty lame reason.  

I've been in games and picked up 150 kills.. 

It's not boring, if you know how to play it.

The thing BF doesn't do, is force you into other players, because of tiny maps. 

I can understand people saying I like to pick up and play, or, I've got friends that play COD.  But I'm not going to accept that it's boring because you have to sit in a tank, because you don't. 

Battlefield takes more skill than having good reactions and allows for a wider range of player types. If you choose to be a sniper, you can actually be a sniper, not just a guy with a sniper rifle that found a room that will get spammed by players within 30 seconds a la COD.

I found bf3 easy and way more fun. She it first cone out on Xbox for the first 6 months had q kd ratio that was over 3/1 and a spm over 900 which is good. I stopped playing when they got people to pay for servers and doing dlcs. Dice sqod they would never be like cod and they went down the cod route by charging for extras.

I'd suggest to play Killzone before making your decision. Without spoiling it, it's very good. It takes some risks that don't pay off, but that's far better than regurgated CoD stuff (which somehow got an 8.8 on IGN)

I think the best exclusive game will be Forza on the XBO, but from what I've read they've taken loads of tracks and cars out so they can fleece people for even more money with DLC, so I wouldn't have bought it anyway.

Definitely a poor launch lineup, but with The Order, Infamous, Titanfall, Halo 5, Watchdogs, Division, there's plenty of stuff next year to look forward to.

Â