Which manager has given us the most entertaining football?

Pelle

Which Manager has given us the most entertaining football  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Which Manager has given us the most entertaining football

• BFR
    • Little
    • JG
    • GT mkII
    • DOL

Just a small question that any mod can feel free to make a poll out of. Simple question: Which manager for Villa do you think has given the most entertaining football at VP in PLs history? To debate before PL would make it too many choices and as I reckon a lot of the posters on here are too young to remember anyway I keep it to the managers we've had in the PL. Options are Big Ron Atkinson, Brian Little, John Gregory, Graham Taylor in his 2nd spell, David O'Leary and Martin O'Neill.

My choice is Big Ron as he gave us a lot of entertaining football, especially during the 92-93-season. Great goals, great games, great play. Followed by Brian Little. So, yours are...?

Edit: I know it's the players who are playing and I think that myself, but still it's the manager who's deciding how to play, etc.

Big Ron gave us some great matches and obvious triumphs. Saunders and atkinson were a joy to behold sometimes. however for entertainment id probably side with gregory. mainly due to the creativity of merson and sheer determination and class of taylor and dion.

In my time, Big Ron without a doubt.

The football we played in our 2nd placed finish season wouldn't have looked out of place at the San Siro, Nou Camp or any of them.

We were better than Manure that season, i don't care what any of the redscum say.

Has to be Ron and I'll give you two reasons why, Dalian and Deano. They shared the goals about evenly though neither was prolific. I think it was the quality of the finishes which made it so entertaining to watch them (see below).

Dalian's wonder goal!

Deano's cracker!

I love those 2 goals, but a goal that more shows how entertaining we played at that season is the one against Sheff Wednesday at VP. That was a brilliant team-move.

OK, own up, who voted for GT mkII and O'Leary?!

Toss up between Big Racist Ron and Little. I think Ron just shades it, although the 7-1 tonking of Wimbledon takes some beating.

:lol: It wasnt me, but you sure know how to make people confess

To be fair, Old Trafford away under GT mkII was probably our best performance there in years, and the mullering of the crisp munchers by O'Leary's team was a bit good too.

I for one think that we played very good under DOL during that spell when we reached the 6th but not near enough to get my vote. :P also a bit surprised about those 2 votes but everyone's entiteld to ther opinions and it would be meaningless to have options you won't be allowed to vote for. :)

Â