Which manager has given us the most entertaining football?

Pelle

Which Manager has given us the most entertaining football  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Which Manager has given us the most entertaining football

• BFR
    • Little
    • JG
    • GT mkII
    • DOL

BFR without a doubt. I think that UEFA cup season with Little/Gregory (I can never remember if we were under JG in any of those games however or if it was just little) in the 97/98 season (the back end obviously because the start was fecking awful) was good too.

I remember going to a few games when BFR was the manager and just thinking I can't believe this is Villa after some of the performances by previous managers (even though we had success with GT mk1 we were playing better football with BFR for a while). I remember just being really proud of the quality we were showing. I'm confident though that we'll have quality football AND consistency soon the way we are set up now. Who'd have thought it a few months ago!

I am genuinely surprised DOL is so low, if there was one thing O'leary produced in his pomp was a entertaining team!

For a while he had us playing some excellent football, amongst the best in the league IMO. To say Gregory produced a football style more pleasing to the eye is either a blind hatred of DOL or blind love of JG.

I'm older so it has to be Ron Saunders 76 - 77 side. Awesome with Gray, Little, Cropley, Mortimer etc. Beating Arse and Lpool 5-1, the latter won the league and Euro Cup that season. We won league cup and finished 4th in the league. If you look at our poor results on the run in we should have finished higher or maybe won the league.

Â