Which manager has given us the most entertaining football?

Pelle

Which Manager has given us the most entertaining football  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Which Manager has given us the most entertaining football

• BFR
    • Little
    • JG
    • GT mkII
    • DOL

BFR from that list but some of the football under Saunders especially in the heady days of Little, Cowans and co were incredible.

The away match as Sheffield was one of the best away matches I ever saw.

Little had his moments and for strike on the counter football, you just couldn't beat Gregory's side that topped the table.

Even Gt with Platt had some magic moments, but for shear near guaranteed entertainment BFR's sides stood out even though you never had any idea whether it would be win, lose, or draw

BFR's team of 1992/93. Not just one of the most entertaining Villa sides of the Premiership years, but one of the most entertaining sides any club has fielded in the Premier League, ever.

Has to be Ron and I'll give you two reasons why, Dalian and Deano. They shared the goals about evenly though neither was prolific. I think it was the quality of the finishes which made it so entertaining to watch them (see below).

Dalian's wonder goal!

Deano's cracker!

The goal that sums up BFR for me was also scored in 1992/93. Ive tried my hardest to find it on youtube, but i cant. Does anyone with the season review video have the facility to upload it to the internet. I know we were having our own private goal of the season competition that year, but if it wasnt for Dalians moment of genius being the more spectacular of the goals we scored, this would have won it for sure. It was total football.

What am i on about? Dwight Yorke vs Sheffield Wednesday at home. Right at the end of the season, the internet tells me the date was the 20th March. We won 2-0. A slick passing move which started almost at the right back position, through the midfield with some one touch football, out to the left wing, a low cross, Deano sold the keeper a dummy when he stepped over the cross and Yorke stuck it into an open goal at the far post from 2 yards. It was undefendable and a thing of beauty. Id love to see it again.

Â