January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Forest brought on a brick shithouse DM yesterday with about 20 minutes to play. Name of Moussi I believe. Seemed to like a tackle and didn't waste any passes. I know you can't tell much about a player in 20 minutes but does anyone know anything about him?

tom huddlestone would certainly be better than players like delph, el ahmadi, bannan or even gardner, would be worth a punt

also, just after i closed the laptop last night, a thought hit me, we should sell clark, id like to explain why...

we currently have 4 CBs (not including others who can player there)

Vlaar - currently injured, huge loss

Dunne - injured, experienced lost whilst out

Clark - young

Baker - young

we need eperience in the centre, but with the main 2 out its an issue, clark and baker will hamper the development of one or the other, only time will tell who is hampered, what we do know though is by the age of 25, baker will be better than clark, also, with dunne soon to leave, we could then do with 2 better CBs (Ba and Alderweireld?)

with CB options of the following next season, we will be stronger in that area...

Vlaar

Alderweireld

Ba

Baker

I think the whole club needs a lift at the moment, the young players have shown their best and worst so far and things haven't been helped by our more senior players being currently injured.

If Lambert could pull off a 'Carew/Young' style transfer window, we'd be in a much better place!

I have faith in PL's transfers, none of them of goppingly bad and will all have a part to play this season.

I think 3-4 signings is achievable - a CB, CM, AM/Winger and AM/ST

Wish list (and trying to be realistic)

AM/ST - Finnbogason/Guidetti/Aubameyang

AM/Winger - Pilkington/Morison (Norwich)

CM - Dale Stephens (Charlton)/Derek Boateng/Raoul Loe

CB - ??

The time for players with potential is not now , right now we need experianced players who can slot straight into the team.

For me once we concede we try to get back into the game but our heads go as all the players go rushing in trying to get the ball we lose position and we get picked off.We need players to calm the younger players down in those situations.It wasn't just the last 2 matches either Southampton were made to look like Barcelona in the 2nd half.That said after half a season you would expect the players to be better drilled.

if anything, although not at the moment, and generally speaking, shouldnt it be the other way round?

ie, buying the experienced, top drawer first team players in the summer to strengthen us for the season ahead, and pick up 1 or 2 for the future gems in january, with maybe an emergency buy on top?

tom huddlestone would certainly be better than players like delph, el ahmadi, bannan or even gardner, would be worth a punt

also, just after i closed the laptop last night, a thought hit me, we should sell clark, id like to explain why...

we currently have 4 CBs (not including others who can player there)

Vlaar - currently injured, huge loss

Dunne - injured, experienced lost whilst out

Clark - young

Baker - young

we need eperience in the centre, but with the main 2 out its an issue, clark and baker will hamper the development of one or the other, only time will tell who is hampered, what we do know though is by the age of 25, baker will be better than clark, also, with dunne soon to leave, we could then do with 2 better CBs (Ba and Alderweireld?)

with CB options of the following next season, we will be stronger in that area...

Vlaar

Alderweireld

Ba

Baker

Was sure someone mentioned the other day that Baker has been pretty injury prone for most of his career. He reportedly has a hamstring problem - which could mean Clark\Herd at CB for a couple of weeks

if anything, although not at the moment, and generally speaking, shouldnt it be the other way round?

ie, buying the experienced, top drawer first team players in the summer to strengthen us for the season ahead, and pick up 1 or 2 for the future gems in january, with maybe an emergency buy on top?

Absolutely thats would be the better option but we have so little experience in the team at mo we need to get some in ASAP

As the Mids biggest club, we really should be plundering local teams for their best players - James Morrison, Chris Brunt and Shane Long would all be good solid signings, then you can add squad players such as Jamie O'Hara, Nathan Redmond & Will Hughes and Billy Sharp

As the Mids biggest club, we really should be plundering local teams for their best players - James Morrison, Chris Brunt and Shane Long would all be good solid signings, then you can add squad players such as Jamie O'Hara, Nathan Redmond & Will Hughes and Billy Sharp

As others have pointed out, Will Hughes seems destined for the very top at the moment. Unlikely to want to come to Aston Villa to be a squad player when there are rumours that he can go off to be a squad player at Barcelona instead.

we cant keep living on our history...

correct.. history of winning cups counts for nothing..we are where we are.out side of the midlands were looked down on & wba are top dogs of midlands..no sugar daddy at the albion, whats stopping us getting some albion players?

I think the whole club needs a lift at the moment, the young players have shown their best and worst so far and things haven't been helped by our more senior players being currently injured.

If Lambert could pull off a 'Carew/Young' style transfer window, we'd be in a much better place!

I have faith in PL's transfers, none of them of goppingly bad and will all have a part to play this season.

I think 3-4 signings is achievable - a CB, CM, AM/Winger and AM/ST

Wish list (and trying to be realistic)

AM/ST - Finnbogason/Guidetti/Aubameyang

AM/Winger - Pilkington/Morison (Norwich)

CM - Dale Stephens (Charlton)/Derek Boateng/Raoul Loe

CB - ??

Name the place and I'll drive Morro up, as for Pilks, you have no chance.